Talk Talk

Elevator Girl

Seulgi was left on Irene's couch as the two sisters went inside Irene's room to talk. Seulgi opted to leave but the younger Bae said to stay so that she could take with her later. Now Seulgi normally isn't intimidated by those younger than her, and Yeri is like 5 years younger than her. But Yeri gives off this scary aura, and Irene told her that despite her sister's age she's actually really smart. Like really super smart.

Seulgi had nothing to do except lay down. Not to mention that it's already dark outside, can't she sleep? She needs to 'hibernate' or so Irene says.

__________________________________________________

"Unnie? Are you ok? You're feeling better right?" Asked Yeri as she put her palm against Irene's forehead to check her temperature. Feeling nothing hot or unusual Yeri gave off a sigh. Irene gave off a smile, even though she didn't want her sister to worry she likes to know that her sister cared for her.

"I haven't received your call days ago. And I got scared and when I received a call from Taeyeon-unnie that you were in the hospital. I wanted to go to you right away but Mother said to finish my meeting and stuff."  Since Irene asked to be a game developer, Yeri was the one who was going to take over the company. Irene felt bad that the responsibility was passed to her sister, but she would only have done it if she knew that Yeri could handle it. And she could,  Yeri was doing great despite being only in high school. 

"May I ask why were you standing in the rain? You dislike the rain. You always bring an umbrella with you? Did you want to get sick!?" Yeri held her sister's hands and looked her in the eyes. And she could see betrayal in Irene's eyes.

"More like who instead of what." Irene replied,

"Is it Bogum again? I swear if he-"

"No, it's not. It's Joy." Irene interrupted. 

Yeri let go of her hands and shook her head. "Did Sooyoung do something to you for helping the Kangs? Did she threaten you or something?" 

"Why are asking as if Joy is someone bad? All she did was talk to me!" Irene saw that Yeri would no longer look her in her eyes. She walked to her and placed her hands on her cheeks and lifted her face gently.

"Yerim.... why didn't you tell me I had a best friend? A best friend that wanted to see me? Why didn't you want her to see me, if you wanted me to remember things about my past wouldn't having Joy with me trigger some memories?"

"Because she is no longer your best friend, she betrayed you and hurt you. She has no right to even talk to you!" Yeri said with anger in her voice.

"What did she do?" Irene asked softly, so softly that Yeri wanted to answer her. Irene sounded so sad, she needed answers but Yeri didn't want to give it.

"She was the one that made you stand in the rain? Did she force you?" 

"No, she left and I was so caught up in my thoughts that I ended standing in the rain. It's okay now, I'm fine."

"That's good." Yeri let out a sigh, "Well since I'm here till school starts, let's go out tomorrow okay?" Yeri said a little too chirpy.

"I can't, I have work." 

"That's okay, I've always wanted to see where you did all your stuff. How's the game going?" Yeri asked as she looked around her sister's room, a little bit untidy with papers scattered around on her desk but other than that it seemed like a room Joohyun would live in.

"You're not allowed inside where I'm put but I can show you around the building. And the game is going smoothly it'll be released in a few months. You know this is the first game my team is finally gonna brought out. After many restarts and declines from the higher ups, they finally liked what we made! After all the sleepless nights and overwork-" Irene stopped as she was hugged by Yeri.

Yeri was so happy. So, so happy. Hearing Irene talk about the job she loved so much made her smile. This is what Irene always wanted, to create games and it's now finally happening, Yeri was so proud of her sister.

"You're probably tired unnie. Go to sleep." Yeri let go off the hug. Irene let out a yawn and nodded her head. "Shouldn't you go to sleep too? You can sleep with me. Wait! Seulgi, let me bring Seulgi back to her room." Irene started walking out of her room before Yeri stopped her.

"I'll do it Joohyun-unnie. You get your sleep."

"Just tell Seulgi she can sleep back in her room and please accompany her, I don't want her to walk alone." Irene said before closing her eyes, going to her bed, and going off into a deep sleep.

"Seulgi...... I hope she's a nice friend to you unnie. And hopefully she's only a friend." Yeri whispered to herself. Now it was time to do the sister confrontation and questioning. Seulgi may not be Irene's girlfriend yet but Yeri will make sure it'll never happen. Nobody deserves her sister and she's there to make sure of it.

 

 

Seulgi was this, THIS close to falling asleep on the couch but she heard the sound of footsteps and immediately stood up. She was met by Yeri who seemed not happy to see her here.

"Did Irene go to sleep?" Seulgi asks and Yeri just nods in reply. They ended up standing awkwardly across each other before Seulgi faked a cough, "I think I should go, it's late. Nice meeting you!" Seulgi gave off a smile and started walking her way out.

"I'm going with you." Yeri states, "I said to Joohyun....Irene-unnie that I'd accompany you." Yeri was confused whether or not to call her sister Joohyun or Irene around Seulgi.

*Ding

The elevator wasn't turned off but instead kept on 24/7 for the residents to use. Seulgi simply looked at the numbers shown above the door that indicated what floor they were. She prayed to the world that she would reach her floor and save herself from this scary sister moment. But alas, when did the world ever listen to her.

"Hope you don't mind me asking. But how did you meet my sister?" Yeri starts off,

"We met in this elevator. Uhmm... I woke up late and I was rushing my way. The elvator door was about to close but luckily your sister was there to keep it open. At first I didn't notice her but when I did I got shocked. And then I tried to do small talk with her and yeah, she let me borrow her umbrella since it was raining. And after a few more meetings we became friends." Seulgi explained.

"Mhm. And how much do you know about her?" 

"Well I know that she likes laundry and ironing, she likes watching horror, she loves gaming, and smelling her clothes...... and I know about her accident."

Yeri already expected that. Joohyun has shown her full self to Seulgi, she would call Joohyun everyday and each call she wouldn't stopped talking about Seulgi,  and this only increased Yeri's curiosity. So far Seulgi seems like a nice person, a good friend and shows no sign of deep affection.... yet. Yeri looked up and saw that there were still more floors to go before reaching the designated floor.

"The fact that you know her real name, it means she trusts you. Please don't break that trust." Yeri says,

"I never thought of doing so. You can trust me not to."

"Good. Next, did Joohyun-unnie do any physical activities?" 

"Yeah, we actually went skating today. Other than that I don't think so. Irene dislikes having to jog or run, and she walks pretty slow." Seulgi pondered, did Irene do any physical activities? She was a homebody. Before pondering further she was hit multple times by Yeri.

"Ouch! Stop! I said stop!" Luckily Yeri wasn't really hitting hard but it still hurt. 

"Yah! Joohyun-unnie isn't allowed to do that. She has a weak respiratory system, plus she has a weak immune system. You're not supposed to let her do anything that is heart racing." 

The accident, when Irene jumped, caused water to enter her lungs making her have  pulmonary edema. She has trouble breathing, chest pain, and gets tired easily, even after the water left her lungs she still has these. This is why when Irene was running to Seulgi when she heard her crying in the phone, Irene ran as fast as she could but having to stop due to tiredness and pain. Taeyeon told her not to do anymore physical activities like dancing, running, or sports.

"I didn't know. And Irene didn't show any signs of pain, she didn't move around fast, we skated slowly. It won't happen again!" Seulgi deeply apologized. Yeri left out a deep sigh,  her worry of her sister living alone grew by a thousand.

"Okay last." Yeri started.

*Ding

They were finally on the 18th floor. Seulgi walked out expecting Yeri to follow but she turned to see her still inside the elevator. Yeri held the 'open' door button so she could talk to Seulgi.

"Don't let Park Sooyoung anywhere near my sister. You got that?" Yeri sounded serious and Seulgi got concerned.

"Sooyoung? What does she have to do with- did she do something to Irene?!" 

"I don't know yet but just make sure they don't get in contact. I won't drop you to your room I'm too tired. Bye!" And with that the door closed leaving Seulgi all alone in the hallway.

As Seulgi rested on her bed she couldn't stop thinking about what Yeri said. 'Did Sooyoung do something to Irene? But why? She doesn't know that Irene helped us. Why does she have to keep trying to ruin the lives of those I care about. Can't this model just stick to modeling?!'

She turned to her phone and started doing anything to distract her. She was looking at her gallery and was watching the videos she took with Irene. The older Bae looked so cute trying to not fall, Seulgi couldn't help but let out a soft giggle. She continued watching until she stumbled upon a video that she did not remember recording. 

"Hi Seulgi!" It was Irene's voice and face shown.

"Well you see I was recording you skate for awhile but then you're already good and you know that already, so I decided to stop." Irene turned the camera to show Seulgi skating really quick and graceful. And she turned the camera back to herself.

"Anyways, since I'm obviously not going to move without you near me, I'm just gonna wait here and talk. Thanks a lot, really. You worried about me and you brought me here to make me happy even though I didn't know how to skate. You're the best and so much more. So don't feel to negative about yourself okay? Goodluck in your last year of college, and yeah. Please delete this after because I have no idea what I'm saying or why I'm saying this." Irene laughed and waved bye at the camera before ending the video.

Seulgi didn't notice that she was smiling throughout the video. She turned off her phone and decided to get some shut eye. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day. 

 

__________________________________________________

Joy was sitting on a leather chair as she stared off into the city lights. It was already late but she couldn't sleep. She had a busy schedule the morning after yet here she was thinking of a certain Bae. 

She remembered how Irene looked when she saw her, ponytail and glasses. She looked so cute and adorable, she regrets not having to take a picture. She couldn't wait to see her again and talk to her. She feels so bad for not being able to meet her sooner but there were things that were in the way like her career and Yeri. 

Yeri.... Joy used to be so close to the younger girl but after what happened it was like the younger didn't remeber who Joy was to her or to Joohyun, she made sure Joy couldn't meet Joohyun and it was reasonable. Joy herself wouldn't want to even face Joohyun after what she did but she needed the doe-eyed girl to understand what happened. Joy's night went off thinking about Joohyun and her well being, not knowing that she was the cause that Joohyun went to the hospital again. And not knowing that there was another obstacle in her way to get to Joohyun, first it was Seulgi but Joy felt like that wouldn't be much of a problem. The next was that Yeri was in Seoul.

 

__________________________________________________

"Wake up, Yerim-ah!" Irene sang in a cheerful mood as she opened the curtians. Yeri grumbled and covered her face to block the sunlight. "C'mon Yeri, I thought you wanted to go out with me?"  Irene was very happy to spend time with her sister, she started jumping on the bed.

"I'm starting to think you're not my unnie by the way you act." Irene could only shrug and continue with her antics, Yeri not being able to go back to sleep got up and stopped her sister. 

"Okay, okay. What's for breakfast?"

Yeri sat down as she watched Irene cooked her some pancakes. She smiled as she saw her sister's face as she cooked, so happy. Yeri plans on keeping that smile, she won't let anyone ruin it. All she had was Joohyun and Sooyoung when she was younger, her parents weren't really there. But now Joohyun was gone, her memories gone. And Sooyoung betrayed them. 

Irene, even though with her memories gone was still her sister. And Yeri was one of the only people that believed Irene shouldn't get back her memories along with Taeyeon, Yoona and Seohyun (Joohyun's friends from school).

"Here!" Irene placed her fluffy pancakes onto Yeri's plate and grabbed the bottle of maple syrup and passed it to Yeri. "Dig in!"

Yup, this was the life Yeri wished to live with her sister, not the business life. And if they both can't have it atleast Irene can.

 

__________________________________________________

Sorry its been a month since you've seen me. Dont worry im not gone. Sorry for the errors and wrongs. How's the story for ya'll, comment what you think. I promise to try better each chapter. Until nxt time!

FUN FACT:

Elevator music first appeared in 1920s to calm the fearful passengers who used the elevators for the first time.