Closer

Elevator Girl

Well, through only meeting someone for 5 days everyweek with only talking for 3-4 mins you'd expect the two to be far from being close. However, that wasn't the case. Irene, despite her quiet behavior, was able to become one of Seulgi's close friends within a few months. They were able have a good outcome every time they met and if you were with them in their encounters you can slowly see them getting comfortable and closer with each other. If they both had a free day, with no school or work, they would hang out in each other's room and invite Taeyong and Jisung to join them. And today was one of these days, a wednesday night. A free day because the news have reported a storm hitting Seoul and that it was best for everyone to stay home.

Irene invited Seulgi to play some video games since Irene said she didn't want to be alone when the storm hit. They were on Irene's living room with Irene on the floor with Seulgi on the couch. Irene was wearing her sweater and checkered pajama pants while Seulgi was wearing a big black shirt with sweat pants.

"Winner of 3 out of 5 games gets to order the loser around." Seulgi says as she puts the selected game into the console: Mario Kart.

"Is everything a game to you Kang? And why with the punishment?" Irene says shaking her head but agreeing nonetheless. This was nth time Seulgi had asked her into playing another game with her.

Irene would say she's one of the best video gamers in Daegu, she'd play them after school or when bored and she studied and mastered all the moves, walkthroughs, and builds of the games. But what she didn't expect was to lose. She lost. All 3 games. She stared at the TV which showed in bold words on her side of the screen LOSER.

"..." irene stayed quiet while Seulgi could only laugh and jump on the couch with laughter coming out of . "I win, I win!!"

"Okay, okay, I know and get down from the couch. It's for sitting not standing!" She pulls Seulgi down and immediately presses rematch, there's no way that they're going to stop playing with her losing. You could see the fire in her eyes and the stare she gave at the TV looked it like it could just explode.

"Not yet, I get to order you something." Seulgi says grinning.

"Do you want me to cook you something? Wash your clothes?" Irene suggesting what she's good at

"Nope, you have to untie your hair." Seulgi's happy with her order. She's already seen Irene without glasses countless times and everytime she does it doesn't seem to fail her, always leaving her star struck. In these countless times Seulgi would steal it from Irene making her angry and chase Seulgi to return it but she could never because wherever they were there were also other people. Irene wouldn't chase her and act childish infront of others and would only stomp to Seulgi and hit her till she returns it.

 

"W-what?"

"Untie your hair."

"But I want it up."

"Its an order." Seulgi stands up from the couch and makes her way to Irene who was backing away from her with her hands over her ponytail as if to protect them.

"If you don't do it, I'll do it myself" Seulgi then charges at Irene and was able to grab both her hands with and pull her tie down. And in that moment it was like a drama to her, where in the lead finds his love so pretty when she looks just a bit different, when the background becomes a blur and what all the lead sees is his love and nothing else. Yup that was what Seulgi felt like.

Because Irene stood covering her face with her hands as her hair fell nicely down, her raven hair didn't even look tangled or anything, it was straight and smooth. Seulgi could only stand in awe. 'She gets prettier and prettier.'  Seulgi was amazed with her beauty once more.

"I hate you Kang Seulgi."

"Nah you love me besides you look even better with your hair down Irene-unnie." She says while pulling Irene's arms to bring her back to the couch. Irene's redden face couldn't be seen through her hands, "I don't get that much compliments so ofcourse my face will redden. It's not because Seulgi was the one saying it."  Irene thinks

"You don't have to, you know." Irene says now focusing in the screen while combing her hair with her hands. 

"Don't have to what?"

"To be so formal, you don't need to add unnie."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Mhmmm, You don't have to, I give you my permission" she says smiling but Seulgi couldn't see it since Irene wasn't facing her.

"Okay I-Irene."  

'Why am I stuttering? It's just a name."

They continue playing the game but Irene was now winning. Why? Seulgi wasn't paying that much attention to the game when all her attention was on Irene's hair. She made a mental note to herself to ask Irene what shampoo she uses.

"Staring is rude you know." Irene says as she wins another game.

"S-sorry."

"Apology accepted. Now I order you to watch a horror movie with me." Irene stands up to turn off the console and pick a movie.

"Huh? No! Noo! Not a horror a movie, it's dark already plus there's rain!" Seulgi was so busy staring at Irene's nice hair that she didn't notice she lost thrice. She wouldn't mind losing but the fact that they'll watch something scary? No way.

"Nope, too bad that's my order. Besides rain and darkness best time to watch a horror movie!" Irene says gleefully and sits beside Seulgi holding her arm so she couldn't run away as the movie started playing. "I focus on horror and bloody games so horror movies are like an inspiration for me, besides I'm not scared. Don't worry you can hold on to me if you are." She teases

"I-im not afraid of horror movies!" Seulgi says while hugging a pillow now facing the screen.

Seulgi always imagined watching horror movies with someone special and be the one that wasn't afraid; the special someone would cower in fear and would hold on to her when they watched. But oh how the roles have turned because she was the one scared and holding onto Irene.

Irene couldn't supress her laughter whenever Seulgi screamed, Seulgi would hide behind Irene's back and Irene was getting annoyed with it so they switched positions. Irene was now sitting on Seulgi's lap as they watched. And whenever something scary happened Seulgi would hide and bury her face on Irene's neck and Irene could no longer pay attention to the movie. She could feel Seulgi's arms around her waist holding her tight when she was scared and she could feel her warm breath against her neck. One thought came to her mind when the movie ended 'We should watch horror movies more."

 

 

It was getting late ready, outside was dark and you could hear the hard rain pouring down. They fixed the living room, ate dinner, and talked but it was time for Seulgi to go. She was heading out the door when she turned her head to look at Irene once more. The moon light illuminated the room and as the light entered through the glass it made Irene look even more beautiful with her hair down.

"I don't think the rains gonna stop anytime soon and you can see thunderclouds forming, be careful."

"Do you have to leave? Ah, nevermind be careful as well." Irene replies but the first words were soft that Seulgi didn't hear it. They waved each other goodbye and Seulgi made way to the elevator.

*Ding*

While waiting inside she could still hear the sound of rain and now big thunders. She was already at the 23rd floor when she hears her cell phone ring.

 

Irene, your friend <3

​​​​Is calling

 

"Hey Irene. Did I leave something or-" Seulgi questions but was interrupted with Irene's scared voice.

"C-c-can you c-come back?" Her voice was shaking and when a thunder sound was heard Irene screamed and the call ended.

Seulgi pressed the 22nd floor and as it opened she  went to the stairs and ran as fast as she could to the 34th floor,  she didn't care if she was tired she was worried about Irene. She never heard Irene so scared. She already at her door in 2 minutes and was about to call Irene to open the door only to find it unlocked, so she went inside (not forgetting to lock the door) and called for Irene. She finally found her crouching down at the kitchen floor covering her ears and closing her eyes. She didn't forget to notice the broken plate beside her.

"Irene are you ok?" She crouched down as well tapping her slightly.

'Ofc​​ourse she isn't, stupid. She's frightened to death right now.' 

Irene doesn't even move until a flash of light appeared and Seulgi saw Irene's face in horror and Irene reached out to Seulgi and she was in her arms when the clap of thunder came. She was shaking. Irene was shaking to death and Seulgi didn't know what to do except hold her and start whispering in her ears to distract the other sounds.

She decided to bring Irene to her room carrying her and while her face buried on Seulgi's neck. She carefully laid Irene down and went to close her bedroom door and close the curtains but was stopped due to a hand tugging her shirt.

"P-please don't leave me"

"I'm not, I'm just gonna close the do-"

"N-no stay with m-me." Irene says shaking her head not wanting to be alone for even a second, gripping Seulgi even tighter. So Seulgi doesn't leave her and when another clap of thunder is heard Irene pulls Seulgi towards the bed and hugs her hiding her face in her stomach. And Seulgi kept her in her embrace hoping it could give even a little safety to the older girl.

So she thought of something, "Irene." she called out and the older girl looked at her with small tears in her eyes. Seulgi didn't want to see her cry so she brought her hands to Irene's face and took off her glasses and put them away.

"You said that if you don't have glasses on you could stare at anything for along time and not mind anything. So just look at me, ok? And don't mind everything else." Her voice was soft knowing that a soothing voice is what Irene needed. And Irene listened using all her strength to focus on Seulgi and not the thunder. They seemed to look at each others eyes for a long time.

Irene was flustered, she didn't believe that Seulgi could remember what she said months ago and she couldn't believe it was working. Irene just stared at the younger girl's eyes, it looked like a puzzle that hasn't been solved yet. It looks like it's done but there's still a piece missing. 'Even if we aren't close. I want to help you find your missing piece.' because Irene thinks she should be a nice friend and friends help each other out.

After a while Irene broke the stare and moved up to be the same level as Seulgi and continued hugging the taller girl because she felt warm, safe, and peaceful with her. And Irene drifted of to sleep, Seulgi put blanket around them and fell asleep after but not before mumbling,

"No wonder why you think rainy days aren't nice days."

 

The next morning Seulgi woke up frightened and alone. She's pretty sure this isn't her room when she looks around and then remembers last night. She'd be embarrassed right now for spending the night with her but she was filled with worry and noticed Irene wasn't with her. So she went outside the bedroom only to see Irene in the kitchen with her tied up with the same clothes. Seeing her made Seulgi's worry go away.

"You're up early." Irene says not facing her way, busying herself with whatever she's cooking.

"Really what time is it?" Seulgi replies making way to the table counter of the kitchen.

"10 o'clock"

"Whaaat! That's not early at all."

"I was being sarcastic" Irene says giggling making her way to Seulgi with a plate of bacon and pancakes. "Eat up. I cooked these so you better eat it."

"Mhmm okay" Seulgi is already eating the food until she notices Irene's leg, it was wrapped in bandages. "What happened to your leg?"

"Oh this? I dropped (technically threw) a plate last night and the shards hit and scratched my leg. It was bleeding but I wasn't able to do anything about it." Not wanting to say that she was too scared to do anything.

"Will you be okay?" Worry in her voice

"Of course I'm standing right now aren't I?" She returns with a smile and again making the worry leave Seulgi.

And the day progresses normally but they don't talk about last night, wellll until Seulgi starts to leave.

"Thanks for last night."

"Mhmm no problem." Not knowing how to reply she adds, "Hey, don't you find it weird?"

"What's weird?"

"That a person like you who isn't afraid of horror movies, is afraid of thunder?" She teases "You're like a child Irene."

"Yah! I'm thanking you and this is what I get?!" She says kicking Seulgi but not with her hurt leg of course.

"I stayed with you and this is what I get, a kick?"

"I made you breakfast."

"And I comforted you."

"I invited you yesterday."

"And I came back when you called me."

And with that Irene huffed with annoyance because she knows she can't win. No matter what she'd say Seulgi indeed was the that helped her and that she should just be thankful for her actions

"I hate yesterday, I wish it never happened."

"Too bad it did." Seulgi is now smiling knowing she had win the conversation. And now she leaves Irene and walks away before saying,

"Whenever there's a storm you can call me." With a teasing smile on her face and even if she's kinda far away from the door already Irene could see it.

"Yah!! No way, but I will call you to watch more horror movies!" Irene replies back.

"No way to that, I'm never entering your apartment ever again." Obviously afraid of the thought to watch more scary movies. And waves goodbye leaving and finally enters the elevator pressing her floor number.

*Ding*

 

Yup they are definitely are getting closer.

 

_________________

Here's another chapter, sorry for grammar and spelling errors. Also sorry for the late update was busy.

Enjoy and comment! Your opinions matter alot to me so don't hold back in what you type :)