Got a Date?

Elevator Girl

"I did it!"

Seulgi says as she sits beside Wendy, their class will be starting soon and they have a test so Wendy hopes whatever she's saying is quick.

"Did what?"

"I've finally got a date!"

Screw studying.

"Whaaat?!" Wendy dropped the book she was reading and turned all her attention to her best friend who looked so happy.

"You've got a date? With Irene-unnie?"

"What? No."

"You got a date, whose not your crush, and you're happy?"

"What are you saying? I meant I finally got the date where me and Irene are free. I'm planning for our meet up."

Smack!

Seulgi was hit right on the head with the nearest thing Wendy could find, sadly it was the book she was reading which had like 200+ pages. 

"Aishh! You really got me confused and did you have to say it like that? You had months. Months Seulgi. And you've only got the date planned?"

"Better something than nothing. Don't worry I'm going to see Irene later after her works over and ask her as we walk home."

But before the conversation could go on the professor went inside and everyone scattered to their areas. 

"Good luck." Wendy whispered.

"Thanks, I'll need it."

"Not for later, you fool! I meant the test, they said this is worth 30% of our grades."

Seulgi gulped, it's not like she didn't study it's just her mind is not fully focused on it at the moment. But luckily Seulgi is naturally smart so she's not afraid of what's to come.

_________________

"Ummm.... Is she supposed to be like that?"

Irene's co-workers were staring at Irene whose head was flat on the table. Irene was busy looking at he computer for hours and suddenly her eyes widen and she slammed her face on her desk.

"Must be the bugs. They're spreading around like viruses."

Fortunately for Irene they didn't probe further about her current state. Because right not she's in confusion and in shock. All because she searched a question on Google.

What does it mean if your best friend kisses you?

Because this works for both people who did this to her. Seulgi, her current best friend since she moved in Seoul, and Joy who was her best friend back in Daegu. And what she got was:

He/She is developing feelings for you.

At first Irene didn't believe but there's a thin line between love and friendship, Joy is purposely crossing the line for that one, for Seulgi she doesn't know. Best friends don't really kiss on lips so is there a meaning behind it?

She thought about it and wondered if they both liked her. Not that she's conceited or vain, thinking that she can get Seulgi and Joy to like her, it's just a what if. Does she like them back? Will she be with one of them?

That's the scary thing about loving someone, when you confess it's either a yes or no. If yes lucky you. If no, you have two choices: stay friends or not. Irene's doesn't want to lose her friends after all each and everyone single one is important.

Irene thought if she did like them, her heart flutters with both of them, she's feel shy around them, and she happiest with them. So how does she know if she likes them? Thinking about this too much is tiring her brain.

______________

After Irene's work hours she finally gets to go home. She stretched her arms as she walks down the stairs. And she sees Seulgi standing there.

"Seulgi? What are you doing here?"

"Well class ended a bit early and I decided to stop by. Let's walk home?"

Irene didn't need to give an answer because she walked right beside Seulgi and linked their arms before heading straight back to Velvet Suites. Seulgi talked about their test that morning describing it as a piece of cake. Irene listened as Seulgi tells about her day, she can never get bored of hearing Seulgi talk.

"Did you know vending machines kill 4 times as many people as sharks do in a year?" Seulgi says.

"That's a weird thing to say suddenly and that's actually quite scary." 

"I know right? I think I'm more scared to go to a vending machine now than swimming in the ocean."

"Hahaha, dont worry I won't let you get hurt by them. Oh hey look! A vending machine!" Irene stops to point at a vending machine selling drinks.

"Ash! You killing machine, let's run!" Seulgi ends up walking faster.

"What made you say this?"

"My hand got stuck in one this afternoon and Wendy told me about the killing thing and it scared me." You could hear Irene's laughter echoing through the streets.

They were going to cross the road when Irene received a message.

Fr: Joy :)

​​​​​​Can you come to xxx cafe? I'll see u there soon.

"Seul? I'm sorry but you can go ahead without me, I'm just going to go to xxx cafe for awhile. To meet up with someone." Irene excuses herself but before she can leave Seulgi hold her arm making Irene turn her head.

"Yeah?" Irene asks but she received no response, "I'm gonna go... See ya!"

But as she takes a few steps she pulled by the wrist, she turns her head to see Seulgi staring at the floor. "Are you okay?" Seulgi shakes her head. "Okay... But I have to go so you can go back."

10 steps Irene took before Seulgi held her hand and stopped her. Irene faced Seulgi and said, "At this rate you're going to break my neck."

Seulgi couldn't help it, she never asked anyone out before, well she did to like hang out, but not like this. It's like she'd asking Irene on a date, which she kinda is, after all she's going to confess on that day so it has to be special. 

"Are you free this Saturday?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Great! Keep it that way. I'm going to bring you somewhere! Thanks Irene, bye!" Seulgi shook Irene's hand in excitement before running across the street. 

"Yah! Be careful!" Irene shouts before she takes out her phone and puts a plan on her calendar.

Date with Seulgi

___________

"Hey, you're finally here." Irene says as Joy did across her. She orders a hot chocolate before turning her full attention to older girl.

"Sorry, the photoshoot took longer than expected." 

"So why'd you call for me?" 

Joy didn't answer right away, she's too busy thinking of what proper words to say. To be honest, she was also planning on asking Irene out, it's been months and she's noticed Seulgi hasn't made a move yet so she thought this could be her chance. But she had to come clean first.

"What would you do if I told you I'm not really who you think I am?" Joy starts and plays with Irene's fingers as a distraction. 

"What are you saying?"

"I'm not really honest with you about our relationship before."

"Why? We're you lying about it? Were we not really friends?!" Irene didn't want to think that Joy was lying to her. She already faced alot ofslot of people saying that they were 'friends' with her only to find them lying to her.

"No! Nonononono! That's not what I meant. I'm not saying we were anything less." Joy shook her hands in fear when hearing Irene's raised voice.

"Then what are you saying?"

"That we were something more..." It was now or never for Joy, Irene had to hear it. "We were together, like dating, before you lost your memory."

.

.

.

"Oh..." Was the response. Well that proves what Irene was thinking at work, one best friend does like her and apparently she liked her back before. But what about now?

"Are you shocked?"

"A bit. I don't know how to react. And I have so many questions." Irene's head starts to spin.

 

"Don't." Joohyun's hugs Sooyoung before she could walk away. She didn't care if everyone in school could see what's happening, she didn't want the taller girl to leave.

"Don't what?" 

"Don't go with him. Don't go with Sungjae." Joohyun's is hugging the girl tighter, scared that she might disappear from her grasp.

"And why shouldn't I? He asked me out. You can't stop me Joohyun." Joohyun turns Sooyoung around so that she faces her, she goes on her tiptoes and kisses her.

"Because you're mine." Joohyun whispers.

​​​​​​Sooyoung ends up laughing while holding Joohyun, "Really? It takes jealousy to make you confess to me?" 

"Shut up."

_____________

"I don't get it? What's so hard?"

"This! Everything! Nothing good will come out of this."

"I thought you loved me...... Meet me at the bridge, I'll be waiting for you."

​​​​​​A figure of a girl was seen running away from a house and heading towards the opposite direction to where a bridge was located.

 

"Irene?" Joy kept calling the girl's name but she wasn't responding. Irene put her hands to her head as she recalls bits of her memories.

"I was jealous of you being with someone else. That's how I confessed." Irene states what she remembers even though her head is hurting right now. 

"Yeah but are you okay?" Joy moves forward to touch Irene and help her but Irene moved back.

"B-but we broke up? Why? What happened? I remember leaving and crying." Tears started rolling her cheeks. "Huh? Why am I crying?" Irene moved her finger to touch the small wet tears.

"I'm sorry it's all my fault that you're like this." Joy felt like crying as well.

"Thank you for inviting me over but I have to go." Irene stands up to leave but Joy stops her.

"I know your confused. You've been confused for the past 3 years but I promise everything will slowly clear up. Please.... Meet me this Saturday." 

"I can't..... I'm going with Seulgi that day. I-i got to go. See you Joy." And with Irene left. She walked quickly to wherever her feet led her and when she finally notices her destination, it was a small bridge. 

"Did I really jump from one of these things?" Irene asks herself before she was left staring down at he water beneath her. It looked so inviting, where she could just jump in and nothing could disturb, the water looked so calm.

"Irene?"

Her head snapped to the voice that called her name, it was Wendy. "What are you doing her unnie?"

"Uhh... Nothing just walking around." Irene replies as she steps away from the ledge.

"Well walk back home because it's really late right now and it's not safe to be here alone." Wendy says as she pulls Irene along as she walks. "Seulgi texted me saying you weren't back yet. She said that you walked back together but you had to leave."

"Oh, that's because I had to meet someone. When I was done I decided to get some fresh air."

"I'm pretty sure the air from a 30th floor is fresher than the ones down here. C'mon let's get you home. I'm pretty sure Seulgi's worried."

___________

Saturday

"Where am I taking you?" Irene asks as she drives through streets and roads she doesn't know. Seulgi is busy humming to the songs playing on the radio.

"Just a bit further and you'll see."

"Well wherever we're going there seems to be a lot of people wanting to go there to." They continue driving until Irene sees a build attraction.

"Lotte World?!" Irene says in disbief.

"Yeah, you haven't been here before right? I want you to have fun with me while we're here. We deserve a mini vacation."

Seulgi gave her smile and Irene thought this isn't such a bad idea. A place where you can just walk around and enjoy rides and games? Why not? If it's with Seulgi it's obviously going to be fun here.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

Happy belated birthday to Kang Seulgi!!!!! I was supposed to post this yesterday but sadly some things came up and I had to cram them till late at night. 

Next chapter will be a Seulrene and hopefully something big happens :)) if the story is prgresingpr slowly please forgive me, I'm not the fastest person to write or update.

Pls forgive my mistakes and pls comment, subscribe or upvote if you like :)

 

FUN FACT:

The close button in an elevator is actually a “placebo” button, made to give passengers the illusion of control in their elevator journey. Since the 1990’s elevator manufacturers have removed the close function on most elevators since they close automatically.