When It Happens

Elevator Girl

Do you know when you like someone you either:

(A) Act awkward around them and you don't know what to say,

(B) You act normal....

Well Seulgi felt like she was the first option. She thinks she likes Irene but as more days progresses she's pretty sure it's not just 'think,' instead it's 'does.' Seulgi does like Irene and now she doesn't know how to act.

There was a time where they met outside the elevator, Irene had said hello but Seulgi was looking at the ground and mumbled back, "Hi." And decided to use the stairs instead, leaving Irene confused as she waited for the elevator to come. And Seulgi had a very hard times waking up 18 flights of stairs.

Even though Seulgi is scared now (not that scared just shy) to be with the doe-eyed eyed Bae, she can't help but have secret glances when she has the chance. School's work had overpiled already and Irene's game has become a hit. They barely meet each other now, so what's going to happen to Seulgi's crush now?

~~~~~

*ANK ANK ANK

Seulgi woke up to the sound of her alarm. Apparently she's late again so she rushed her morning just to go to her university. Once going inside the elevator she takes notice of Irene.

"Good morning Seulgi!" Irene says happily,

"Morning to you too." Seulgi trys to sound normal but fails since her tone goes a bit higher than she wanted it to be.

"I haven't seen you in awhile. How's college? You're late again, you really need to change that habit." Irene asks.

"It's fine and doing my best to wake up!" Seulgi tried to defend herself, she just can't wake up early.

"That's good. By the way wanna hang out at Red Cafe after your school hours. I want to spend time with you since we barely see each other."

Seulgi who hasn't been this close to Irene since she realized her feelings didn't know what to say. So she said whatever came to mind.

 

"I like someone."

 

Wait.

What.

That was totally not what she wanted to say. The words that were supposed to come out were 'yes' so what the heck did she say?!

"Oh." Seulgi didn't dare to see Irene's reaction.

*Ding

The doors slide open and Seulgi runs off. Mostly scared and embarrassed. But she texted Irene that she would meet up with her.

~~~~~~

Do you know the when someone is acting weird around you they either:

(A) did something that you disapprove

(B) start to dislike you

(C) start to like you

Irene feels like it's the first option, well she darn hopes it's not the second. Seulgi has been avoiding Irene lately and she's starting to worry. Nothing bad has happened between them and Seulgi has nothing to feel weirded about..... Unless it's about the kiss they had. But she acted normal right after, why should react weirdly now?

There was a time where they saw each other at the mall, Irene saw that the bear had gone shopping for school supplies with Wendy. Wendy immediately greeted her but all Seulgi did was wave at her before excusing herself. When she asked Wendy about it she replied that she didn't know.

~~~~~~

So when Irene finally had the time to spend with Seulgi at the elevator it went downhill right after she asked her to hang out because the response she got was,

"I like someone."

Seriously.

What.

When.

It's only been 2 weeks since school started. TWO. And she says she likes someone (if this someone is from her university). And when you like someone that means you can't hang out with somebody else?!

Irene was going to ask who but the doors have opened and Seulgi has ran off. Did she not wanna share it? Irene exited the building and received a message.

Fr: SeulBear 💓

I'm sorry about earlier.

See you at Red Cafe.

Well at least she wants to hang out.

~~~~~

"What's with you now a days?" A whisper was heard. Seulgi looked up to the voice of her best friend,

"Nothing." She turned her head to board where all the notes were written on. The professor has called in sick so all that was needed to know was on the board. But you could never trust that so Seulgi opted to study way now later.

"If you say so."

...

"By the way Irene-unnie texted me earlier asking if anything was bothering you." 

That almost made Seulgi stop writing notes. Almost. But she can't show Wendy that she's affected by Irene.

"Tell her it's nothing."

"So liking Irene is nothing?"

Now that made Seulgi stop writing and look at get best friend in surprise.

"How did you?"

But she just looked down shyly, "Was I that obvious?"

"Yes. But don't worry I don't think unnie knows it. And I'm happy for you, you guys would look cute together." Wendy gave a small punch in the arm.

Seulgi smiled as she now knows that she's got her best friend's support. And she's not surprised or hating on the fact that Seulgi's gay. Well Seulgi's not sure if she is gay, maybe just gay for Irene. I mean who wouldn't be? This is probably the first time she's ever liked someone, she doesn't know what to react. 

Sigh. Why's love so hard?

~~~~~~

Irene's group of game developers are already planning for a new game even though their game has been a huge success. Irene smiles as she recalls Seulgi's reaction,

"Irene!"

Irene raised her hard to see the bear running to her, she was enveloped in a short hug before she was let go. The younger started jumping in excitement. 

"Your game is amazing!!! It's so unbelievable that your the one behind this!" Seulgi shouted as she showed her mobile phone that was playing the new game 

"It wasn't only me. But thanks."

"I'm gonna be the best player and be at the top for you. Can I brag and say I personally know the person who created this game?"

"Haha, I doubt you can do it, no offense. People can be really addicted to games. And I don't think people will believe you Seul if you told them."

"Is there cheats, hacks, or something." Seulgi asked and Irene nodded her head.

"Tell me!!!"

 

Irene was going to start programming but her Co-worker called her name, "Irene-ssi!" Maci Mel skidded across the room. This startled her.

"Yeah?"

"Did you see this new feature in xxx game?"

That's their life here. They talk about games, get inspiration from games, play the games, and what not. 

"No what is it?" 

"Well apparently it shows the character in 3D form after completing their story and collecting enough hearts. So I thought wouldn't it be a cool thing for our new game?"

"A 3D game in mobile takes a long time. But it's gonna be worth it." Gi Hye interrupted them. "Let's do it but let's make it a bit realistic rather than animated. So let's use real people as our models "

"But we need connections and really good looking people." Maci Mel replied and sighs.

"Umm... I can ask for people. I know someone in the modeling agency." The two looked to see their sweater, coke loving friend. They were shocked, Irene who didn't show any interest in anything except gaming tells them she knows people who model.

"If you think about it, you can be a model Irene-ssi." Gi Hye observed.

"Heh?"

"Yeah, just take off your glasses and remove the sweater you'd be perfect. Not that you look bad as you are."

The two started moving towards her so Irene stood up and moved away, "I'm going to ask my friend ok? Byeee" Irene ran off before her co-workers could get her.

~~~~~~~

*Ring *Ring

"Hello?"

"Hey Joy! Umm are you busy?"

"Nope, I'm always free for you."

"That's sweet. Well I was wondering if you'd like to act as our model?"

"Of course but last time I checked you're in a gaming company not a magazine one."

"Yeah well we've decided to do a realistic 3D kind of game, so we need real people as inspiration."

"Say no more. I'll tell my manager about this and if he doesn't agree I'll do it for you for free. See you!"

"Thanks, you're the best."

*Beep

Irene came back inside to tell the good news and as a celebration they've decided to order pizza and drinks! Yup. Irene loves her job and it saddens her that she won't be able to do this for the rest of her life. So she'll treasure each moment.

It's also a good thing they're not gonna work right now. Seulgi's confession that she liked someone has occupied the doe-eyed girl's mind that she couldn't do get job properly. Seriously, who is this for that Seulgi likes?

~~~~~~

Seulgi looks at her phone to check the time, 5:25. Her class has ended earlier due to heavy rain later. Seulgi decides to look through the glass wall to check if Irene was there. And she was. With Joy.

Irene and Joy turned to see Seulgi entering, she gave a small smile before during down. 

"Seulgi-yah, I hope you don't mind Joy being here. It's just I had to discuss some things with her for work." Irene had her hands holding her cup of hot chocolate. The weather had started to become cold and it made her shiver easily. 

"For work?"

"Yeah, Irene asked me to be her model for her new game. And we were discussing about it before you arrived." Joy says.

"Aishh your hands are so cold. Did you bring an umbrella, the news said it was gonna rain hard." Irene held Seulgi's hands and asked a waiter for a hot drink for Seulgi to hold later.

Seulgi shakes her head. Irene looks at Joy asking the same question but she got a no. "Ya! Do you guys wanna get sick. Joy you didn't even ride a car or anything. How are you getting back to your house?"

"I'll just ride a cab." 

"You'll still need an umbrella!" Irene dug through her bag and got out two umbrellas, it was the same purple and yellow umbrellas Seulgi saw when she first met Irene. She gave the purple to Joy and kept the yellow with her. "Me and Seulgi will share this one."

Joy however smiled as she stared at the purple umbrella. "You still have this?"

"Yeah, why?" Irene questions.

"Nothing." The model brushes off.

The three were talking about whatever, when Irene recalls what happens this morning. "You said you liked someone." 

"Me?" Joy points to herself.

"No. Seulgi." 

Seulgi could feel two pairs of eyes staring at her. As for Joy, she could already tell who Seulgi likes for it was the same person she likes. 

"Ummmm.... I don't want to tell you now." Was all she could say before taking a sip from her drink hoping they would drop the subject.

"Aww." Irene says, she really wanted to know.

~~~~~~~

"Make sure to say dinner!" Irene says as Joy leaves. And now it was just her and Seulgi standing together under the yellow umbrella. Seulgi was the one holding the umbrella while Irene had their arms linked.

Irene moved closer to Seulgi because she was cold and she could feel droplets hitting her shoulder. But because of this action Seulgi's heart was beating faster than normal. She was hoping Irene couldn't hear or feel her heart raise.

"Sorry that I didn't tell you about Joy joining us." Irene starts, "You're probably angry and upset with me."

They literally just needed to cross the road to get to Velvet Suite but they just stood there at the sidewalk. 

"I'm not angry or upset. In fact I'm happy. Because I'm starting to see Joy as a better person." Seulgi replied and it makes Irene happy and she squeezed Seulgi's arm in appreciation, and Seulgi's heart squeezes along.

They started walking across and when did Seulgi got a message.

Fr: Unknown number

I know you like Irene and I won't let you have her without a fight. Good luck :)

It was from Joy and Seulgi felt....threatened? Well she sure wasn't gonna go down without a fight, she needed to win Irene's heart before Joy does. But she's not as confident as Joy, plus Joy has already been with Irene. But she was Joohyun then, right now Irene is different. Sooyoung had her chance with Joohyun, Joy won't with Irene.

"Oh and about the person I like, I'll tell you about it later but we have to go out first. I'll take you somewhere when we're both free ok?"

"Sure, can't wait." Irene replies. And together they go in the elevator, "Do you remember this?" She was referring to the umbrella.

"Yeah, you used that on the day we met. You ran out the elevator holding it."

"I did not run out!" Irene puffed her cheeks.

"Wah so cute!" Seulgi pinched her cheeks before getting slammed on the arm. She let go after that.

"It's funny. I never share my things with strangers and I even gave you my favorite purple one. I guess I just had a feeling you were a good person."

"Good person? Please, I'm the best person."

Irene laughs at Seulgi's words. "Yeah, you are the best."

When you least expect love, it happens. Seulgi never knew when she would ever like or love someone, until Irene came. And when it happens, it happens. And Seulgi is happy she fell for someone like Irene.

__________________________________________________

Happy new year!!!

*Fireworks

*Cheering sounds

Anyways here's a update, sorry for the errors and the snail pace. (TT)

And thank you for commenting and reading this! It really makes me happy and I hope to make you happy this new year! And let's continue to support Seulrene and Red Velvet!!!

 

FUN FACT:

The reason why there are mirrors in elevators is to distract your mind so the ride won't feel that long. It also helps claustrophobic people because it helps them feel like they're in a broader space.