-Ten-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was satisfied from watching Jinri eating the nutritious lunch he made heartily. As he knows how much of nutrition a pregnant woman should intake, Jongin prepared a plain and healthy meal in case her stomach churns at the smell of oily food. 

"Oppa, you are so good at cooking!" Jinri stuffed the food into as she commented.

"Glad you like that. You need to eat a lot, you are too skinny for a pregnant woman."

Ever since the first time when Jongin met Jinri at Sehun's house, he had unexplainable feelings towards the girl. He has the urge to protect and take care of the girl, as if she was his younger sister. It was only recently, he confirmed that his feelings wasn't just platonic. His heart ached so badly when he saw her crying badly, and he wished to punch every single person who spreads nasty rumours about her. Jongin had a crush on her since long time ago. 

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Jinri asked, feeling a little uncomfortable at the constant staring from the male.

"Jinri, what do you think of me?"

Jinri thought Jongin was just trying to but she couldn't find any hint of playfulness on his face. He was dead serious about that question. What should she reply? 

"You are amazing Jongin oppa," Jinri answered, "You are nice and caring. Almost every female species in the hospital wants to date you!" She giggled.

Jongin placed his hand on top of Jinri's, "What about you? Do you want to date me?"

Shock was an understatement. Jinri was completely taken aback by the sudden confession because she has never thought that Jongin would have a crush on her. She thought what he felt for her was just the love shared among siblings. She looked into Jongin's brown orbs as he anticipates the answer. 

"Oppa, I-"

"Sup guys!!" 

Jinri's words was cut of by a loud human entering the ward and she quickly retrieved her hand. She didn't know she felt a huge relief when Chanyeol disrupted their moment. 

"Yah Kim Jongin! Aren't you too biased?? You made bento for Jinri but what about me and Sehun??" Chanyeol complained like a child.

"Stop acting like a child hyung!" Jongin was annoyed by the disruption. Based on Jinri's troubled expression, Jongin was sort of able to predict her answer and his heart sank. 

Sehun noticed the awkwardness between Jinri and Jongin and he wondered what happened before they entered the ward. 

 

Being cooped up in the ward for the past few days, Jinri decided to take a stroll at the park as she felt the need for some fresh air outside. Jinri would describe herself as someone active and she loves going out and keeping herself occupying; being trapped in the ward made her feel miserable. Now that she was out breathing in fresh air, her spirits got lifted up instantly. Just as she was strolling, she saw a kid jumping up and down, as if trying to reach for something up in the tree even though it was beyond his reach. 

"Hey little boy, what are you trying to reach for?" Jinri looked up the tree to spot any unusual objects.

"My shuttle got stuck in the leaves," the kid was on the verge of crying as he couldn't reach for his thing. 

Jinri pat the kid's head to comfort him, "It's okay, noona will get for you. Could you lend me your badminton racket?"

The kid passed his racket to Jinri and Jinri tried to reach for the shuttle with it. Even with Jinri's height, she could not reach for it so she jumped, hoping to reach for the shuttle . This time she tip toed and placed her palm on the tree truck to balance herself. 

"Come on..." Jinri muttered, feeling a little breathless from the jumping. 

Jinri then felt a palm resting on her waist and a shadow towering over her from behind, taking the badminton racket from her grip, and reaching for the sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter