-Nine-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stared at the piece of paper for the longest time in his life. He was still in deep shock after rushing to the hospital with Jongin and Chanyeol. Weeks ago his love left him, now it's something that he didn't know existed was going to be taken away from him. 

"Sehun, hurry up and sign the form, there isn't much time left! Both Jinri and the baby are in danger!! It's even more life threatening that Jinri is five months into pregnancy, it can't drag any longer," Yunho rushed Sehun, even though he knew that this was a difficult decision to make. Afterall this is between life and death. 

"C-Can't you try to save b-both?" Sehun was trembling as he asked. He was afraid of making any decision. 

"I try, but in any case if I have to keep Jinri's life and stop the bleeding, I have to take the baby away," Yunho explained. 

Although Sehun had no idea that Jinri was pregnant with his child, he didn't want his child to be taken away. But in the end, he had no choice but to proritise Jinri's safety so he signed the form.

"Make sure they are both safe and sound," Sehun said to Yunho before he nodded and went into the operating theatre. 

"Jinri is pregnant and none of us knew about it..." Chanyeol still can't accept the fact that Jinri, whom he sees as his younger sister, was pregnant and he was so not observant about it. He started to berate himself internally.

Jongin scoffed, "So much for us being called doctors..." His heart hurt to know that Jinri must be in agony inside the operating theatre. He prays that everything will go smoothly, as he knows that Jinri would sacrifice her own life for the baby and that's something he doesn't want it to happen. Jongin's vision got directed to the dishevelled guy and unknowingly his hand curled into a fist. In a fit of pique, Jongin charged towards Sehun and grabbed his collar, pulling his body up, "This is your fault Oh Sehun! The woman, whom you blamed Joohyun's death on, is now at life danger and is fighting for a chance of survival! Are you happy right now she could die any moment??"

"Jongin! Let go!" Chanyeol pushed the boys apart and Sehun fell back on to the bench.

Jongin was wrong, Sehun has never wanted Jinri dead. He never wanted such thing to happen to Jinri even though he blamed Jinri for Joohyun's car accident previously because deep in his heart, he knew it wasn't Jinri's fault and he was just finding an outlet to vent his anger and frustration on. As if Jongin's accusation wasn't enough, halmeoni, who had heard of the incident from Wendy and arrived at the hospital, gave Sehun a tight slap on his face. 

"You look at what type of person you have become after Joohyun left!!" Grandma lashed, "You are so selfish! Why would I have such a selfish grandson like you? If anything happens to Jinri or my grandchild, I am not going to forgive you."

 

The bright lights and white washed walls greeted Jinri the moment she opened her eyes, slowly adapting to the brightness that stinging her eyes. Then, five blurry faces came in to her sight but she soon was able to identify the people. 

"Jinri is awake," Wendy called the rest for attention, "Jinri, how are you feeling?" Wendy asked gently, not wanting to alarm the girl as Jongin and Chanyeol help to adjust the bed.

Halmeoni rushed to clasp Jinri's hand, "Jinri, are you alright?"

The piercing pain in Jinri's head brought a frown to her face as she answered grandma's question, "I am... But why am I in the hospital?"

"You fell from the ladder and the carton landed on your womb," Wendy explained, causing Jinri to widen her eyes in panic, "But don't worry Jinri, Yunho said you are very lucky. Both the baby and you are fine, but you have to take very good care of yourself, eat regularly and go for check ups."

"That's good to hear," Jinri heaved a sign of relief. But her expression changed when she realised the secret that she has been keeping was leaked. She noticed the worried looks on their faces, including Sehun. 

"I am sorry," Jinri mumbled, with her head down, fiddling her fingers. Yunho was right, she was very lucky to be able to keep both the baby and her lives. In most cases, a miscarriage could easily occur. Because she hid that huge secret, she risked her child's life and if anything happens to little plum, she won't be able to forgive herself. Afterall, this is the only chance she could fulfill halmeoni's wishes.

"Do you know worried I was?" Halmeoni teared up, clasping Jinri's hands in between hers tightly, "I am so scared that something happens to you. Jinri, you silly girl, I would never sacrifice your life for my grandchild," she rubbed Jinri's cheeks, her heart aches as she thought of the pain that Jinri has been through earlier on, "I am sorry Jinri, halmeoni was selfish."

Jinri shook her head, "No halmeoni, please do not say that. I shouldn't have kept the secret. If I didn't hide my pregnancy, nothing will happen. Guys," Jinri lifted her heads, "I am really fine. Please do not blame yourself for this incident. It was my carelessness and I promise I will take good care of myself, okay?" Jinri asked for acknowledgements from everyone, including Sehun who was standing behind Chanyeol. 

Sehun met eye contact with Jinri and guilt began to swim into his body again. While he was waiting outside the operating theatre, many thoughts ran across his mind. He figured how he was to blame Jinri for not protecting Joohyun when the car approached Joohyun but she was already pregnant and was protecting the baby in her womb. He recalled his hostility towards Jinri ever since the incident that could harm a pregnant woman's mental and physical health, not to mention his harsh words and the nasty rumours people in the hospital were spreading about Jinri. 

"That person lying inside right now is my girlfriend who is suffering from cancer and doesn't have much time left!!! While a normal healthy person like her decided to leave her sister in lurch when she could have pushed her out of the way!!"

"If anything happens to Joohyun, I will never ever forgive you Choi Jinri."

"She is the reason why Joohyun ended up in the hospital. You want me to marry a selfish person like Jinri?"

"I will never be with someone who hurt my girlfriend."

The more Sehun thinks, the more remorseful he feels. What would Joohyun think of him if she knew everything he had done to her younger sister? 

"Can I have a word with Jinri? Just the two of us."

The others in the ward nodded and despite Jongin's reluctance, Chanyeol dragged him out with him. He feels that the talk between Sehun and Jinri was very much needed, especially when Jinri is now carrying Sehun's child. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter