-Eight-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fragrance of the pink tulips were long gone. The petals had turned brown and the leaves had dried up, with mild odour of rotting stem emitting from the vase. Joohyun loves flowers, especially pink tulips. Sehun promised to buy her a bouquet of fresh tulips everyday but it has been two weeks since he had done that. Sehun has been sitting at the same corner of his bedroom, hugging the photo frame consisting of a photograph of him and the love of his life, just like a dust covered candle settling next to the vase. Joohyun loves the smell of aromatic candles as well, but it hasn't been touched since she was gone. The flowers have withered, Sehun's stubble beard has grown, and Joohyun is never ever coming back home.

"Joohyun...I miss you..." Sehun sobbed.

The subtle knocks on the door were ignored but the guest still came in uninvited. Jinri sighed looking at the awful state of one of the most renown doctor in Korea. Aside Sehun, and other acquaintances, another person that felt just as terrible and miserable for losing her only kin is Jinri. Jinri had locked herself in her room for a few days, neglecting her health and baby, and if it wasn't for Jongin and her intern clique, she wouldn't have come out of her room and finally eat a proper meal. Although there was still devastation everytime she thinks of her sister, since she had promised her sister to live well, she will fulfill her promise. Another promise that she has to fulfill is to take care of Sehun. 

"Sehun oppa, you need to eat something..." Jinri carried the tray of food that the housekeeper had prepared into the room but as usual, Sehun ignored her. 

After putting the tray of food on his table, Jinri squatted next to Sehun and sighed at the number of crushed cans on the ground. She really hopes that Sehun would pick himself up as she knows her older sister wouldn't want to see him like that but she doesn't know how to help. Just when Sehun picked up another can in attempt to pour the alcohol into his mouth, Jinri snatched the can away from her.

"Sehun oppa! Stop drinking!"

Sehun growled and glared at Jinri, "Get lost, it's none of your business," he managed to snatch the can of beer back.

"Please stop drinking," Jinri begged but Sehun continued to turn a deaf ear to the girl.

In a fit of pique, Jinri smacked the can away from the drunk guy, causing Sehun to lose his grip and the can to spill its content. 

"What the hell are you trying to do??" Sehun yelled and pushed Jinri away harshly, "You are such a nuisance!"

Jinri landed on the ground with a thud, she placed her hand over her womb as she felt slight pain and discomfort. Jinri had only started to regain her appetite recently and her weak body couldn't handle any violent movement. Sehun who was intoxicated had complete zero awareness of his surroundings. The girl shut her eyes in pain and let out a couple of deep breaths to stabilise herself before the pain gradually subsided. 

"Sehun oppa..." Jinri called gently.

Sehun opened his eyes and gave Jinri a quick glance before he stared into space again. He let out a deep breath.

"I miss Joohyun...terribly..." 

Tears spilled. The said man broke down once again. Cautiously, Jinri approached Sehun and put her arms around his head to let him lie in her embrace comfortably. She thought he would push her away but instead, he grasped onto her arm and cried. Jinri couldn't help but to feel emotional as well; she could totally understand how he felt because she misses her older sister badly too. Gone were the days where the apartment was filled with the sisters' laughter. It was loneliness and emptiness now. 

 

"How's Sehun?"

Jinri closed the door gently, then turned to the concerned grandma with a smile, "Sehun oppa is asleep. He probably didn't sleep well for the past few days," she gave grandma a comforting embrace, "Halmeoni, don't worry, I am sure Sehun oppa will recover and return back to his usual self soon."

Grandma nodded, "Thank you Jinri. I am so sorry for Sehun's behaviour that day. He said some harsh words to you yet you didn't hold any grudges..."

"Halmeoni," Jinri cut her off, "It's okay. I am sure Sehun oppa doesn't mean it."

 

The break was over. Jinri finally reported back for work. Her worried friends were so glad about her return and delighted to reunite as the usual five again, even Nurse Son, who rarely smiled, was pleased to have her intern back, safe and sound. She walked past Sehun's room intentionally and worries began to surface to see the lights in his office off. 

"Looking for Sehun?" Jongin asked when he encountered Jinri outside his pat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter