Questions

Elevator Girl

Irene's Room

Irene was lying down in her bed shuffling and moving around under her blanket till she couldn't go back to sleep anymore. It's 4 am and she's    awake. Well that's because she woke up with a nightmare which lead to a headache, she gets these from time to time, nightmare and right after a headache but no matter how much she gets it she never gets used to them. Not to mention she could never seem to remember what she had a nightnare of.

With no choice she got up from her bed and heads to the kitchen to grab some pain killers to ease her headache. But after 20 minutes it's still there to give her a hard time, it was like a throbbing and pounding pain that kept going against her brain. Lying down wouldn't help so she got back up to get a new set of clean pajamas that just came out of the laundry.

Irene, the perfect housewife, would clean, cook and wash, she could do anything. What she loves the most is doing the laundry and ironing the clothes, she loves the feeling of clean and fresh clothes, not to mention the good smell that came with it.

After changing into an oversized pajama she went immediately back to her bed with the smell of lavender and vanilla coating her. With the smell Irene was able to calm her mind by abit, but that bit was enough to help her go back to sleep.

 

-BACK TO SEULGI-

'Really, I need to stop waking up so late. What's the use of an alarm clock if it doesn't even wake you up??'

Seulgi blames the clock even though she herself knows that it's her fault for waking up late and rushes to get ready for her 'date' with Irene. Hang out was too much words to say so Seulgi decided to go with either friends get together or date; but then again get together is another long word. So, heck, date it is but ofcourse she won't say it out loud to Irene.

This time she takes the stairs because she knew that waiting for elevator would take too long, but after 6 flight of stairs she realized that that it was a huge mistake. As much as Seulgi thinks she's athletic, she isn't; therfore, she cannot continue this. Why did Irene have to live in such a high floor? This building has atleast 40 floors and she just had to get the 34th.

At the 24th floor she decides to just wait for the elevator, and when it arrives she's happy to see that there wasn't anyone inside.'Why didn't I do this earlier?" It's a Sunday today and most people would want to stay inside their rooms and sleep and spend the rest if the day resting. But Seulgi doesn't mind elevators though, Velvet Suites have very nice elevators. There's 2 elevators and each is not so big and not so small,  it could fit like 7-8 people with still enough space for them to move. It had red walls with a carpet and soft feeling to them, and the best thing: it had music. The music would mostly play melodic songs, songs that would make you want to tap your foot or bob or sway your head. It was never boring inside the elevator plus meeting up with people was a bonus. 

Once arriving on the 34th floor with the time of 8:58, Seulgi goes back to the familiar door she saw yesterday and knocks on it.

*knock* *knock*

"Whose there?" Replied a voice on the other side of the door.

Seulgi couldn't tell if Irene was joking or was actually wondering who was at her door. 'Doesn't she remember that we're meeting up? Is she angry that I'm late?'

Seulgi was about to reply with a knock knock joke but as the door opens Seulgi becomes speechless. Because on the other side of the door was Irene. Irene in oversized pajamas, with her hair down and messy, no glasses, and a drowsy look on her face. And Seulgi thought that Irene looked more beautiful, so precious and so innocent. And she felt heat rise up to her face.

"U-umm, good morning Irene. I'm sorry did I wake you?" Seulgi says while stuttering.

~yawn~ " Good morning Seulgi.......Seulgi.......seulgi?" she says staring at the said girl for awhile suddenly Irene's eyes widened and she quickly closed the door lightly, even in shock she didn't want to slam the door because it was rude.

"Ahhh, sorry Seulgi!  I just-uh forgot the time and ummm" shuffling sounds were heard inside the room making Seulgi curious. But the door opens to reveal Irene again but with her glasses on and her hair fixed but still down.

"I'm sorry for that, I should have payed more attention to the time. I hope you didn't wake up so early and waited for me. You can come inside, did you already eat?" Irene asks while making way for Seulgi to enter.

When she does she is amazed by what she sees. "How cou​​​​​ld a room look so nice and neat?!?!"   Because inside was a room not bigger than her own but big enough to put furniture around. There stood a couch, a bookshelf, a TV, and a fishtank on top of a table, not to mention all the little plants that was placed somewhere in the corner or side of the room to brighten up even more the apartment.  Irene heads her way to her bedroom which was to the right as she hears her say to sit on the couch and wait till she changes and cooks her breakfast.

Following the orders, Seulgi sits on the couch and takes in the smell of the room. It was a clean and fresh smell which had the aroma of flowers which made Seulgi want to live here or have the smell transfer to her room instead. And looks outside the window, one side of the wall was just full on glass and you could see the city of Seoul and its beauty making Seulgi look out awestruck. Her thoughts snap out when she hears the sound of something sizzling and cooking and turns her head to the kitchen which showed Irene in the same sweater as yesterday and her hair tied up.

They eat together, talking only a little bit, and Irene washes their dishes after. She asks Seulgi to wait outside her room as she gets her stuff and together they both think 'This is awkward, I must change the atmosphere!" Irene locks her apartment and together they both leave for the elevator. They were thinking on what conversation to start with and before Irene could start Seulgi beats her to it.

"Irene-unnie, lets start over. Let's have a fresh start and introduce ourselves properly. Let me start. Hi, I'm Kang Seulgi, 23 yr old Law student. Nice to meet you." Seulgi states with a bow and later  puts her hand out for Irene to hold and a smile on her lips.

"Mhmmm ok, but I don't mind the way we met. Hi, I'm Bae Irene, 26 yr old Game Developer. Nice to meet you too Kang Seulgi." She says while shaking Seulgi's hand.

And together they leave the building talking happily with their hands intertwined. They decided to walk around the park before going to the mall. And while they were doing so Seulgi thought of way to get to know Irene.

"How about we ask questions to each other and when one can't answer you get a punishment."

"Why can't we just normally ask questions?"

"Because this is way funner! I'll start, Irene-unnie  what is your grade?" 

"It's more fun actually." She corrects the younger girl. "And I already graduated. I'm working already." 

"No I meant your eye grade, since your a game developer I imagine you ending up staring at the screen for too long that it ruined your eyesight."

"Ohh. For your information I take very good care of my eyes, here I'll let you wear it." She says, not answering her question, as she removes her circular glasses and puts it onto Seulgi's face. But Seulgi didn't even notice she was wearing the glasses because she was busy staring at the eyes of Irene.

(Little did she know that Irene was also looking at Seulgi,  admiring her beauty with glasses on.)

Irene's eyes were brown and it looked so captivating. Her gaze makes Seulgi feel like she could get lost in them and she wouldn't mind not leaving. She could stare at them for hours if it weren't such a weird thing to do. But she heard Irene called her name, and noticed she was seeing through the glasses and trys to see her surroundings to see if anything has changed.

"Ummmm.... I see no difference."

"Do you know why?" She asks

"I don't know maybe I have bad eyesight as well?"

"Aink! Wrong, these are fake glasses, I told you I take good care of my eyes." Irene makes an X mark with her hands. "Since you didn't answer my question you get a punishment."

"B-but I answered your question." Seulgi says dumbfounded, 'How could I get a punishment already in just the second question?"

"You did, but you didn't answer correctly; I decided to change the rules." Irene chuckles to herself. "I'll give your punishment later I still have to think about it."

"This isn't fair, you didn't tell me the new rule." For some reason Seulgi doesn't fight the fact that she 'failed' and accepts that she has a punishment already.

"Well you already made the game, I wanted to add on, and besides now you know the rules."

"How about we change it to a guessing game instead?" 

"Mhmm, fine" irene replied, she liked to tease Seulgi even if she knew so little of her. Her reactions are funny.

"What's my favorite color?" Seulgi asks

With that Irene giggles "You want to win that badly? Come on don't ask such questions we'll find those normally. Ask questions that can make me know what kind of person you are."

"Fine." And with that they continued their game even as they went to eat lunch. They were able to learn some things about each other.

Seulgi learned that Irene was a laundry fairy, who loves the color purple, isn't afraid of horror but infact a fan of it, loves ironing, dislikes chicken, and that she lived in Daegu before moving her in Seoul.

Irene learned that Seulgi was held back a year due to many absents, loves singing, is trying to be independent so that's why she's living alone, she stayed in Velvet Suites for 4 yrs, and that she couldn't live without sleep or pringles. When Irene asked which she would rather live without Seulgi gave a horrified expression which told Irene that 'How could you even say that?!'

They stopped by the supermarket so that Irene could by some Fabric Softener, she would recommend some to Seulgi and make her smell some but instead of giving the bottle to Seulgi she had asked Seulgi to come to her. Seulgi could barely focus on the smell when she was so close to Irene and all she could smell was her sweet scent. She smelled even better than her room. No wonder why she doesn't change sweaters, they smell like they haven't been used at all.

But before they could pay Irene stopped by the milk section and got 3 cartons of milk. And she told Seulgi "You owe me milk so you're paying for these."

Seulgi had no choice but to comply after all she did promise to buy for her. And together they left the supermarket and went back to the suites with groceries on their hands and their arms linked. Irene was the one who initiated the skinship and Seulgi didn't mind, thinking that maybe Irene does this to her friends as well.

 

"I want to ask you, why do you wear glasses even though your eyesight isn't bad?"

​​​​​​"I like glasses, I feel kinda ugly without them. Glasses keep me from staring too long, I like to stare at things i find beautiful, without them I could stare off into something and take a long time to go back to my senses. But with glasses there's the reflection of light and dirt that makes me distracted and stops my staring." And with a whisper she added

"It makes feel safe and myself, makes feel like a different person."

"But I don't think you're ugly, with or without glasses you're very beautiful. Don't think so negative about yourself, you're one the prettiest people I've met." But when silence was heard she said "I hope one day you get to stare at me so I'd know that you find me beautiful" she joked but a question formed in Seulgi's mind 'How could you be yourself yet feel like a different person? That doesn't add up right.'

And with those words Irene had a pink tint across her face, and she looked away from Seulgi fixing her glasses before saying thank you to her. And whispers once again and Seulgi still hears her words loud and clear

"I already find you beautiful."

 

*Ding*

There were only a few people inside the elevator as Irene and Seulgi enter but Irene becomes quiet once they were inside and Seulgi remembered Irene-unnie is shy. So she decides to be the one to start a conversation.

"Guess we're going to see each other only at 7:30 each night?"

"Hmmm yeah, thanks for today by the way it was really fun, I enjoyed it." Her voice was quiet

But luckily there was no one left once they reached the 12th floor which Irene finally talked louder.

"Guess how much I enjoyed our friend date? Rate it." Seulgi made sure to have the word friend so the date wouldn't sound so weird. Irene didn't even hear the date part because she smiled to herself when she heard the word friend. Irene didn't have much of those so hearing it from Seulgi really made her happy. 

"On a scale from 1-10, I'd say you enjoyed it by a 9."

"Aink wrong!" She imitates Irene by doing an X with her arms, "From 1-10 I enjoyed it by 11. You got wrong so you get a punishment."

Irene waits for Seulgi to say something or tell her what she had to do but she stunned to see Seulgi move forward towards her and take off her glasses.

"As I said I find you beautiful with and without glasses, I find your eyes really pretty too. And I'm gonna take a picture ok?" But Irene doesn't reply as she is red as a tomato with the compliment that she couldn't even smile for the camera. But to Seulgi she was still pretty even if her face showed a very dumb-founded look.

*Ding*

Seulgi returns the glasses by putting it back herself being careful and successfully places it on Irene's face. She leaves the elevator only to find out Irene had followed her and Irene links their arms again and together they walk in silence to Seulgi's apartment.

"Now I know what your room number is. And I have punishment for you as well give me your phone." Irene says as they arrive in front of Seulgi's door

Without hesitation Seulgi hands her phone. Irene immediately types something down and gives it back to Seulgi before walking away and waving a good bye saying "See you tomorrow night". Seulgi stays outside her room until she hears a distant sound telling her that the elevator already left. She looks up at her phone and smiles at what she sees

 

A new contact was added:

​​​​​Irene, your friend

 

Seulgi studies for abit and finishes her homework. She gets ready for bed but reaches for her phone and sends a quick text

(SEULGI is Bold while IRENE is Italicized)

Why did you add 'your friend' at the end?

Cuz I'm your friend aren't I? :/

Haha, yup you are. Im actually amazed the your friend was able to fit in the name

Me 2 but it just proves that I really am :P Goodnight and go to sleep

Goodnight unnie

 

But Seulgi doesn't sleep yet instead she goes to the contact list and starts typing down something and is happy that it fits.

 

Irene, your friend :)

Rename?

Yes       Cancel

She pressing  on her phone

Yes

___________________________________________

Sorry for the wait, I was actually supposed to post this yesterday but I wasn't able to save it and my page got reloaded and the it was gone so I had to restart.

Anyways I hope u enjoy and sorry for my errors.

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KANG SEULGI FEB 10!!!