012 - Progress?

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo wasn’t sure if he heard her correctly. “W-What?”

“Let’s go back.” Naeun said, ignoring his question completely. She didn’t know how she said those words. She was as confused as Myungsoo is. All she knows is that she’s falling for him. She’s not denying it anymore. She can’t. However, she’s scared it might be one sided. She treasures their friendship a lot. She doesn’t want it to be broken.

The road back was awfully quiet. Myungsoo was thankful that the sky was already dark—he was smiling like an idiot and he didn’t want her to see it.

“We’re here-”

“B-Bye.” Naeun cut him off and got off the car immediately. She ran in the apartment, not even turning to say bye again like she would normally do. Myungsoo stared at the figure and grinned. Is it… finally time?

 

Naeun wanted to kill herself for saying those words. They slipped out of her accidentally.

“What happened?” Namjoo asked. She could see her being weird from the moment she stepped in. Naeun shook her head and went into her room. She’s having a semi-mental breakdown.

One, she couldn’t believe she said those words. Two, she knows she had already fell for him. Thirdly, she could notice Jiyeon trying to get closer to Myungsoo for the past few weeks—waiting for him at the cafeteria, watching him play basketball. Fourth, she doesn’t know how their friendship will be now.

“What an idiot…” Naeun mumbled. She decided the only way would be to pretend as if nothing ever happened—then she was reminded of the kiss they had before university started.

 

Does it mean he likes me?... But we’ve been friends for so long… he never said anything…

 

The more Naeun thought, the more confused she got. “Are you okay??” Namjoo asked while knocking on Naeun’s door. “Y-Yea. I am. Just a lil tired today…” She replied.

 

What’s going on…

 

 

 

Myungsoo was freaking happy. He couldn’t believe it. Hearing her say those words means that she does see him as a guy.

 

But it doesn’t necessarily mean that she likes me back… right?

 

Myungsoo was skeptical again. He didn’t want to be carried away, just to be heartbroken again. Especially with the reemergence of Taemin. It’s not actually that great.

 

I’ll need to act as if nothing happened… if not our friendship would go down the drain.

 

He lacked confidence to confess. The fear of their friendship being non-existent was overpowering his confidence. He felt so helpless, so useless. He sometimes wished they’d never be best friends—so he could easily confess without the fear of losing anything.

 

I’m pathetic.

 

 

Next day

They had their elective period first, which meant that Myungsoo and Naeun would be together first thing in the morning. Naeun wanted to avoid that but she also wanted to see him. For some reason when you like someone, you would always want to see the other person.

Naeun felt weird, and even weirder that she’s missing Myungsoo. She’s so used to him but now she’s missing him. She couldn’t control where her heart wants to go.

 

But maybe that’s where I want to be too…

 

“Here.” Myungsoo appeared with an iced Americano as usual. “Thanks.” She replied, not doing her usual jokes. He chuckled. “You’re cute.” He patted her head as they headed to class together.

“You’re crazy.” Naeun told him, while blushing. Myungsoo could see right through her.

“I sure am…” He replied, almost mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter