This is the Start pt. 2

Elevator Girl

"When you said hangout I thought you meant to actually hangout."

"Why you don't like the place I picked?"

"It's nice..... But not what I expected that's all." Irene says as accepts the fact that Seulgi just brought her to a flower shop. Don't get her wrong, Irene loves flowers and she loves receiving it but she doesn't think Seulgi's going to give them to her.

"I wanted to buy some for Jisoo and I wanted to plant some. I already planned on buying her roses so now I just need your help in picking what flowers to grow." Seulgi looks at the older girl with hope with her eyes, she's not the best at giving gifts.

"Oh, okay." Irene looked around and saw her favorite flower, the Hibiscus syriacus. "You should plant these, they're really beautiful and it's also called Rose of Sharon. So you can probably give these to Jisoo when it blooms." Irene didn't know why she recommended her favorite to Seulgi only for the latter to give it to someone else. 

"It's our national flower isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Okay! I'll buy the seeds, it'll take a long time but I can wait." Seulgi went to cashier with Irene behind her. Irene looked confused as she sees Seulgi buy only one rose.

"If you're going to buy flowers fom someone you don't buy one. Buy a bouquet of roses for her, Seul you're so lame." Irene ended telling the person in the cashier to add 11 more roses and wrap it up. Seulgi ended up pouting as she had to be the one to pay for it.

"I don't get why I have to pay for it when you're the rich one." Seulgi sighs as she remembers that after graduating she has to find a job quickly to earn money for her family, but she is also excited for what's to come.

"I know! I'll get a part time job." Seulgi looks at the shorter girl in determination.

"Are you sure? Shouldn't you be focusing on your studies since it's your last year?" 

"A small job will be fine. I'll go search some up later... But I'll have to ask my parents first."

The two ended up looking around stores imagining Seulgi working there part time. They ended up laughing when they stopped by an ice cream shop because Irene commented that she'll get fired for eating all the ice cream instead. And when they passed by a pet shop, Seulgi ended up joking about bringing all the dogs to Irene's unit when she gets her money and buys all the dogs. But because of that she was forced to buy Irene some donuts as they continues their shop viewing.

"I forgot to ask but where are you gonna plant the Hibiscus syriacus? You can't just put in a pot in your unit, it won't be able to grow due to space and other difficulties."

"Oh... I didn't think about that." Seulgi looked dumbfounded as she also realizes the mistake.

"Ommo! You slow bear! We have to think of a place or else you'll never be able to grow it." 

"How about Wendy's place? I visit their atleast 1 every two weeks and they have a garden." Seulgi says thoughtfully, but quickly shakes her head. "Wendy's cousins visit every weekend and thrash and step on everything on the garden that I wonder why even bother continue to have one."

"How about my place?" Irene suggests.

"I thought you said there's no space in the units?"

"No, I meant in Daegu. I mean I have a very big garden there and the maids take care of everything properly and carefully plus I can ask Yeri to look after it an-" Irene was going to continue when she noticed all the flaws in her suggestion.

One, it's all the way in Daegu. Two, Seulgi probably can't go to her house often. Three, it's very inconvenient to plant it there when she can just do it somewhere here in Seoul.

"Nevermind it's stupi-" Irene quicky says but was cut off.

"It's perfect! You'd really allow me to do that?" Seulgi asks the shorter girl with gleam in her eyes.

"Wh-what? You'd want that?" 

"Yeah! I've never been to your place and it also makes me to visit your home place once in awhile and meet your family. I mean if your fine with it. I'd like to meet them and plant the Hibiscus syriacus there." Seulgi titls her head to the side which Irene found very cute.

Irene was shocked for a second before nodding her head. "Yeah, I'm fine with it and I'm happy. I can't wait to bring you to where I lived."

"Hehe, it's a promise." Seulgi held out her pinky which Irene linked her own. And it was a promise that they were going to keep.

 

_________________________________________________

"So how did it go?" Seulgi was on the phone with Jisoo.

"How did what go?" Seulgi was getting ready to study, they had a big test coming up and she needed to get ready.

"Your little date with Irene?" Seulgi almost choked on her drink and Jisoo heard coughing at the other end.

"It wasn't a date." Seulgi tells her friend, "Oh and I did the things you've asked me. I was going to buy a single rose but Irene made me buy a bouquet."

Jisoo had asked Seulgi to buy her a single rose so that when Seulgi and Irene finally get together she'll give Jisoo a single rose as thanks. 

"Haha, did she now? So when will you give me that rose huh?" 

"Aishh, we're not together yet."

"Well you better hurry because the flower's gonna die." This was a hint to Seulgi to hurry and ask Irene out before it's too late. Good luck was the last words before Jisoo ended the call. Seulgi was busy looking at notes and analyzing some cases when she heard a knock on her door. She opened to find the younger Bae with books on her hands.

"Yeri?! What are you doing here?" Before getting a response, Yeri invited herself in and sat on the couch making herself comfortable.

"Well when you confessed to my dumb sister, she called me for support." 

"Oh so you know about that?" Seulgi shyly scratched in head.

"Yup." Yeri made a popping sound at the end of the word, "Don't worry unnie, I like you already so you don't need to worry about me." Yeri was now flipping through her books.

"I will not support you unless you help me in my exam though. I'm smart, don't get me wrong, but nothing's wrong with asking for help."

"You're still in highschool right?" Seulgi says as she sits down next to Yeri.

"Yeah. And you're a scholar so you have to be able to understand these things. Unnie made me miss my exam today and my classmates texted me that it was hardest thing ever. So you gotta help me!"

"Okay, I will. But how come you didn't just ask your older sister about this?" Seulgi was already reading though Yeri's book to try to grasp on what the younger girl was currently learning.

"She's on her period don't mind her." Yeri lies and laughs at her own joke. "I heard you're going to visit our house?"

"Yeah. Irene suggested to use her house to plant some flowers. I hope I'm not intruding or something." Seulgi replies still looking at Yeri's book.

"Not that all. In fact I'm excited but you can't go there unless you're together. Don't worry it won't take long." Yeri smiles before they finally start talking about the topic.

"You know, Irene-unnie is meeting up with Joy. I think Joy is going to confess to her." Yeri says. Seulgi eyes finally tore away from the book looking scared.

"Don't give me that look, you have nothing to be afraid of. I'm pretty sure Irene-unnie likes you. But to be sure, text Irene to come back around near night and hint about your confession."

"Okay but I don't see why I have to." Seulgi fishes out her phone to send Irene a text. 

To: My Friend :)

Can you come to my unit by like 9? I have to tell you something really important, it's about us. I'll be waiting. 

________________________________________________

 Irene recieved a text from Joy asking to meet .They met up in a small restaurant with Joy wearing face mask and sunglasses.

"You look funny wearing that." Irene comments making Joy look up from the menu. Irene sat on the seat across the model.

"I didn't actually think you'd come today." Joy says, making Irene look down in guilt. In all honestly she really didn't want to go because of what happened in that night where Joy confessed about their relationship. She still didn't know how to act around her.

"I did say to you that when you call me I'd go to you didn't I? And I realized that if I run away nothing can be solved, so I'm here now with you."

"I'm not sorry for telling you but I am sorry for not telling you from the start." 

"So what are we now? All I know is that you're my friend that gives me weird feelings. And I'm not gonna lie, but I think I might like you." Irene says honestly, hearing her last words Joy was already filled with hope, "Seulgi confessed to me and I'm going to give her an answer soon. And I'm going to give one to you as well."

"So you know I like you?" Joy gave out a sad laugh, guess even though she can model and act she really can't hide her true feelings.

"Yes and I'm happy. I'm glad and thankful that there's someone out there that likes me." Irene gave off a sincere smile. Joy wanted to comment that there so many people out there who liked her especially back in highschool and college but it didn't matter if she brought it up.

Joy's phone rang, the one in the phone was calling her for something urgent. She quickly apologizes to Irene and gives a kiss on her cheek.

"If Seulgi confessed that means she's serious. Well, I am too. I like you Irene, whether you're Joohyun or Irene......I'm sorry but can I ask you to give me your answer by tonight? I'll wait all night at my house for you, if you don't come that means it's a no but if you do come I'll be the happiest person alive."

And with that Joy left.

In reality Yeri had called Joy to ask her favor. It was so that Irene could finally make her decision. Irene will be asked by the two of them, to meet up and the person she goes to is the one she'll pick. She has about 4 hours till time.

_________________________________________________

Irene sat by a pond. A koi fish pond to be exact, it was located at the back of the restaurant  where she went to see Joy. Despite being afraid of water, Irene found staring at the water quite calming, with the fish swimming around she can find herself staring at it for hours and feel unbothered. That's why she has a fish tank at her place, she decided it was the first thing she'd get when she moved to Seoul and she was glad she did.

She was thinking about what Joy told her, she asked for an answer, the answer that Irene wants more than anyone else. But to figure things out you have to start from the being:

Joy was the girl that she met after winning a case against her only to find out that they're actually friends back in Daegu. She always found Joy very beautiful, she's seen photos of videos (who wouldn't she's famous). Then there's the memories that she had recalled by hanging out with her, the most memories she was able to restore was because of Joy and they were mostly happy memories, the ones that made her feel the need to go back in time. And the kiss...... She did feel something but was it the same feeling that Joy feels for her or less?

 

And Seulgi. The first friend (technically Taeyong and Jisung were the first people she met and became friends with but that doesn't matter right now) she made when she moved, although she didn't notice her and their talks were weird, she enjoyed them. Being with Seulgi made her go out more, be more active, and try new things. She could spend everyday with Seulgi and each day would be the best day ever. When Seulgi was happy, Irene was happy; when Seulgi was sad, Irene was too. And her kiss, it was different from Joy's but she doesn't know why or how.

Splash! A koi fish jumped and made a small splash against the water, ruining the calm water with ripples. Before she knew it, it was already 7 pm. Amazingly the restaurant didn't kick her out but that's not what matters, it's raining outside and she needs an answer. 

2 people

2 different areas

2 hearts

1 answer

An answer that Irene will give by tonight.

__________________________________________________

In Joy's house

Lazing around in her couch with Haetnim watching random videos that were playing in the tv, Joy was flipping through some old magazines. Looking at the big grandfather clock at the hallyway she sighs, she did say she'll wait all night. 

"Haetnim! You wanna eat already c'mon mommy is gonna cook you some food!" She stood up to go to the kitchen when she heard a knock. She immediately stopped walking and didn't move.Another knock was heard and she looked at her dog, "Do you think that's her?" She asks him, but of course all Haetnim could do was bark and that was enough for Joy to sprint to the door. She quickly fixed herself before opening the door.

_________________________________________________

At Seulgi's place

Seulgi and Yeri were studying about 3 hours and a half when Yeri feel asleep, Seulgi noticed the time and realized Irene has not come yet. She wondered if Irene even read her text, she was picking up all the books, notebooks, pencils, and papers scattered around. After she was done, she walked to Yeri who was sleeping on the table, time to wake her up.

Knock! Knock!

Seulgi stops from waking up the younger Bae and slowly walks to the door, with hopeful eyes and a hopeful heart. 

_________________________________________________

"Irene! You came." By the sound of the girl's voice, you could hear the sound of happiness, disbelief, and relief all at once.  

"Well you did say to come didn't you and what's about to happen tonight will be very important." Irene replies with a small smile, she gave a hug to the taller girl.

"Sorry if I took long to get here, I almost got lost coming here, which is weird since I should know the way by now.

Thank You for waiting, 

Sooyoung-ah."

__________________________________________________

Welp there it is (O3O), don't worry everything will be explained in the next chapter. 

Sorry for my mistakes and errors, reminder that I'm a newbie writer and am not fully skilled at writing.

Pls upvote, comment, and subscribe if you want :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAE JOOHYUN!!!!

Although it was yesterday, I'm so happy that I joined the reveluv fandom and have Irene as my bias. I hope the best for them and for her! She deserved everything in this world! BTW did you all see the video of Irene singing Candy by herself?! Because omg its beautiful, SM should really give her a STATION. I also wanna share my opinion on something about red velvet:

I don't think that any of them should have a SOLO. It's not that they're not talented or they won't do good, it's just i think they work better as a group and it doesn't seem like the time for them have solo's because many people wish for one of them to go solo. I prefer for there to be sub-units instead because the chemistry and teamwork they have is unique and extraordinary. But if they do have a solo i'd of course support them to the max! 

thanks for reading my opinion and i wanna know yours too :)

PS continue streaming Yeri's Dear Diary!!!! <3