Drunk

Elevator Girl

Seulgi had to study about 13 cases for her test today and she politely asked Irene not to disturb her when she is studying. So that's what Irene did. Seulgi has stayed in their unit to study 24/7, if she wasn't there she would be at the university's library studying till closing time.

Irene let the younger girl be since this was her last year in law so her grades really need to be good, but when Seulgi started not eating her meals and not getting enough sleep, Irene had to do something. She tried to reminding her with post-it notes, texts, and calls but when she arrives back home all she sees is a bear not taking proper care of herself.

Irene wanted to be there to remind Seulgi properly but she was busy at work, both at Bae Enterprises and BreadSoft, she barely had time to see her girlfriend. She'd leave early morning and come home late at night, she'd sometimes not even go home and just overnight at her workplace in BreadSoft since they have a bed there. 

"Seulgi.... Can you please put those papers away." Irene calls out to her but Seulgi ignores her. The older girl just sighs, "Seul, put those away before I take them from you. It's time to eat." It's one of the rare days that Irene can be home early and she wants to have dinner with her special someone.

"Just wait for awhile."

Irene huffs in frustration and marches up to where the younger girl was, she grabs the papers from her hands and quickly shoves it to a random drawer. When she turns around she gets scared by an angry looking Seulgi, but now was not the time to be scared and quiet.

Irene looked at Seulgi with calmest yet angry look she could muster, "You and I are gonna eat dinner together, then you'll take a bath and we'll both sleep right after." She was proud of herself for not having a shaking voice nor stutter.

Seulgi glared at her for a few seconds before going back to her innocent bear look, she's too tired to fight with Irene right now. Funny how she she's becoming a lawyer but she can't seem to put up a verbal fight with her girlfriend. Seulgi walks up to the dining area and sits down, she doesn't start eating until Irene sits down across her. They ate in silence, when they were both done Seulgi went to take a bath while Irene washed the plates. By the time Seulgi was done Irene was already lying down on the bed. 

Seulgi slowly went beside the older girl and wrapped her arms around her, "I'm sorry." She whispers.

"Don't apologize, I should've just asked you rest nicely instead of taking away your papers." 

"No," Seulgi shakes her head, "If you haven't done what you did I think I would be spending the whole night exhausting my brain and starving my stomach. I haven't had a proper meal in days. Thank you." Seulgi's arms tighten bringing Irene closer to her.

Irene giggles, "And you finally smell nice." Seulgi whines in reply, wasn't her fault that she couldn't take a bath, blame college. "Seul, you don't have to be stressed about your exam okay? You got this, you're one of the smartest people I know, and you can do anything when you do your best." 

"Thanks." Seulgi gives off her killer smile and Irene couldn't help but stare, she gives a small peck on the younger's lips before closing her eyes. 

"Look who's getting bold." Seulgi teases.

"Shut up." 

"Make me." Seulgi says in hope to kissed once more.

Seulgi ended up with a pillow on her face.

__________

The last time Seulgi ever drank was about when exams were over last year, back when she was still friends with Bogum. Now this time she was here with Irene. Her batch decided to celebrate the end of their exams, since it was near Irene's work place Seulgi invited her over.

Normally Seulgi would've started drinking till she's drunk but this time she wanted to be good person in front of her girlfriend who hates it went she drinks. 

"Are you sure you're not going to drink?" Irene asks over the loud music. Irene looks around the bar they're in and all of Seulgi's classmates are drinking and having fun while her girlfriend just sits beside her in one of the booths. 

"No, it's okay. Besides I wanna be here with you so that no one tries to hit on you." Seulgi says protectively. 

"But you can drink a bit while doing so. I don't wanna be those controlling girlfriends that tells you what to do and not do. If you want to drink, you can." Irene was being considerate to what Seulgi wants.

The younger girl thought for a while and answered honestly, "I won't drink. Instead let's laugh at all those who's going to get drunk."

And that's what they did, they would watch other people drink, dance, embarrass themselves, vomit, do weird things and it was entertaining to watch them. They were enjoying themselves, just the two of them, until a bunch of Seulgi's classmates went to their booth and slammed down some shot glasses and alcohol. "Bottoms up you two!"

"Sorry we're not drinking." Seulgi tells them.

"What's the use of going here if you're not gonna drink? C'mon one shot!" One of the drunk guy says and starts pouring the alcohol and shoves it in front of their faces.

"We really don't want to." Irene says but it was ignored by all the people, they started chanting, "Drink! Drink! Drink!" Soon after all the people in the bar chanted with them, this caused the couple to be scared and look at each other. 

First of all, you might think it's just one shot of alcohol. It's more than that, one shot could lead to more, and then another. And Irene really doesn't like drinking, she only went here to make sure Seulgi wouldn't do anything stupid. But now everyone was watching them, she could feel the peer pressure pushing her, she's pretty sure that if they denied it'll ruin everyone's mood and might even lead to angry people (depending how drunk they were). Irene, being the older one, didn't want Seulgi to be the one to drink especially since the younger girl decided not to just for her. 

She was about to reach for the glass when Seulgi grabbed it suddenly and drank it. Everyone cheered and clapped for her, majority of the people went back to do whatever while the group of classmates stayed and poured again. "You're turn." 

They were referring to Irene and she looked extremely scared. But again Seulgi took the shot for her, "Just give it to me, she's my ride home she can't drink." Seulgi reasons out and they buy it. Irene watches as Seulgi downs shot by shot and she feels useless. After Seulgi's 12th shot, she feels her head spinning and she's sure if she were to walk she'd fall after her first step. 

"Seulgi please stop." Irene tugs her hand and succeeds into putting the glass away. She glares, the coldest glare she ever did, at Seulgi's classmates and they all run away (even if drunk they know what's scary). Irene brings Seulgi outside not even bothering to tell anyone about their departure. 

They arrive at a convenience store, Irene quickly gets some hangover medicine for later and some water. She smiles at the cashier man when he looks at Seulgi who's giggling for no reason. "Is this all?" He asks when he scans the items and puts them in a plastic.

"Yup." She gets the plastic bag and heads out with a person who can barely walk. Luckily there were chairs outide the convenience store for customers to sit, "Here drink this." Irene hands the younger girl the water bottle.

"Is this more alcohol?" Seulgi eyes the bottle before drinking it's content.

"Nope besides you don't need more of that." Irene sits beside the drink girl and brings Seulgi's head to get shoulder. "Pabo. You didn't have to do that for me."

"I wanted to do it." Seulgi slurs her words but Irene can still understand what she's saying.

"You wanted to drink? If you did you should've told me."

"No that, I only drank so that you wouldn't be pressured to do it. I wanted to make sure that you wouldn't do something you'd regret because I know how much you don't like drinking." Clap your hands because Seulgi said some good words despite being drunk.

What did Irene do to deserve someone like Seulgi? She was so going to buy the younger girl the new Converse shoes that she kept talking about.

"You still made me regret."

Seulgi pokes the girl's cheek. "Really? Oh no that's not good." They way she said made her sound like a child. 

"Yeah it isn't but don't worry because I'm turning that regret into a lesson."

"A lesson? Oh nooo, are we in school?" Seulgi whines.

"Hahaha, no. Speaking of school, good job." Irene congratulates her as she stares at the starless sky. "You worked and studied really hard to get where you are. So I want to be the one to tell you, good job Seulgi. You're doing well. Graduate soon okay, so that I can tell my friends that I'm not dating a college girl." Irene jokes and it even makes Seulgi laugh.

"Be glad I'm not a highschool student."

"Oh my god, no." Irene can't imagine dating Seulgi as a highschool student. She'd probably go to jail for dating a minor. "By the way, I don't think I'm supposed to tell you considering you probably won't remember what I'm saying but I'll be going to America for awhile because there's a press conference there." 

"That's good! America is good!" Seulgi gives her a flimsy thumbs up.

"It is good, but it's for 2 months... Our team will be discussing and talking with foreigner brands, so they wanted to stay longer." Irene can't imagine leaving Seulgi for two months, thats just too much. Even just being away from the bear makes Irene miss her so much.

"Issss totally fine." Seulgi started singing some random song that's been playing on the radio, Irene doesn't understand why Seulgi is saying "umpah umpah," she thinks that the younger is probably trying to swim.

"Yeah, I should talk to you when you're sober."

__________________

"Did you pack everything?" The law student was watching the older girl as she brings her bag inside the elevator.

"Yes."

"Your toothbrush?"

"Yes."

"Your glasses?"

"Yes."

"Your umbrella?"

"Yes."

"Your passpo-"

"Yes! I did Seulgi." Irene finally let's out before she gets sick of saying the same word. She understands why the bear is acting like this. When she properly told the new to Seulgi, the younger girl was sad that she'd be staying away for pretty long but she accepts that Irene needs to go. 

"I'm just making sure that you don't leave anything." Seulgi defends herself from Irene's wrath. She's holding the elevator door so it won't close and so that Irene won't leave yet.

"It's as if I'm leaving you forever, stop being dramatic it's only two months."

"Only two months?! You know how long that is?!"

"Be glad it isn't three or four."

"Aishhh don't say that you're gonna jinx it, you're gonna end up staying there longer."

Irene sighs, she's gonna miss the dumb bear. "You've been living almost your whole life without me in it, you can do it again for two months."

"But it's different," Seulgi stares deeply to the shorter girl's eyes, "I used to live a life without you, yes. But now that you've entered it my life will never be the same. So bear with me right now because I'm gonna miss you." Seulgi captures the girl's lips and they have their moment for a few seconds before parting.

"I have to go now." Irene says.

"Okay but don't forget to call me."

"I won't."

"Be safe, America is a scary place."

"I will."

"Don't look at those pretty American girls and don't let them seduce you."

"I wouldn't even spare them a glance."

.

.

 .

"I love you Bae Joohyun." Seulgi tells her and Irene can feel the butterflies in her stomach, fluttering so fast.

"And I love you. Kang Seulgi." Seulgi stands back and the door automatically close but before they do the two wave one last goodbye to each other.

See you in two months...

Two long months.

 

___________________________________________________

Hi, sorry for the long update. School stuff, so much stuff to pass and study :(( I hope all y'all are having it easy. The story is almost at it's end I estimate about 6-9 more chapters left....... But u never know!

Anyways Umpah Umpah is a book, continue to stream. In my opinion I like Zimzalabim better :)

What's yur favorite song in the album? Mine is Eyes Locked Hands Locked.

Funfact:

There's a monthly elevator called Elevator World.