-Fourteen-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I guess you guys already know what's the purpose of this meeting."

While Baekhyun couldn't contain the excitement, the other four raised their brows at him. He was glad that their internship was finally ending in a week's time and he could finally repay his sleep debt. Wendy extended her hands and her interns handed their final report to her.

"Great, you guys submitted your final reports on time. I will grade them and send them back to your school once I am done. Meanwhile, enjoy your final week here."

"Thank you Nurse Son."

The five of them held a mini celebration among themselves once Wendy disappeared from their sight as they discussed about their pre-graduation plans. 

"I can't believe once this internship ends, we will be graduating and we have to step into the society as working adults!" Yerin exclaimed, "I am not prepared at all!"

"I know right? But first, I need to fall into a coma to recuperate for lack of proper sleep!!" Baekhyun threw his hands in the air as he couldn't wait for the week to end. 

Jennie clasped her hands, "I can finally fork out time to learn baking!"

"Baking?" Baekhyun exclaimed in a mocking manner, "Tell me when you are going to bake, I will get the fire department to standby."

Baekhyun earned a slap on the shoulder from Jennie for making mean remarks. 

"Ahem."

The familiar voice that Jinri knew like the back of her hand interrupted the interns' discussion. They all spun around to see the uninvited guest and they quickly bowed as Sehun's face greeted them.

Sehun cleared his throat before asking, "Are you guys done with work?" 

All of them nodded their heads except Jinri who was still taken aback to see him in the hospital as she was aware that he was given a one-day off after the long operation. 

"Then may I borrow Jinri for the night?" Sehun asked politely.

Yerin and Jennie were in fan girl mood upon seeing Sehun's mannerism. Plus, his good looks had managed to charm the girls all the way to their hearts. 

"Sure! You have take her and keep her for as long as you want!" Yerin teased and pushed Jinri towards Sehun. Jinri lost her footing but thankfully, Sehun caught her body just in time. 

Jinri's cheeks were burning as her friends kept teasing Sehun and her. Then, she felt a huge hand slipped into hers and held it tightly. She lifted her head to look at Sehun, who was more than a head taller than her, with slightly opened. Sehun noticed her blushing cheeks and he had to bite the inside of his cheeks to prevent his smile from showing out. He reached for her tote bag and carried for her, causing another fluttering feeling to bubble inside of Jinri. Being tender, Sehun walked away from the interns, with his hand still tightly wrapped around Jinri's hand. 

"Have fun dating!!" Jennie hollered.

Baekhyun clicked his tongue and jabbed Jennie's waist, causing her to yell in pain. 

"What the hell Byun Baekhyun!!"

"Why did you send Jinri into the wolf's trap?"

"Dr Oh isn't a wolf and even if he is a wolf, he is a much better guy than you!!"

Jennie stormed away, palm rubbing the injured area.

"I think we should try to give Dr Oh a chance," Jaehwan remarked, earning a snort from Baekhyun. Baekhyun was upset that all his friends were beginning to support the Sehun and Jinri ship while he remained adamant on the Jongin and Jinri ship. He didn't think Sehun deserve Jinri but at the same time, as much as he detests, Sehun is undeniably the father of the child.

 

It feels weird to be having dinner with Sehun at such romantic setting. Jinri kept taking glances at Sehun as she wondered why was Sehun doing all these, furthermore, they are not even dating. Sehun passed the menu back to the waitress and took a sip of water to realise Jinri has been exceptionally quiet. 

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah," Jinri nodded, "Why do you ask that?"

"You are unusually quiet..." 

"Oh, I am just curious what's up with you today? Fetching me from hospital, bringing me to a fancy restaurant..."

Sehun took another sip of water, "Nothing special, I realise I haven't really brought you out for a proper meal and we haven't gotten anything for little plum, let's go shopping after dinner."

Although Sehun still had his poker face on, he was ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter