-Five-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri held onto the stick firmly as she examined and stared at the double red lines with many thoughts passing through her mind. Yunho said the success rate is only 50%, but it really happened. For the past three weeks, she had been waiting for the news that could lift up halmeoni's spirit but to no avail and she thought it was bound to be a failure; Sehun oppa can be together with her older sister with a peace of mind. However, the nausea from past few days had been disturbing her and she decided to confirm her suspicions by buying a pregnancy kit. Everything has been confirmed - Jinri is pregnant. 

Sitting on the bed, she continued to stare at the kit, as if the lines would disappear if she continues to stare. Indeed, in the beginning, she was praying for a success so that she can fulfill halmeoni's wishes. But things have changed, with her sister's condition, she can't decide which is important; fulfilling grandma's wishes or protecting her sister and Sehun oppa's happiness. 

Jinri clenched onto the pregnancy kit tightly in her hand. She walked to wardrobe and opened it, hiding the pregnancy kit somewhere deep in her memory box.

"I am sorry halmeoni."

Jinri has chosen the latter.

 

Baekhyun gulped as he held up the shiny needle. The group of interns gave him moral support and encouragements as they knew their friend has a phobia of needles. Nurse son raised her brow as she observed the intern.

"Baekhyun, you are the one who is going to conduct the injection and not the one being injected. You have to be stable and control your fear," Nurse Son said sternly.

Nodding his anxiously, Baekhyun turned to his patient, who is just a elementary kid that could be easily hurt if he doesn't do it properly.

"Fighting Baek!" His friends whispered.

Mustering all his courage, Baekhyun raised the little girl's arm and after disinfecting, he positioned the silver needle against her skin and aimed for her vein. Carefully, he injected the needle into her vein. Instead of crying, the little girl flashed a toothless grin. Everyone heaved in relief and Nurse Son's lips curled subtly.

"I did it!!" Baekhyun exclaimed to the nurse and his friends, while his friends gave him a thumbs-up, "I did it!!"

"Good job Baekhyun, keep it up."

The little girl took out a lollipop from her pocket and handed to Baekhyun, leaving Baekhyun in stun, "For you oppa."

Baekhyun felt the boost in his confidence upon seeing the smile on the patient's face. 

 

"Okay to thank you all for your encouragement and support, today's lunch is on me!"

Jaehwn, Yerin, and Jennie cheered and clapped in excitement knowing that Baekhyun is going to treat them lunch.

Baekhyun directed his attention to Jinri, who has been daydreaming and staring into space a lot recently, "Jinri, aren't you going to join us?"

Jinri regained her brooding state and realised that her friends were waiting for her answer.

"Oh I am not coming."

"Why??" Jennie whined and threw her arms around Jinri, "Come with us Jinri!! The annoying Baekhyun is treating us lunch!"

Baekhyun clicked his tongue hearing the adjective that Jennie pieced together with his name. 

"Sorry guys, I am meeting my older sister for lunch today. Tomorrow alright?"

Jennie and Yerin pouted as they failed to convinced her friend. 

"Alright then, see you later Jinri!" Jaehwan waved goodbye and pushed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter