Snap and Take a Pic

Elevator Girl

How can someone be close with another and not know that much about him or her? Because that was what Seulgi thought about of Irene. They were close yet she didn't know much about her other than simple facts, heck she doesn't even know if she has siblings or whatnot. She knows she can easily search online for these things (because their company is famous) but it'd be better to know it herself when Irene tells her.

This was the last day before exams and the students were given a half day to spend the rest of their hours studying for tomorrow, right now Seulgi was listening intently at the sermon the professor was telling. At the end of class she told Wendy and Bogum to go ahead while she asked the professor about something, after she was done she headed down and saw her friends chatting with someone else.

The person she saw was wearing a purple sweater with round glasses and had black hair she knew who it was.

"Irene?" Seulgi did a little jog towards to them. "What are you doing here?" She didn't expect her to come to her campus.

"I came to pick you up and besides I wanted to see your university. It's really nice by the way. And then I saw Wendy and Bogum and went to talk to them."

"Yup Irene was talking about how you'll be going to eat lunch together. How come you didn't invite us?" Wendy says pouting at her bestfriend.

"Yah! Don't pout you look weird! And Irene is older than you, remember?" Seulgi says smacking Wendy on her head. "Sorry Irene-unnie."

"Do you want to join us?" Irene asks, she does want to spend with Seulgi but the more people the better right?

Wendy denies her offer saying that she's busy taking care of her grandma. Bogum took awhile to think whether or not to join but decided that he won't but to instead to start studying. They said their goodbyes and headed their separate ways.

"Where do you want to eat?" Seulgi asks while Irene wraps her hands around Seulgi's arm. Seulgi was normally not a touchy person but for some reason with Irene it was ok.

"I was thinking about ordering take out and just eat walking around if that's ok with you?"

"Sure." Seulgi replies as they head towards a restaurant that sells burgers after they headed their way to the park.

"Sipnce tomay bis suposeb to beh a day--" (since to day is supposed to be a day) Seulgi starts.

"Yah! Don't talk with your mouth full" Irene gives her tissue so that she could cover and afterwards clean it.

"Sorry. Anyways today is when we get to know each better,  not like the day we played the question game." Seulgi says after wiping and taking a big sip on her soft drink. 

"Okay what do you want to know?." Irene says while taking a few steps ahead.

"Well to start why is hair down? I thought you like your hair tied up." Seulgi stared at the hair infront of her that seemed to sway nicely side to side as Irene walked.

"No reason actually, I just wanted to put it down." She replies kicking small pebbles as she does before throwing her finished food in the trashcan. "For a hungry bear you take really long in eating."

"Well this bear likes to savor the food she's eating." And Seulgi finally catches up to Irene and walks in the same pace as her. "I want to know about your family, like do you visit them? Do you have any siblings?"

"Well, I visit only on holidays and special occasions other than that no. They're busy, they don't have much time for me and vice-versa. I have a younger sister, we call each other and send messages but I haven't seen her since I've moved."

The way Irene responded about her family was....well dead, no emotion. Like she didn't mind that she hasn't seen them in so long. But who was Seulgi to pry further, she could tell this was a subject to avoid but she couldn't help but be curious.

"How about you? How's your family?" Irene asks while playing with her sweater.

"I'm an only child, my dad left me in a young age so I only have my mom. She's working really hard right now to help me in college. But luckily for me I'm on a scholarship." She says proudly like it was the best thing ever. Irene could only smile on how hardworking the younger girl was.

"Woww! You're smart?" Irene questions with eyes wide.

"Yeah! Ofcourse I am, what did you think I was?"

"I don't know maybe a lazy bear who only studys a few days before exams?" Irene says before laughing, "Ofcourse I knew you're smart. You're in the top 15 smartest students in your batch, right?"

"Yeah but how did you know that?"

"Wendy and Bogum told me." She then starts to hold hands with Seulgi and starts walking towards a tree. "Why law?"

"Well, like a kid I believe in justice, peace, and everything right. I didn't like the fact that the bad people get away with what they did. The judiciary system is corrupted." They stop under the tree and lean against its bark.

"Heehee, yup just like a kid. But still a nice reason,  how about being my lawyer in the future?"

"Why? Do you plan on doing something bad?"

"Nah, not really. Just planning on stealing a whole year supply of fabric softeners." They laugh for awhile before Seulgi asks.

"Why gaming?"

"Because I find it fun, the games we make are really cool and there's blood and ******* ******...." Seulgi was left scarred as Irene starts telling her all about the things they do at work which included putting digusting, gore, and bloody things that she did not want to hear. "And because I don't want to do business." Irene says lastly.

It was nice to see Irene talk about her work. Seulgi always sees the competitive side of Irene when they play games and its very interesting to watch. But her talking about creating them is a whole level more. Irene smile was wide as it could be and Seulgi wouldn't mind seeing it the whole day.

"Then why horror? You're hobby is anything horror, horror movies, games, and books." Seulgi continues to ask.

"Well, I don't feel scared with horror. It's just not scary, I don't get why others are afraid when everything is so predictable." She says with a face showing total confusion.

"Then what are you afraid of?"

"I don't know, I guess failure and dissapointment. I hate it when people look down on me but I can't help but feel like it's my fault they feel like that. When people have high hopes for you and all you do is bring it down, I don't want to feel like that. Other than those I'm not afraid of anything."

"Except thunder." Seulgi says teasingly which earns her a smack in her arm. Seulgi could feel the sadness in her words so she was hoping her words could lighten up the mood which worked (thank god).

Irene starts to stand up and brushes off the dirt on her pants before lending a hand to Seulgi which Seulgi takes. Seulgi watches as Irene stares at the sky before being called by her.

"Seulgi, Seulgi, nehh. Can you take a picture of me?" She already took of her glasses and hands it to her including her phone. "Make me laugh and then take a photo." 

Seulgi was pondering on her head what to say and she notices something on the tree and says whatever came to her mind.

"Whenever I see a couple's name carved on a tree, I don't find it sweet. Instead I'm suprised how many couples bring knives on their dates."

Seulgi stares at Irene for her to react and later Irene laughs not at the joke (if it was even a joke) but at Seulgi herself. 'She tried so hard and that's what she could come up with' Not to mention her expression.

*Snap*

Seulgi successfully took a photo of Irene laughing and she was happy with it, Irene laughing and smiling made her even more beautiful.

"Thanke you." Irene said and she started taking pictures of the afternoon sky. "I agree with you, why do people like to carve such awful things onto beautiful trees? They're just ruining it."

"Then what would you do instead?"

"Grow one, I'd grow a tree." Irene says with a smile on her face. "Let's go to the arcade,  there's one near here." She starts tugging on Seulgi's sleeve and pulls her towards the arcade's direction.

When they've arrived they were met with the loud sounds, blaring lights, and all the noises made by machines and people.

"You know....on second thought it looks crowded. How about a different place?" Irene asks looking quite down with all the crowd. She really didn't like all the noises and sounds but she could withstand it if she wanted. She just didn't like all the people, back in Daegu it wasn't as crowded or noisy.

So they went all the way to the Han river. It was a beautiful sight to see, you could see it everyday but still be amazed by it's view as if it were your first.

"Mhmm, you don't really like crowdy places do you?" Seulgi says as they walk by the pavement. 

"No, too many people, too many eyes, too many judging eyes, too many thoughts. They want to play with me or compete and then talk to me, I don't want to talk to them whenever they make a conversation with me. Can't they see it in my face i dont want to talk?  PLUS they make all these unnecessary noises, I have sensitive hearing and smell. Do you know how bad it smells it an arcade, when sweat is everywhere and all the dirt." Irene answers.

"Yet you still go. Show me the face you make when you want show them you're not interested." Seulgi smiles at her. Irene does her best to look annoyed in a polite manner ( if that's even possible) and ends up looking adorable which makes Seulgi laugh.

"Yah, don't laugh. Why shouldn't I go to the arcade, all the games are there! I would gladly buy all those game consoles but that'd cost a lot of money. And my parents wouldn't like to see me staring at the screen 24/7." Irene wails her  arms in frustration. 

"For a person that doesn't like talking to people that much you seem to get along with me just fine."

"Because you're my friend. Do I need another reason?"

"You're friends with Wendy, Bogum, and Taeyong but you still seem shy around them." Seulgi says

"I don't know, I guess you're different. I guess I'm comfortable with you...Switch topic, thinking of a reason is tiring my brain." Irene pouts at the younger girl.

"Haha, if it makes you feel better I like the fact that you're shy around others but not me. Makes me feel special."

"Well you're the first friend I made when I moved in. Wait scratch that you're the third. Taeyong and Jisung are first." 

"Then you're the how manyeth person I made friends with. But hey it's just a number." Seulgi says before meeting a yawn from Irene.

"Yup, just a number." Irene covers with her hand.

"How about ending the day here. You seem very tired, you need to rest." Seulgi says worriedly.

"No it's ok let's just keep walking." Irene tried to keep her eyes awake but it was slowly drooping but she had to keep her eyes awake or else this day would end, she didn't want to work already. It was amazing how Irene lost so much energy so quickly.

"Okay, we'll keep walking till we reach the bus stop and we'll head back." Seulgi then holds Irene's hand, this was the first time she was the one to start the skin ship but she didn't want Irene to suddenly drop sleeping in the floor. But by the look of it Irene looked like she could walk while sleeping as her eyes were already closed and she was leaning on Seulgi.

"As much as I want you to sleep, do you want to tell me why you have those eyebags? I doubt it's because you stare at the screen for too long. I'll let you sleep on the bus." Seulgi said while Irene took her time replying.

"Sleeping.....sleeping is scary for me. Whenever I do I get nightmares and headaches. Sleep is supposed to make me regain my energy but all it does is take more from me." Irene says sadly and Seulgi could understand. Not being able to sleep , sleeping is one of the best things in life, she silently promised to herself to help Irene with her sleeping problem.

They finally arrived in the bus stop and saw the bus arrive right after, well Seulgi saw it and guided Irene inside. They both took their seats, Irene was beside the window but instead of leaning against the window pane she instead laid her head on Seulgi's shoulder mumbling "So comfy."

Irene slept quite well during the bus ride, the best sleep she had. No nightmare came just pure sleep. Just like the night with the thunderstorm,  she had no problem sleeping. But she was nudged awake by Seulgi telling her that they've already arrived at their stop and had to walk abit.

Luckily for Irene she had some of her strength restored, she felt like she took a potion and antidote which made her health and status better but she wasn't fully healed. They walked in silence, a comfortable one. And finally reached the Suite.

*Ding*

Seulgi and Irene squished to the corner to give space for the other to come in. Irene quietly asked, "Why were you given a half day today again?"

"We have exams tomorrow." Seulgi replies and receives a lot of hits on her arm but despite all the pain she received she kept quiet careful not to draw attention to tbem.

"You" hit "have" hit "exam?!?!" Another hit. "WHY DID YOU AGREE TO TODAY? YOU SHOULD USE THE TIME TO STUDY! IF YOU FAIL TOMORROW IT'S BECAUSE OF ME!" Irene whispered loudly. She knew law is a very hard course and even if Seulgi was smart she should focus on her studies.

"It's okay I still have time to study and enjoyed our day it was fun." Seulgi returns with a smile to ensure the older that she was happy with her decision. "Oh, by the way. While you were sleeping I took photos of you, haha, for blackmail uses." Seulgi says. And that earns her another slap.

*Ding*

Seulgi leaves the elevator which left Irene alone in the elevator. So she decided to suprise her.

"Irene hold the door please!" Seulgi calls out. And Irene does what she's asked and presses the button to keep the doors opened. Seulgi turned around and took another photo of Irene standing schocked.

"Y-yah! Delete that! I wasn't ready."

"So if I asked you take a photo you would say yes?"

"No." Irene says flatly as she watches Seulgi study her phone.

"If you ever think about changing jobs I think you'd work great as a model. You still look pretty even when you're not trying. Plus if you're a model, I'll be you're lawyer when people try to sue you when you get too famous and try to ruin you." Seulgi tries to end the day with a good atmosphere which works.

"Yah Kang Seulgi! The only way you'll be a lawyer for me is to pass those exam so go study!" Irene said before finally letting the door close. Seulgi shouted, "Get some sleep!"

Seulgi ended up smiling all the way to her room. She studied really hard till 11 pm before she receuved a text.

(SEULGI is bold and IRENE is italicized)

Irene, your friend :)

 

U better not be awake if u r u have 2 be studying. :-|

I actually finished and already about to sleep. You're the one that should be sleeping.

That's good have a good rest ur still young. Take all the rest u can get. :^) I took a nap for 2 hrs

Haha u oldie, go back to sleep! Good night and have sweet dreams!

Ty, Seulgi fighting!

 

And with that Seulgi knew that she was gonna ace this year's exams! And what she didn't know was that was she said came true, Irene had a good dream that night.

 

 

 

-------------------------

Im sooo sorry I took so long to update was really busy! I promise ill be more diligent. Pls excuse my errors other than that pls bear with me and enjoy!