Date with Fate

Elevator Girl

When Seulgi was young she loved going to amusement parks. Obviously she couldn't go alone because she's a child so her parents always went with her. She remembers running around with her mother calling out her name and telling her to slow down while her dad laughs as he tells his wife it's ok to let her run. Seulgi treasured the moments here because they couldn't go all the time. 

She wondered what her parents felt looking after her because Seulgi feels like she's going to get that feeling today. Why? Because Irene looks like a 5 year old child who first stepped in Disney Land. She looked so happy that she was literally bouncing up and down. Well she doesn't feel like a parent more like a....girlfriend?

"C'mon Seulgi let's go!" Irene held Seulgi's hand as she dragged the poor girl around, there was so much stuff to do here: eat, play, shows to watch, rides, and buy things.

Irene made sure to bring lots of money, even though she had no idea where they were going it's always good to bring extra money with her. 

"Which one do you want to go to first?"

"How about that?" Irene pointed at a rollercoaster with a short line. But before Seulgi could respond Irene was already leading the way.

"I never took you for a rollercoaster person." Seulgi says.

"It's the same as you not taking me for a horror person." Irene replies.

"Haha, you got that right." She gave off her eye smile that could make anyone swoon.

The short wait was over as it was finally there turn, Seulgi lead Irene to the very first row which made latter frown. She is quite afraid of heights and she doesn't like being the first to see the drop and the things on the ride, she likes it in one of the middle rows because that way she isn't last or first.

"Are you sure you want to sit here?''

"Yup. Either that or you can sit next to a random stranger somewhere behind." Irene was left with no choice but to sit at the front with Seulgi because she doesn't want to sit with someone she doesn't know.

"Before it starts, you wanna make a deal?" Seulgi says,

"What with you with bets and deals?" 

"It's fun to win." Seulgi shrugs, "Whoever screams first loses and the winner gets to pick what the loser has to wear."

"Wear?"

"Yeah, there's countless stores that sell clothes and accessories. We can get like hats, headbands, or shirts."

"Ok sure. Deal." 

No deal, Irene may like rollercoaster rides but she's only able to enjoy them if she screams out her fears and excitement. Keeping it inside just makes her scared. She could hear the sound of metals clanking and the ride moving, they were slowly rising up to a high slope.

Too late to back out though.

They were finally at the top and Irene regrets opening her eyes because she can see everything below and how high they actually were. It feels like she's gonna plunge to her doom.

1...

2...

3!

"Aaaaaaaaah!!!" A sharp dolphin shriek (you can just imagine RBB's scream but way longer) was heard throughout the entire ride. Seulgi felt like she was going to turn deaf but she ended up laughing, she held Irene's hand that was once clasped to the handle in front of them. She almost regretted it because Irene was squishing her hand with all her might, but it felt nice to have Irene's hand with hers so it's worth it. 

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Irene was trying to catch her breath after the ride, there was at least 3 loops on that ride and she was about to curse whoever made that idea to put those into rollercoasters 

"I think everyone's not going to ride that after hearing your screams." Seulgi teased the older girl.

"Good. That way they lose money and later get rid of that ride."

Seulgi laughed at her response and now they went to other rides. After a few hours, they were busy walking around the stores and shops when Seulgi noticed a small stall selling headbands and hats. "Let's go there."

Seulgi was carefully looking at each headband before finally deciding on one. "Irene, close your eyes I'm going to put it on you."

"It better be cute because if it's something stupid I'm going to hit you." Irene says as she closes her eyes with her hands. She felt Seulgi putting something on her head. She felt herself being lead forward, Seulgi had put Irene infront of a mirror.

"Now open them." Seulgi whispers to her ear. Irene slowly removed her hands and opened her eyes to see her with.....bunny ears?

She looked at Seulgi. "Really? Bunny ears?"

"Why you don't like it? I think it makes you look cute." Seulgi pouts making Irene blush, her pout is a killing machine.

"I never said I didn't like it. Why a bunny?" Irene asks.

"Because you look and act like one." 

"You know bunnies die from fright right? They die from loud sounds or shock."

"Well then, this bear will protect you! I promise." Seulgi says as she puts her own headband. It was one with bear ears, Irene now believes that Seulgi is an actual bear.

"Oh my gosh! You look so cute!" Irene squealed as she pinches Seulgi's cheeks. Irene quickly got out her phone and started taking photos of the bear in front of her. Soon they were taking photos together. They were laughing as they did this.

"You guys are a very cute couple." The store owner says as he watches the two of them interact.

"Thank you!" Seulgi responds with much joy while Irene just shys away and mutters a small thanks before pulling Seulgi towards another ride.

__________________

Before they knew it it was already night time and amazingly they weren't tired. They were having too much fun here.

Seulgi would say that this date was almost a success, if it did count as a date though, all that was left was too confess or else this would be all for not. There's was only an hour before closing time and there was only one more ride to go to. The Ferris Wheel.

Yes. Very cliche but it's the best place to be romantic and confess especially when they're at the very top.

"Irene?" Seulgi calls out to the girl who clung to her like a koala.

"Mhm?" Irene was busy eating cotton candy, it was colorful and bigger than her face.

"Let's go to one more ride."

"Sure! Which one?" 

Seulgi points at the Ferris Wheel and Irene just nods in agreement as they both walk towards its direction. When it was finally there turn, they went inside and sat together. They were slowly rising and they could see the night sky view. You could see all the city lights and it was a breath taking view. Irene took another photo, Irene noticed that she has barely any photos in her phone, it was saddening. So now she'll take as much as she can right now.

When they were finally at the top, Seulgi knew it was time.

"Irene?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember I said I'd tell you who I liked when I take you out?" Seulgi was getting scared. "I'm going to tell you who it is."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Irene says, "You don't look comfortable with telling me."

"N-no it's not like that. It's just the person I like is someone really close to me and... I'm scared that when I tell her my feelings she might reject me and be awkward with me." Seulgi was trying to let out her feelings.

"It think it's worth telling your feelings. If you really like that person, you would do it despite the consequences and the results. And you never know maybe you have a chance." Irene tried to reassure her.

A chance? Against Joy she probably has a 45% chance. After all Joy's everything someone would want. No. No. Don't be negative, Seulgi reminded herself, think highly and positive about yourself.

"The person I like...." Seulgi starts, Irene was staring deeply into Seulgi's eyes as she talked.

.

.

.

"Is...y-"

*Psh *Pow *Pow

Fireworks were being fired to the sky. Cutting Seulgi's confession. This almost made Seulgi want to cry but she has to finish what she started. She was going to try confess again by saying it closer to Irene's ear but she noticed that Irene was covering her ears and her eyes.

"Are you afraid of fireworks?" Seulgi says unsure if Irene could hear her.

"Yeah." Irene replies and that's enough for Seulgi to scoot closer to Irene and hug her. She whispered words of comfort to distract the scared girl. Apparently the fireworks would last for 10 minutes and Seulgi knows this because she researched ahead. The original plan was to confess, Irene would say yes, and then they'd watch the fireworks together but Fate wasn't with her, or destiny, or God, or the universe.

"You were right, a bunny can die of shock or of fright. Don't worry just like I promised, this bear will protect you." Hearing what Seulgi said made Irene laugh, it made her smile. After finally getting down from the ride, they decided that it was time to get home.

'Too bad, I didn't hear who Seulgi liked. But I'm pretty sure it started with a 'Y'.' Irene thought to herself.

____________

*Ding

"Hey, today was fun. Thanks for asking me out." Irene says quietly since there were other people inside as well.

"No problem." Seulgi gave a little bow.

"You didn't tell me about who you liked but it's okay I don't need to know. Because it's personal. I was a bit jealous when you told me you liked someone but I don't know why."

This brought hope to Seulgi, Irene was jealous over....herself? But this could mean Irene liked her. It was kinda embarrassing since Irene was talking about the person she liked in an elevator full of people. Luckily it was Seulgi's turn to get out since they've arrived at her floor. The monolid eyed girl pulled Irene out for a bit, she told the people inside to please hold the door and wait for Irene.

"Irene, I'm going to say something really important." 

"Okay what is it?"

This is it.

"The person I like is you." Seulgi says clearly before giving Irene a kiss. She quickly ran to her room before Irene could do or say anything. There a slight cheering inside the elevator but Irene didn't hear it

Irene was stunned, standing there before she heard a whistle. She turned her head to see Taeyong, waving at her. She quickly walked back in the elevator feeling completely flushed and shy. Taeyong gave her a big pat on the back, "Hey there you luckly girl!"

"Uhh...." 

"Hee hee, are you guys together now or?" Taeyong asks.

"Uhh no, she just confessed to me."

"And???" Taeyong waits for Irene to go on.

"I didn't respond to her."

"What?!" Taeyong says shocked.

"She just said she liked me and then she ran off." Irene tried to defend herself.

"But do you like her back?" Taeyong says the most important question.

"I.... I don't know." Irene says sadly.

"How can you not know?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"I'm not sure. I feel something when I'm with Seulgi and that feeling makes me happy and scared at the same time. And I don't know if that means something."

"It does. That means you like her too." Taeyong says stating the obvious.

"But what about Joy?" Irene asks, luckily for her Taeyong knows about her being best friends with Joy via Seulgi and Wendy. He could only sigh, things could get difficult if Irene couldn't solve her feelings.

"Do you like Joy?"

"I don't know also. Ugh! I'm such a bad person, the two people I care about alot like me and I can't even give them a reply." Although Joy did not actually confess to her, Irene's not that dense to ignore Joy's actions. She knew Joy does like her. Irene started to tear up.

"That's what you get for being too pretty noona." Taeyong jokes off.

"What don't tell me you like me too?" Irene wipes her tears.

"Nah, if I was straight then sure but nope. You're not a bad person noona. You're just confused, that's all."

"Wait you're gay?" The shorter girl's eyes widen.

"Yeah. I'm not obvious? I'm going up to my boyfriends unit, it's a floor above yours. His name's Doyoung. He reminds me of you, he's a bunny as well." Taeyong smiles.

*Ding 

It was Irene's turn to leave, "We have so much to talk about Taeyong. How could you not tell me you were in a relationship?" Irene hits him in the arm.

"You didn't ask." 

"Yah! It's late already you better not stay long there, Jisung is probably waiting for you."

"Bye noona!" Taeyong says as the doors close.

____________

Seulgi confessed to Irene. But she doesn't know what to do. She sighed as she lies on her bed, she has to figure things out and quick. She likes Seulgi, I mean who wouldn't? But she doesn't know if it's the like that Seulgi feels for her.

It's funny how people know Irene likes Seulgi but Irene herself doesn't know that she does.

"I'll make things right. I'll find out who I truly like or if I even like anyone." She said with determination. But looking back to Seulgi's confession, she probably was trying to confess to her during the Ferris Wheel ride but the fireworks stopped her. Irene giggled to herself, sad Seulgi. But her confession was cute, simple, not that planned, but cute.

"Don't worry Seulgi. I'll give an answer soon." Irene says before heading to sleep.

If they were meant to be together Fate will find a way to let it happen.

 

__________________________________________________

Wahhh this took really long to make because I was writing this days ago but whatever I wrote got deleted or it didn't save (?) TWICE! So I had to rewrite everything. This is all my fault tho, so I'm sorry for the delay, I was supposed to post this on Wendy's birthday.  I'm also sorry if you were expecting more....I should learn to stop saying sorry and be more confident with what I write TT_TT can't help it I'm a coward n a sorry person

Happy Belated Birthday to Wendy!!! <3

Thank you for reading this, commenting, subscribing n upvoting.

Irene will make a decision by the next chapter!! So Seulrene or Joyrene? And yes I do ship DoTae. They the best!

 

FUN FACT:

Before elevators, the upper floors of a house or hotel were reserved for servants or low-rent tenants, who were stuck having to walk up flights of stairs. The advent of elevators meant the rich could easily travel to upper floors. They realized the view from the top was amazing, which led to the concept of the penthouse.