017 - Yikes

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon has always gotten what she wanted, born into a family with too much money to spare. Dressed in luxury items since young, she has never known anything else. A very spoilt kid she was, but she was also never exposed to the business world—her grandfather loved her too much to do so.

“No.” Her grandfather would say, whenever there is a business party. Even though Jiyeon desperately wanted to go, ‘no’ was always the answer. And it was the only ‘no’ she’s heard from her grandfather.

Due to this, no one in the industry actually knew how Jiyeon looked like, except for a few people who’ve went to their house for meetings.

No one ever rejects Jiyeon. No one, not until Myungsoo. Every guy Jiyeon has met, has fell for her right away. Anyone she wants, she’ll get. “That’s why I’m more attracted to you…” Jiyeon smiled and zoomed in on the photo of Myungsoo.

“Can you help me? Grandpa? Please~” Jiyeon asked her grandfather over and over. “No.”

“Just this once…please!”

Her grandfather knew the boy. Their companies were just negotiating about a business partnership and it wasn’t going that well. He looked solemn and sighed. “You… really like him?” He didn’t want to give her granddaughter away.

Jiyeon nodded. “I only want him.”

“I have a man there. I’ll help you, my precious granddaughter.”

 

 

 

“Myungsoo! Didn’t expect to meet you here.” Jiyeon said as Myungsoo hesitantly sat down in front of her. “As if.” Myungsoo scoffed.

“May I help you?” The waiter asked while Myungsoo was going through the menu. “I’ve already ordered, what do-” Jiyeon asked but Myungsoo cut her off halfway. “Wagyu Beef. Medium rare. Just water will do. Thank you.” He ordered in perfect Japanese and handed the menu back to the waiter.

“You can speak Japanese?” Myungsoo didn’t answer. “You know… I’ll just like you more when you’re like this.” Jiyeon smiled. He flinched as he heard that. His heart hurt. All he could think about was Naeun. He didn’t know how to tell her. He didn’t want to.

The steak was nice, but he couldn’t concentrate on the meal. He wanted out on it, on everything. However, he was always reminded of the words he heard.

 

“…Love doesn’t exist. If things don’t go your way, you sacrifice insignificant things to make it go according to your will.”

 

“…I trust you Myungsoo”

 

“…I believe you’ll do well, Myungsoo”

 

“Myungsoo, do you want dessert?”

“No. I’ll go now. I’ll pay.” He stood up immediately. But she held onto his hand. His muscle reflex immediately shook her hand off.

“Know where you stand.”

“I won’t back off.” Jiyeon smirked.

Myungsoo ignored her. He went to pay for the meal and left.

 

 

 

He went back to his hotel and took a long bath. He was overwhelmed with too many things at once. He didn’t know how to handle it all. He’s only 21 but there’s pressure for marriage and business deals in his hands. He didn’t want to tell his parents about Jiyeon. They’re already overly stressed. He didn’t want to add to it.

 

I can do this on my own.

 

As usual, he updated his father again on the company. However, the calls every day significantly became

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter