004 - Tactless

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo looked over to the table at the other end of the cafeteria as he stirred his drink aimlessly. Sungyeol doesn’t even need to turn to know who he was looking at. “It’s been a year…” Sungyeol told him. Myungsoo nodded and took a sip of drink from his straw.

“You still like her?”

Myungsoo ignored the question and continued to drink his beverage. Of course I still do, but what would change… Myungsoo answered in his head. He couldn’t get over her, and doesn’t plan to do so. He’s been with her for at least 12 years by now. It’s not that easy for him to just let go.

 

Woohyun just got his Chorong, Sungyeol and Namjoo are still going strong, Naeun has her boyfriend and I’m here hoping for the worst to happen to her so that happiness can come to me. I’m such a bastard.

 

 

Meanwhile at Naeun and Taemin’s table, she could sense that Taemin wasn’t himself lately. He’s been very weary of Myungsoo, and often avoids eye contact with Krystal. He hasn’t been hanging out with Krystal as often too.

“You okay?” Naeun asked Taemin who was staring into space. “U-Uh? Yea I’m fine. Why’d you say that?”

“You haven’t been yourself since last week… It’s weird.”

“Oh really?...I think it’s just stress. We’re nearing the date of our CSAT right?”

Naeun nodded to his reply although she knew that it was just made up. She could feel the distancing relationship between them.

 

What’s happening?...

 

 

After school

“Myung!” Naeun tapped him on his back as he was walking along the hallway. “Yea?”

“Go shopping with me.” Myungsoo’s heart fluttered unknowingly when he heard those words. He felt like her momentary boyfriend when she said that. But he tilted his head and gave her a confusing look. “Me? Why not your Taemin? Or the girls?”

“He’s having dance lessons and the girls are having extra lessons. Besides, I need a guy’s opinion.”

Myungsoo then realized that the shopping trip was for Taemin. She wanted to buy something for Taemin.

They reached the mall near their school and walked around to try to find something for Taemin. “Ah!” Naeun had a sudden thought and grabbed Myungsoo’s wrist to pull him into an IT store. It made him go frenzy. The fact that she’s dating Taemin made him appreciate their times together even more. Another guy in her life means one of them must make way for the other. In Naeun’s case, she’s been spending lesser time with Myungsoo and more with Taemin, as what he expected.

“Should I buy him a gaming mouse?”

Myungsoo immediately shook his head. “It’s too expensive. Just get him a mouse pad. He said that his was spoilt recently.” He managed to recall things Taemin said when they were gaming at the LAN the night before. Even if it’s for the guy who he wished didn’t exist, he wanted the best for Naeun.

“Awh thanks Myung, you’re the most trustable.” She chuckled and pinched his cheeks.

 

This girl is playing with my feelings too much…you’re cruel.

 

They got the gift and Myungsoo accompanied Naeun to Taemin’s dance academy to wait for him. “I’ll get going. Have fun with your boyfriend keke…” Myungsoo told her. Just as he was about to turn and walk away, she she held him back. “He won’t be done until 30 minutes later… can you just stay for 15 minutes?” Naeun cutely shook Myungsoo’s arm that she was grabbing. He grinned a bit at that sight and nodded. He could never reject her.

Taemin witnessed everything that happened from upstairs in his dance studio. He was raging with anger. He hated seeing Myungsoo so close to Naeun, especially when Naeun is his girlfriend. He couldn’t understand how they can be just friends. He doesn’t trust Myungsoo and their friendship.

Taemin immediately rushed down to Naeun when lessons ended. “N…Naeun…” Taemin said in between breaths. “Did you miss me that much that you ran down to see me?” Naeun cupped her own face and grinned from eye to eye. Taemin’s anger about what happened earlier disappears temporarily upon seeing her, and it also made him more at ease without Myungsoo around.

“By the way, I got a present for you…” Naeun handed over the small bag which had the mouse pad that she bought earlier as they were walking to a nearby shop to eat. Taemin gave her the biggest grin ever. He opened and saw the mouse pad. “How did you know my mouse pad was spoilt? This is perfect omg…” He brought her hand that he was holding to his lips and gave a peck.

“Actually Myungsoo told me that.”

Taemin’s face became evidently annoyed at the mention of Myungsoo. The scene he witnessed just a few moments ago made it worse. He stopped walking and turned to face Naeun. “You know I get really jealous when some guy comes too close to you right? And furthermore, when there are unnecessary skinships. Don’t go out with that Myungsoo guy in the future. I don’t trust him.”

Those few sentences really turned Naeun off. She was displeased with what Taemin said. “He’s not just ‘some guy’. He is my friend since I was 7. My best friend. He’s not ‘that Myungsoo guy’. His name is Kim Myungsoo. If you’re going to disrespect my friends like that, I really have no words for you. And I trust him.”

“Wow, so I’m the bad one here? Hey, I saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter