Why This Happened

Elevator Girl

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I've decided to change the ages of the characters, this is to make the relationships easier.

Irene: 26                  Wendy: 24            Yeri: 18

Seulgi: 24                Joy: 23

___________________________________________________

A little girl was skipping towards her door while holding her mother's hand, it was after class and her mother came to pick her up. They arrived at their house and the little girl couldn't wait to tell her father what happened at school. When they entered their home, the girl ran straight up to her father's study room while her mom just laughs at her daughter's antics.

"Appa! Appa!" 

The dad looked up from some papers he was reading and saw his daughter running in, he stopped whatever he was doing and kneeled down to the floor and hugged his daughter.

"How was school today?" He asks her.

"It was great! Today I got the perfect score in our test, I was the highest in our class! The teacher even gave me a star." She points at the star sticker attached to her chest, she smiles and laughs as her father brings her up and spins her around.

"Wow! My daughter is amazing!" He puts her back down and pats her head with affection.

"Can you do that again, appa?" 

He looks at her confused before understanding what she meant, "Aigoo, my Joohyunie is so cute!" He pats her head again making Joohyun smile even wider. "Continue the good work okay? So that you make omma and appa happy." She nods her head in reply

"Thank you, now excuse me because I have to continue working. Let's go to the ice cream parlor at the weekend with omma to celebrate." Joohyun cheers as her father has to get back to work, her mother called her to eat some snack downstairs. Joohyun then promises herself, to be the best daughter ever, meaning she has to get good grades and be the best in class so that her parents could be happy. And so that she could have her father pat her in the head again.

Bae Joohyun was born with a silver spoon in , with her parents as CEOs of Bae Enterprises, she could have anything she wanted. But the only thing she wanted was to make her parents happy and proud. It was hard though, you see as Joohyun grew older she noticed that her parents spent less time with each other and less time with her. She thought that maybe they were just busy so she didn't worry that much, she was only a kid after all.

When she was 7 years old her mother told her someone new was coming into her family.

"Really?! Who is it?"

"Joohyun, you're going to be an older sister now." Mrs. Bae tells her daughter that she was having a baby and that baby will be her younger sister. Joohyun was so happy, she brought her ear close to her mom's still flat belly and said, "Hi little brother or sister! I'm Joohyun and I can't wait for you to join us." Her mother giggles as she watches her daughter talk to the baby.

When Yerim was born Joohyun was the happiest. She believed that Yerim was the bundle of joy needed in the family, to bring them closer again. Yerim was only months when her parents started shouting and having fights, Joohyun would try to quiet the crying Yerim in her arms while trying not cry herself. 

"Shhhh, it's okay. Unnie will take care of you, you don't need to cry." Joohyun sings in a lullaby while her parents are fighting again downstairs. When Yerim finally fell asleep she whispers to her sister evn though she doesn't understand her yet, "I promise you that I will protect you forever. No one will hurt you, not even dad and mom."

When Yerim was already old enough for kindergarten it was Joohyun who prepared her food and uniform, it was also Joohyun who dropped Yerim off and picked her up. Even at a young age, she already started looking out for her sister.

_____________

 Years went by and it was one of those days where Joohyun was sitting alone in the classroom after class, she'd wait until Yerim was done with school first before going home (her classes always ended early). She was crying from everything that was heppening within her family, she doesn't understand how this all began, they were such a happy family, isn't Yerim a proof of that? 

"Why are you crying?" A little voice asks, she looks up to see a girl younger than her looking at with a bored expression.

Joohyun wipes her tears, "The question is why are you here? This isn't your classroom." She says with a stern voice.

"I could hear you crying from outside so I checked who was making the awful noise." That wasn't true actually, the young girl was just walking around looking at classrooms and happened to stop by the classroom Joohyun was in.

The older girl was getting annoyed, Is this what you say to someone who was crying?, she rolled her eyes, "I'm older than you, you can't talk to me that way."

"I can talk however I want." The girl replies

"What's your name?" Joohyun says with annoyance, she was crying a while ago and now this girl is pissing her off.

"Park Sooyoung. I may be younger than you but that doesn't mean I'll follow what you say." Sooyoung sticks her tongue out, "Bleh." With that Sooyoung walks out if the classroom leaving an angry Joohyun.

"Younger kids are so annoying... Except Yerim. Yerim is the only nice kid in this world, that reminds me it's almost time to pick her up." Joohyun stands up and gathers her things, when she went outside she almost bumped into someone.

Sooyoung was standing outside with a lollipop in her hand, "Here, since you were crying I thought maybe you'd want something sweet to cheer you up." She hands Joohyun the lollipop and runs away, Joohyun just stood there confused before heading out to pick up Yerim.

"Yerim-ah!" Joohyun calls out her younger sister and smiles when she sees her running towards her direction, she kneels down to give the kids a hug. "Look what unnie got you." She takes out the lollipop that was just given to her and hands it to the excited Yerim. 

"Thank you unnie!" 

"Now let's go home." They walk hand in hand towards their home, they didn't bother riding a car because they liked it better to walk home, it delays then from having to go to the house that they have to call home.

____________

"What are you doing here?" Joohyun glares at the person who just sat beside her.

"What does it look like I'm doing here? I'm studying of course." Sooyoung says while not looking at the older girl, Joohyun peeks at the book she was reading and just sighs when she sees that Sooyoung was just using the book to cover her phone. She was just pretending to study.

"Don't you have friends to go to?" Joohyun says.

"Don't you?" Was the response she received. Joohyun wanted to refute back but she had nothing to counter with, she didn't hang out with friends, she thought having those would distract her from her studies. Besides, she only needs Yerim.

Instead Joohyun closed her book and stood up to find another spot to study in the library, she looked back and was happy to see that the younger girl wasn't following her. She continued studying until it was time to pick up her younger sister. When she arrives at Yerim's school she was shocked to see Sooyoung playing with Yerim at the playground. 

"Yah! What are you doing here?! Are you following me?" She stomped towards them and pulled her sister away from her.

"Unnie, why did you do that? I wanna play more with Sooyoung-unnie." Little Yerim removed Joohyun's grasp from her hand and ran back to hug Sooyoung. She pulled the taller girl to the playground.

Joohyun could feel a vain pop, '​​​​​​This girl is starting to get on my nerves, when did Yerim know her?' She followed the two and just watched them until she heard Sooyoung call her, "Unnie! Come here and play with us!"

Joohyun sighed and since that annoying girl called her unnie she went to play with them. After 30 minutes of playing the two sisters have to go home, "Already? Can we please play a bit more?" Yerim asks as she swings up and down with Sooyoung pushing her.

"I'm sorry but we have to go... How about we buy ice cream on the way home?" Joohyun knows that the trick will work. Yerim's eyes lit up hearing the words ice cream and nodded her head eagerly, "Can Sooyoung-unnie come too?"

"Sure, that's if she wants to come with us."

"I'll go." Sooyoung smiles and holds Yerim's small hand while Joohyun held the other. Together they walked to the ice cream parlor near their house. When they entered the store Joohyun told the younger girls to sit down while she orders for them, "You don't have too worry about paying me back, this is a thank you for playing with Yerim today."

So Sooyoung say down with Yerim while Joohyun went to order for them, "Does your unnie always fetch you everyday?"

"Yes, unnie comes to drop me off and pick me up at school everyday, after that she brings me to a playground or park or even eat out! Unnie is jjang! I love Joohyun-unnie!"

"How much do you love your unnie?"

Yerim opened her arms,"I love her this much!"

The older girl decided to tease the younger, "Really? That's too small."

Yerim tried again and tries to stretch her arms wider, "I love her thissss much!" She almost falls down trying to show how big she loved her sister.

"Well I can love your unnie this much." Sooyoung opened her arms bigger than the smaller girl could. Yerim huffs and headbutts the older girl's stomach, Sooyoung laughs although her stomach hurts.

"What are you guys doing?" Joohyun comes back with a tray of ice cream: vanilla for Yeri, chocolate for Sooyoung, and red bean paste for herself.

"I love you more than Sooyoung-unnie!" Was what Yerim said when she saw her sister making Joohyun look at her confused.

"Of course you do." The older Bae smiles and seats across the two and gives them their ice creams. They ended up at chatting for a long time until it was time for them to go home. Before they seperated ways Yerim tugged Sooyoung's hand.

"You'll hang out with us again right?" Yerim had big hopeful eyes staring at Sooyoung that the older girl just couldn't say no to but she had to see if the older Bae allowed it first. Sooyoumg wasn't the only one who saw Yerim's puppy eyes, Joohyun didn't want to break her sister's heart so she nodded making Sooyoung smile.

"Of course, I'll always hang out with Yerim. But if I continue hanging out with you watch out... Because I'm going to love your sister more than you." She whispered the last part so that only the younger girl could hear, she just wanted to .

"That's never going to happen besides unnie will always pick me!" Yerim punched Sooyoung's stomach before going back to her sister who watched their weird interaction. 

"Bye Sooyoung-unnie!" Yerim yelled while Joohyun waved bye. The two sisters walked back to their house and by the time they arrived their parents were already home. Joohyun moved Yerim behind her before they stepped inside.

"Good even-"

"Why are you back so late?!" Mrs. Bae interrupted her, "Don't you know how scary it is to walk by yourselves at this hour? What if something bad happened to you?" Although Mrs. Bae has her shortcomings and fights with her husband, she still cares for her daughters who she brought to this world. 

Yerim stopped hiding behind Joohyun and ran to hug her mother, Joohyun went to kiss her cheek as a form of saying hi. "Sorry, we were enjoying ourselves after Yerim's classes that we forgot the time. Yerim made a new friend, didn't you?"

Yerim's eyes sparkled she immediately started talking about the new girl that played with her, their mother watched happily as she listened to her youngest's story, removing any trace of worry and anger in her face. When the little one finished her story it was already time for dinner.

"Wash up before you eat, Joohyun be a dear and accompany your sister." 

"Yes~!" Joohyun carries Yerim onto her back and walks up the stairs. The two sisters giggles fill the mansion, lightening up the atmosphere.

____________

The Bae sisters met up with Sooyoung every day after Yerim's classes have ended, they'd do anything together. Sooyoung even started talking and hanging out with Joohyun despite them being in different grades, the didn't matter to them. It's already been a year since they got to know each other.

The three we're hanging out in the park underneath a tree, Yerim was chasing after a butterfly while the older two just watched and sat by the bark of the tree.

"As much as I love that you're spending time with us... I don't know if it may sound rude but don't you have any friends to go to?" Joohyun was looking at the younger girl for a response and after 3 seconds she panicked.

"I-I'm not saying you don't have any friends! It's just that you already hang out with us alot after school and you even spend your school break hours with me. I'm scared that we may be taking your time away from your friends. You don't have to feel obliged to be with us everyday, it's fi-"

Joohyun was interrupted by Sooyoung's laugh, Joohyun stopped talking and stared at her confused, was something she said funny?

'Oh no, what if she's laughing because I misunderstood everything?! Aish! I shouldn't have said anything!!!'

But it was as if Sooyoung could read her mind, "N-n-no it's not that. It's just you started to talk really fast it was if you were rapping." Sooyoung continued to laugh until she wiped a tear of her eye (as if it was that funny), "Thank you, I can tell that you're worried about me but it's fine. I likd hanging out with you and Yerim, you're not stopping me from doing anything else. I chose to be with you guys."

Sooyoung gave off her gummy smile which Joohyun would always find annoyingly beautiful. Annoying because it would make her stomach do backflips and her heart jump. Was she supposed to be feeling like this? At this age? For a girl?

Joohyun wanted to wipe the smile off her face before she she turns red and gets all flustered so she punched Sooyoung's arm. "You didn't have to laugh at me!"

"I'm sorry unnie~" That's a thing Joohyun noticed, Sooyoung only called her unnie when she wanted something. She never called her unnie just Joohyun but for some reason this doesn't bother her. Their moment was interrupted when Yerim ran to hug Sooyoung.

"Oof!" Sooyoung fell on her back.

"Yerim why don't you hug me?" Joohyun asks while pouting.

"Because I always hug unnie, I wanna hug Sooyoung-unnie now." Yeri stuck her tongue out at her sister, a habit she always does to tease someone.

Joohyun glared at Sooyoung, "This is all your fault! You're stealing Yerim from me!" This time Joohyun tackled the girl with Yerim under her. So the two were piled up on poor Sooyoung.

They stayed like that for a moment until they all errupted with laughter, they got off Sooyoung and apologized. Joohyun never really had a friend in school so it was really nice having Sooyoung with them. 

"Let's give nicknames to each other!" Sooyoung suddenly said gaining the attention of the two girls. Yerim bounced on Sooyoung's lap, "Me! Me! Mine first!"

Sooyoung thought for a while, "You're name will be Yeri!"

.

.

.

"Lameeee~" Both Joohyun and Yeri said at the same time. 

Sooyoung made an awkward chuckle, "Hey making names can be hard. Fine I'll change it to uhhhh-"

"Nope! It's fine Yeri is a nice name, don't you agree Yeri?" Joohyun smiles at her sister and Yeri nodded. "Even if you did just remove a letter."

"Whatever." Sooyoung waves her hand in the air before thinking again... "Irene."

Irene looked at her confused, "What?"

"Irene. That's what I'm gonna call you from now on, it means peace. So you're name is Irene because you fill my life with peace...." Sooyoung stopped talking when she heard what she said, it's sounds so cringey! 

"Irene.... I like it." Irene smiled softly, "But why an English name?"

"Because... I don't know! Make one for me then if I'm so bad at it." The grumpy girl crossed her arms waiting for hers.

"I never said you were bad at it." Irene giggles, "Then your name will be Joy. Because you brought joy to my life." Both Irene and Joy were blushing, are they too young to be acting this way? Irene will be in highschool next year while Joy is still at middle school.

Yeri who was watching the two look like tomatoes decided to break the atmosphere, "I like both your names! Can my name be Katie?"

"What's wrong with Yeri? You said you liked it?" Joy asked.

"Both of you have English names, why can't I have one?"

"Because you're special. You can keep Katie but we're going to call you Yeri from now on. And only us can call each other's these!" Joohyun said and then opened her arms. The three got together for a group hug.

It was almost time to go home for the Bae sisters but they didn't want to leave yet, well more like they didn't want to leave Joy. That's when Irene had an idea. Since they always met up outside like in parks, malls, or even at school, Irene wanted something different.

"Hey... You wanna go to our house?"

Joy's head went up and looked at the older girl, "Really? Can I?"

"Of course, you've been with us for a while already. I think you've earned the right to go to our house. C'mon Yeri's getting sleepy." Irene was about to piggyback ride the sleeping girl but Joy stopped her and did it herself. 

"It's okay I can do it." Instead Joy held out her hand for Irene to take, thus the two, hand in hand, walked to the Bae Mansion.

_________

They had eaten dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Bae, fortunately for them the parents were in a good moving and they didn't have to witness any fighting. Shockingly, especially to Irene, her father kept striking up conversations to Joy. He seemed really happy to know that his daughters have brought someone home. He even patted her head making her happy the whole dinner.

"It's getting late, will you be okay being brought home at this time?" Mrs. Bae asked Joy, they had just finished eating. 

"It's okay, I'll be alright." Joy bowed politely before standing up and leaving the table. But Irene had different plans for tonight.

She asked something from her parents and they agreed to what she said, she excused herself to go to Joy. "Joy-ah! You're not leaving?" She said as she watches she watched Joy get her things.

"I'm leaving now, thank you for inviting me to your home. Dinner was great and your parents were very nice." 

"Let me rephrase that. You're not leaving."

"Ehh?"

"Because you're staying over!" Irene said with a big smile, she held Joy's hands and jumped up and down in excitement.

"B-but I don't know if I'm allowed. I have to ask my parents." Although Joy also liked the idea of having a sleepover she still had to ask permission.

"Let's call them now." Irene pulled Joy to the telephone and together they called Joy's parents and told them about the sleepover. When her parents finally said yes, the two girls said their thanks and Irene told them not to worry about their daughter. 

"I promise to bring her home tomorrow safely!" Were the last word from Irene before they ended the call. They needed to give Joy clothes first, they couldn't go to the younger girl's house to get clothes since it was too far, so Irene gave her pajamas. Irene was taller than Joy so the clothes were a bit bigger on her.

Getting excited over their first sleepover they obviously didn't want to sleep yet, they even got Yeri to join them. The three girls played board games, sang and danced, did everything they could do. But the highlight of the night for Irene was when Joy introduced them to a video game.

"Don't these things ruin your brain?" Irene asked as she picked up a controller. She got these as presents a year ago but she never used it. 

"Nonsense! Video games educate your brain, it only becomes ruined when you play the wrong games and when you play it too much." Joy countered back as she set up the console. 

Yeri just watched them play since she was getting pretty tired. The two older girls decided to play a versus game, they picked their own characters and had to fight until the enemy ran out of health. Joy wouldn't say she was a pro or anything but she atleast had experience playing compared to Irene with none.

But she was getting frustrated seeing her character losing again and again. She stared at the screen that just indicated her as the loser. "Uggh! Why is this so hard?!" She ruffles her air in annoyance but she turns her head to Irene in smiles.

"Wow! This is the best thing ever, I can't believe I only played this now." Irene's expression showed only pure amazement and fascination. Joy didn't want to take that away so they played a few more rounds with her losing each one.

After that the tried every game that Irene received, that's when Joy realized that video games weren't her thing but it was totally Irene's. The older girl would try really hard to understand each game and give out her best. It also brought out the girl's competitive spirit, Joy got scared when she finally won against Irene because the older girl stared at her with determined eyes and said, "Rematch."

They had to stop when they noticed Yeri sleeping beside them. They were in Irene's room because she had the biggest bed between the two sisters. Placing Yeri in the middle, the two got ready to sleep. They both laid down beside Yeri.

"Thanks for today, it was fun." Joy said.

"It's no problem. Next time, it'll be your turn to bring us to your home." Irene replied but when she heard no response she got worried. "If you don't want us to it's fine."

Joy shook her head, "It's not that... I just don't want you to see my messy room." Irene laughed but she knew that the younger girl was lying but she didn't ask anymore.

"Irene..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to tell you something, don't hate me okay?"

Hearing Joy's serious voice made her nervous, "I would never hate you."

Taking a deep breath Joy let out, "I like you, can I date you?"

That was not Irene was expecting. She couldn't give a reply and even if she did what would she say? She didn't want to shrug it off and say 'stop joking' or any of that sort because she could tell by the younger girl's voice that she was serious. But that was the thing, they were both too young. How would Joy know is she actually liked her, what if it was a phase, or a mere crush?

"Wait till you're taller than me then I'll give you an answer." 

"What?! That's gonna take so long!" Joy whined, Irene was relieved that the younger girl didn't seem angry or unsatisfied with her reply. As for Joy, she was happy the older girl didn't answer her question, she had no idea why she said that and where it was going.

Irene bopped Joy's nose, "Well you better sleep and drink your milk if you wanna grow taller than me." She teased before hugging Yeri closely to her.

.

.

.

"Is this your way of making me live healthy?" Joy felt a pillow on her face. "Oof."

"Go to sleep."

 

 

__________________________________________________

The update took longer than expected hehe. The flashback/story of Joohyun before the accident is divided into 2 chapters, so you'll see the rest in the next chapter. Thank u for waiting for me, I was pretty busy with exams :( hopefully I pass 

Sorry for mistakes n errors. Subscribe, comment n upvote to show yur support. :))

BTW DID YALL SEE RV'S CONCERT LA ROUGE?! Yoooo it looked so good, everyone saying how it was their best concert and looking at all the tweets n videos I agree. They performed so many songs and they did it exceptionally! THEY PERFORMED OT5 BE NATURAL (although it was short), THEY ALSO PERFORMED MY ALL TIME FAVORITE TIME TO LOVE (I'm waiting for an hd vid plsssss). THEIR SOLO PERFORMANCES WERE LIT!!! (lol stream Lit by Oneus)

The only sad thing for me is that they barely had songs from their new albums, only zimzalabim, Umpah Umpah and carpool (pls correct me if I'm wrong). They had so many nice songs from the ReVe albums I wanted to see them perform it. 

Other than that CONGRATS TO OUR GIRLS, WE ARE SO LUCKY TO BE LUVIES AND STAN THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE.