-Twenty Five: Jongin's special-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin made his way into the hospital with his head hung lowly, avoiding making eye contact with anyone who walked past him and greeted him, as if trying to hide from someone. Indeed, he was hiding from that someone who was currently having a conversation with the girl he used to love. He muttered a curse under his breath and turned his body hurriedly to take the opposite direction so he wouldn't need to be stuck in awkward situation, but fate just doesn't obey him. 

"Jongin oppa!"

He swore but still turned around, covering his lousy attempt to escape from the girls. Jongin walked towards them and he saw the person he was trying to avoid shifted her gaze to elsewhere except him. She was feeling as awkward as him.

"Hey Jinri," Jongin greeted, "Hey...Soojung."

"Hi," Soojung mumbled. 

"Are you here to look for Soojung eonni?" Jinri asked in her chirpy voice, "I was just consulting her regarding to some work related stuff but we are done, you can have he-"

"Oh no," Jongin cut, "I happened to walk past," He saw the disappointed expression on the face of the girl carrying his child. 

Jinri narrowed her eyes at Jongin. Everyone had persuaded Jongin to confront Soojung and talk to her about her pregnancy but Jongin was clearly not heeding it, instead, he avoided the girl as much as he can. But it was hard at the same time because he felt guilt consuming him. 

"Then can I talk to you?" Jinri asked, with her arms folded. 

 

"When are you going to stop avoiding Soojung eonni?"

Jinri was angry because the Jongin she knew isn't an irresponsible one. 

"You got to face the music!!" 

"I know!" The pregnancy has never stopped bothering Jongin ever since the day he knew about it and his friends are not giving him a peace of mind, which is not helping him to make a decision, "But what do you want me to do?? I don't want to hurt her!!"

Jinri sighed. She knew the built-up pressure from the people around him are really stressing him out.

"I just hope you make the right decision so you won't live in regret. Remember how you took care of me when I was pregnant? You should do the same to the woman that is carrying your flesh now. Are you sure you are not interested in Soojung eonni? You wouldn't have let the one night stand happened if you don't feel the same way as her."

"I was drunk," Jongin emphasised, "I didn't know what I was doing."

"That's not an excuse. Don't disappoint me okay, Jongin oppa?"

 

A trait that Jongin likes about Jinri is her determination and perseverance. Once she sets her mind on a goal, she works doubly hard to achieve the results she wants. If she was serious about making Jongin talks to Soojung, she made sure that happens, which Jongin began to question if that was a really trait that he used to admire. Aside the usual clique, Jongin was surprised to see Soojung at their table. They were all laughing until Soojung's eyes set on Jongin and the laughter died down immediately. Jinri knew who was the one that caused such a drastic change in mood. Releasing a sigh, Jongin approached them with his tray.

"Why are you taking so long!" Sehun asked. 

Soojung placed her drink down, "Hey Jinri, thanks for inviting me to join you guys for lunch. I will get going first, lots of things to be done you know!"

"Huh but wa-"

Jinri clicked her tongue at the disappearing figure as she shot death glare at Jongin. 

"Dude, you can't run away from this anymore," Chanyeol advised. 

"I know, will you guys just stop bugging me over it?" 

As Jongin tucked into his meal, he realised Soojung had barely touched her lunch as her tray was still full and his appetite seemed to vanish too.

 

Later in the evening, Jongin received a text from Soojung. She had asked him to meet at the rooftop and he decided that he has to stop running away from reality and make a decision that will not hurt any party. 

"Hey," He greeted the figure facing the view.

Jongin realised that Soojung rarely smiles to him nowadays. He felt like an for causing the beautiful smile on her face to disappear. She was chatterbox around him, but now everything has changed. If only he was sober enough that night to stop the mistake from happening. 

"I know you have been avoiding me ever since you know I am carrying your child."

Jongin remained in silence to let her continue whatever she planned to say. He felt a lump in his throat. It doesn't take a fool to tell that Jongin was avoiding Soojung.

"At first I thought you would be willing to take the responsibility because you are a kind and great man," She laughed bitterly, "I know you are shocked from the news. Afterall, we are not in a relationship to begin with. But resorting to avoiding me was kind of hurtful, isn't it Jongin?"

Guilt surfaced again. Jongin wished he wasn't the great man that she had pictured because it only made him feel ever tier for not making a decision.

"I am sorry. I was a jerk."

"You can tell me straight that you didn't want to take the responsibility. I can u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter