-One-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blossom arrived like cake frosting on the trees in delicious creams and pinks. The petals burst out from lower down the branches leaving the tips still in tight bud. Spring has arrived, melting the white coat of snow and the glow of the sun lit up the city gradually. Silence enveloped the humongous mansion as Jinri stepped in. The housekeeper noticed her presence, she gave a slight bow and same does Jinri. 

"Is halmeoni in the study room?"

"Yes Jinri agashi, she has been waiting for your arrival."

Nodding her head politely, Jinri made her way to the study room, which was situated next to the master bedroom at the second level. Jinri remembered, it's halmeoni's favourite place, because the smell of the books reminded halmeoni of her deceased husband. It was fond memories. Knocking the door gently, Jinri heard a permission to enter from the other side of the door. Her hand reached for the door knob and turned the silver metal. 

"Halmeoni," Jinri greeted, then she noticed the presence of the guy whom she looked up to a lot. 

Oh Sehun. The Ace kid; the role model that everyone looked up to; the handsome and young looking lad; her older sister's boyfriend; her childhood playmate.

"Jinri?" Sehun called out in shock, curious as to why his grandmother had called the two of them. 

"Take a seat Jinri."

Jinri pulled out the wooden chair and sat next to Sehun. 

Halmeoni let out a deep sigh before she revealed her purpose of calling them here. It was hard to begin, but she knew she got to do it.

"21 years ago, your grandfather and his team had worked on a way to modify genes for a better future generation. It's where we installed a set of customised genes into the embryo so that we can create a what we known as 'perfect baby'. It was your grandfather's last wish, and also my wish, to find the perfect match for Sehun."

She took a look at her grandson and Jinri to see frowns and questioning looks on their faces.

"Many tests have been done to find variety of matches, and we finally confirmed the best match for Sehun," Grandma shot Jinri a stern look, "Jinri, you are the perfect match to Sehun."

"What?" Jinri's jaw dropped at the revelation. 

"I know it's hard to believe but it's true. In order to fulfill the last wish of your grandfather. I would like the two of you to get married."

"No way," Sehun objected immediately, "Isn't that absurd? Why do you guys have to determine who I should spend the rest of my life with using such method? You mean perfect genes should be the only factor in considering a partner? What about love and happiness? Should they be sacrificed for all the nonsense you and grandpa planned?"

"Oh Sehun!" Halmeoni raised her voice, "Is that how you should talk to me?"

"Halmeoni, there is no way I am going to obey."

"That's your grandfather's last wish, and also mine. Are you going to neglect your grandparents for Choi Joohyun?" Halmeoni's hand was placed on her chest as she winced at the pain forming at her chest area. Jinri rushed to attend halmeoni.

Sehun loves his grandparents and he has a huge respect for them. When his parents passed away in a car accident, it was the two of them who brought him up, even though his grandfather passed away due to a when he first attended elementary school. He was caught in between, he has lost all his love ones and even his grandmother's health was beginning to deteriorate as she ages, he can't afford to lose his grandmother. But that would mean that he had to break up with Joohyun and obey his grandparents' arrangement. 

"Is there any room for negotiation? If I agreed to your plan, then can I state a condition?"

"What is it?"

"Since there isn't a 100% guaranteed success, we will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter