005 - Exposed

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that day, everything went back to normal as the CSAT approached. Naeun brushed the day off as her ‘sensitive’ day as it was that time of the month for her. Everything seemed to be alright. She had nothing to worry about.

A month plus passed by, and it was already the last day of the CSAT. “Good luck for the last paper, see you after 2 hours.” Taemin said as he caressed her head with a loving smile. “You too.” Naeun was taking a different paper from the rest as she had a different subject combination.

The paper was easier than expected for Naeun, given the fact that she hasn’t been putting in her 120% until a month before the CSAT. Well, she was a well-known genius in the neighbourhood.

She walked down the stairs to where Taemin’s exam room was as he said to meet there. She peeked into the class and could recognise him by his back view. She was about to go up to him but another figure appeared—this time it’s a girl. Naeun decided to stay and see what was happening.

 

This doesn’t feel good…

 

 

“Krystal I-”

 

Krystal? Why is she there?

 

“What do you mean by that? It was nothing?!”

“N-No...Ok yes. We drank and it just happened due to alcohol… I’m sorry. There were no feelings involved.”

 

Feelings? What feelings? Naeun had so many questions.

 

“Now you’re gonna talk about feelings. Alright. I’ll just be straightforward. You’ve already lost all your interest in Naeun. Right?”

“No. I still love her. I truly do.”

“Lies. You’re still with her because of Kim Myungsoo.”

 

Myungsoo? Why is he involved in this…

 

“He threatened you with the picture of us together right?”

“Y-Yeah but really I-”

“You said ‘I love you and your body’ right in my ear that night and took away my ity. No feelings involved you say? And you’re already over Naeun. You’ve-” Krystal was cut by Naeun who slapped Taemin hard. She was on the verge of crying.

“Y-YOU JERK.” Naeun screamed and ran off. She couldn’t believe Taemin did such a thing. Feelings involved or not, she was angry. She was pissed at the fact that he slept with Krystal, pissed at the fact that he lied. Her boiling anger soon turned to uncontrollable tears. She hung her head low as she cried while running through the busy hallway packed with students.

Even though she was embarrassed as heck, crying in front of everyone, she couldn’t stop herself. She just wanted to get out of school, out of everyone’s sight.

She sprinted as fast as she could down the staircase to the ground level. It was noisy in deed, and filled with students celebrating the end of exams. But in that noisiness, she could hear a voice. A voice that calmed her down. “Naeun ah… What happened?”

She stopped and turned to the direction of the voice. She ran into his embrace and cried out loud, although her crying sound was overpowered by the shouting students, almost everyone was looking at her. Naeun, Taemin’s (ex)girlfriend, was hugging Myungsoo while crying.

“Hey hey, just go back to throwing your s around the hallway. Don’t look at them.” Woohyun shouted as the group of friends went out of the school building. Taemin came down shortly after, frantically finding Naeun.

It then hit him that it was too late to do anything about it. She had heard everything, which means it’s over. They’re over. Taemin really loved her. He gave her all that he could. But that one mistake on that one night ruined him.

 

 

“N-Naeun ah, are you okay?” Chorong looked at Naeun worryingly as she patted her back. Naeun nodded and wiped her tears. They found a place to sit at a nearby park. “What happened though?” Namjoo asked. Naeun didn’t know how to start. She didn’t even know exactly how it happened.

The guys came back from the convenience store. “Here.” Myungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter