-Sixteen-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, aside Jinri, halmeoni was behaving like a ecstatic child when she saw the couple entering the mansion with their hands locked together. She immediately talked about marriage preparation, causing Jinri to blush like a tomato again, while Sehun explained that they are taking things slowly for now. 

"You two should share a room!" Halmeoni hollered.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at his grandma while Jinri looked at her feet shyly, "Halmeoni..." Sehun hissed. 

Halmeoni giggled like a teenage girl, "Alright alright, have a good rest."

Sehun led Jinri back to her room and she thanked him for the night. 

"I am really touched by everything you said," Jinri mumbled shyly, with her eyes casting down at her feet again. 

"Goodnight Jinri," Sehun placed his palm on Jinri's stomach, "Goodnight little plum. Don't kick eomma okay?"

Just when Sehun spun to make his way to his room, Jinri grabbed his wrist, halting him. Sehun raised his brow and asked her what's the matter. Without a single word, Jinri tiptoed and gave Sehun a peck on his cheeks. Her cheeks turned red as her lips threatened to curl into a smile. Sehun was a little taken aback but his heart fluttered at that action of hers. 

"Goodnight Sehun," Jinri said before she rushed back into her room as she was feeling so embarrassed over the kiss she gave.

 

News of Sehun and Jinri together spread really quickly in the hospital building the moment some nurses caught Sehun holding Jinri's hand voluntarily as they walked in from the carpark. The doctors who had worked with Sehun and his interns felt that he was less aloof; Chanyeol and Wendy realised the smile that he used to have when he was with Joohyun returned. This was all because of Jinri. 

"I see a new born couple huh," Chanyeol teased, "I wonder when's our turn," he sneaked his arm around Wendy's shoulder and the girl flinched with an annoyed expression painted on her face. 

"I am happy for you two," Wendy congratulated.

"We are not like officially official," Jinri quickly clarified, "We are..." Jinri couldn't find the right word to describe their relationship. Indeed, Sehun had asked to give him more time and he was coping very well with his daddy duties but what exactly are they now. Are they a couple? Or are they just friends who are going to raise their son together?

"I know Jinri, that guy is too stubborn to admit his feelings for you," Chanyeol mocked, earning a smack from Sehun.

"Shut up Chanyeol hyung, I can see why Wendy noona doesn't accept you, you are too obnoxious and loud."

 

"How many months pregnant are you?" An elderly asked Jinri as she changed the IV drip for the patient. 

Jinri smiled, "Almost 7 months."

The grandma nodded and flashed an affectionate grin, "Babies are really the joy and blessings of the world, aren't they? Is it a boy or a girl?"

"A boy, halmeoni."

"That's nice, your husband and you must be very excited for his arrival."

Jinri didn't know to reply except to blush at the fact that her patient addressed Sehun as her husband. She does hope that one day they will upgrade to the status of husband and wife. 

 

"I overheard your conversation with Mdm Kim," Jennie wriggled her brows, "She addresses Dr Oh as your husband and you didn't deny, am I hearing wedding bells??"

Jinri swayed her arms, "No!! We are still far from that!"

"Well at least, there is progress," Jaehwan commented, glad that his friend has found her happiness, "I am happy for you Jinri."

"Thanks Jaehwan," Jinri placed her hand on top of his, "I appreciate it."

"Hello, we are happy too," Baekhyun made a mordant remark, "I don't see your appreciation towards us!!"

"Come on Baek, stop being a child," Jennie shoved the spoon that Baekhyun was holding into his own mouth, "Just eat quietly okay!"

"It's double happiness!" Yerin clasped her hands, "Our internship is ending today and Jinri has found her true love! These call for a celebration!!"

Baekhyun snarled, with his eyes rolled to the back of his eyes, "Oh please, Jinri and I are extending our internship, what is there to celebrate? Speaking of that, you guys are really some friends huh!!"

Jinri laughed. Wendy had asked the clique if they have any interest in extending their internship and Jinri has gladly accepted because...you know the reason...she wishes to work with Sehun in the same building. While the rest have declined for their personal plans, Baekhyun had decided to sacrifice himself for a better world.

"I am sorry Baek I have signed up for baking class."

"I have agreed to help my parents with their laundry shop since they are shorthanded," Yerin said sadly. 

Jaehwan patted Baekhyun's shoulder, "It's alright Baek, we have faith in your skills and you will play a major role in the industry as an A* nurse."

Smirking, Baekhyun swiped his fringe, showing off his good looks, "Yes you are right, many ajummas love me."

For the fact that Baekhyun had volunteered to stay because no one else could, Jennie decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter