013 -

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun got home and couldn’t grasp hold of anything that happened earlier. It all seemed so unreal. She wasn’t acting like her usual self as she wanted, but was still comfortable around Myungsoo. And she could feel that Myungsoo was being more direct, like he was showing interest.

 

Maybe we’re more than friends now…

 

Naeun shook the thought off and got back to studying. Her exams were coming up. It was definitely not the best time to think of such things.

They spent the next two weeks or so, busy with their exams and projects before the semester ends. Myungsoo and Naeun barely got to meet up in that duration. Both their courses required them to study a hell ton of things and in that period of time, they had to still continue with their project.

Naeun managed to get closer to Taemin due to the project, overcoming the wall that she had. Jiyeon, well she was still as clingy to Myungsoo. Even more so when Naeun isn’t around.

 

Myong: Come to my block tomorrow after your paper ends. Let’s go watch a movie or something.

Myong: I miss being with you

 

Those two texts really distracted Naeun for a while. She could feel her heart flutter from the moment she saw the notifications on her phone. Those few weeks not hanging out together seemed like forever.

 

 

Next day

Naeun couldn’t wait for the thirty minute mark to pass. She had already finished the paper, but had to wait for a while more before she could hand in the paper.

She stared at the minute hand for a few minutes straight. Once it reaches the minute, she rushed to hand in.

She went to Myungsoo’s block and waited for him. He said he’d be here any minute…

“Naeun ah!” Myungsoo called from behind.

“What took you-”

“Sorry I don’t think I can go out with you today… My group suddenly wants to finish the project by this week… Sorry.”

Naeun’s mood dropped immediately. “…Oh okay. Go then, we’ll head out another time.” she told him, then he ran off to join his group mates, who were at the cafeteria. She eyed Jiyeon and could see a smirk on her face. She felt utterly disgusted and angry.

 

Park Jiyeon… I swear one day I’m gonna get back at you.

 

“Naeun, what are you doing here? I thought you were meeting Myungsoo?”

“He… He has some things to do so…”

“Oh right… Are you waiting for anyone?”

 

Eunji… She doesn’t have exam today so she’s not in campus, probably meeting Sunggyu… Myungsoo- nevermind. Naeun thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter