003 - Caught

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[WARNING: Lots of profanities in this chapter]

 

“Gym sessions are boring as heck.” Sungyeol commented as he joined Myungsoo and Woohyun at the benches. “Especially when it’s outdoors.” They didn’t really care about gym periods anymore as it’s already their third and last year in high school, which means studying is the most important thing right now. They need to get good grades for the CSATs to get into a reputable university.

“LAN today?”

“There’s extra lessons- Oh right sorry, forgot that you’re too smart to relate.” Woohuyn said in a sarcastically joking tone. All students were required to have extra lessons unless they’re in the top few placings of the cohort, which will give them the choice of either going home or joining extra lessons. Obviously, Myungsoo and Naeun are part of the top few in the cohort. Good looking and has good grades—both of them were unrealistic in the eyes of many.

“Did you just see Namjoo running after the ball? So cute.” Sungyeol’s eyes were fixated on his girlfriend ever since the period started. “Did you just see Chorong running after Namjoo? So cute.” Woohyun imitated Sungyeol’s way of speaking just to annoy him.

“And did you see Myungsoo’s eyes following that one girl? So cute and sad.” Woohyun added on. Myungsoo didn’t care about the teasing anymore. Furthermore, he was not in the mood to entertain his friends. “Whatever” was the only response he had for them. However, he really was looking at her. Gym uniform isn’t the most appealing outfit to look at, but she looked attractive nonetheless.

“You really need to stop making it so obvious that you like her, Myung.” Woohyun said as he patted his back. He knows how broken Myungsoo was when Naeun first started dating. He would even avoid going down to the cafeteria as that’s where all the couples are at—including Naeun and Taemin, even if he was starving.

“Everyone knows we’re just friends.” He retorted back. It was an excuse he hated, but he had to deal with it. He couldn’t deny that it’s the best excuse and escape for him at times too. Friends. He love-hated this word so much. “And I’m just worried that something will happen.”

“Oh sureee thing Myungs-” Woohyun was cut off by a scream from the field. “That’s Chorong’s voice!?” He looked over and all three guys saw Naeun lying on the field. She fainted.

“Myungsoo-”

He was already there beside Naeun before Sungyeol could finish his sentence. Taemin was also sprinting to Naeun from the other side of the field.

“Naeun ah…Naeun!!” Myungsoo shook her, trying to wake the unconscious girl up. But there was no response. He was worried sick that something worse would happen to her. I knew this would happen... ugh wtf. “Son Naeun!” He repeated her name again and again in hopes that she would open her eyes.

A crowd formed around the two on the field. Taemin managed to go through the crowd to reach Naeun. “Why are you here?” Taemin was annoyed at the sight of Myungsoo beside her. He squat down too and tried to take Myungsoo’s spot from him. But he couldn’t as M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter