006 - Daring

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So we need 2 more boxes of beer and extra food for barbeque.” Woohyun double checked the list with Chorong before heading out to buy the things needed with Myungsoo. Chorong nodded and sent them off right away before Woohyun got too clingy—which will waste their time. They were staying over at a villa for a short getaway before university starts, with a few of their other friends, like Sunggyu and Hoya.

“You two are too cute.” Naeun chuckled at the sight of Woohyun begging for a kiss from Chorong. Obviously, Chorong just shut the door at him. “He’s the ideal boyfriend material.” Namjoo commented, which made Sungyeol shout from outside, “WHAT ABOUT ME?!”

“You’re perfect babe, continue cooking hehe.” Namjoo then sent flying hearts over to her long-lasting boyfriend of 4 years. He was outside with the other guys cooking the barbeque since they lost a fun game of rock-papers-scissors to the girls.

“Quite sad that we won’t see each other on campus anymore.” Chorong commented out of the blue. It just came into her mind. They have been in the same school since middle through high school, which amounts to 6 years of friendship and memories. “But at least we get to live together! I’m excited.” The girls decided to rent an apartment to live together as their universities are close to each other and quite far from their home, coincidentally.

“Speaking of which, why did Myungsoo choose business? I thought he wanted to pursue his love for photography?” Chorong asked Naeun.

“He was kind of forced by his parents to take business, but he doesn’t mind it though, since he needs to take over the company.”

“What’s the company name though, now that I think of it, I’ve never asked him this question.”

“MLE Inc.”

“Oh ML- WHAT?! M.L.E?! His parents own that company?! Oh my god…” Namjoo’s eyes widen at the sudden realization. It’s one of the largest and most profitable companies in Korea. They knew that Myungsoo was richer than average but not to that extent.

Oh … Naeun thought. She just remembered Myungsoo wanted to keep that as a secret. He didn’t want people to treat him differently because he was well-off, that’s why he never told anyone other than Naeun.

“That was unexpected…” Chorong was taken aback by the fact that they just got. “His parents wanted to give him a normal life and he wanted to keep it a secret… so don’t blame him for not telling you guys. And pretend you don’t know because I might get killed by him…” Naeun said softly, so that the guys couldn’t hear it. They nodded as they understood Myungsoo’s position.

“By the way will you be okay? Taemin got into the same university as you…” Namjoo asked carefully. Naeun shrugged in response. “I’m already over him and the incident, but I don’t know how I’ll react when I see him again.”

But I’m not looking forward to it. Naeun added in her mind. She didn’t expect Taemin to end up in the same university as her. At least we’re in different courses...

“Oh right, your school is known for having lots of hot guys. Tell me if you see one okay! I’ll come to your campus someday to bless my eyes hehe.” Namjoo said cheekily, knowing that Sungyeol will hear it. “KIM NAMJOO! AM I NOT ENOUGH?!” He shouted for the second time.

“Love you babe!” She told him, which definitely made the other two cringe. That couple was unexpectedly cheesy at times. “And, back to the topic, you’ll have a high chance of dating a hot guy in your university. All of our seniors there have boyfriends who look hella fine.” Namjoo added on.

“Actually you might end up dating Myungsoo. Since you both-”

“Omg…He’s the last person I’ll date. I’ll never date him. He’s like my best friend. And that’s all.” Naeun scoffed, cutting off Chorong’s sentence. The other two girls gave h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter