-Twelve-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri followed behind Sehun like a little puppy. A while ago she was still at her hostel resting, the next moment Sehun had dragged her out and made her move into Oh's mansion. Sehun who was walking behind took little peek behind at Jinri, he noticed the tote bag and another bag with basic necessities hooked around her arm so he halted his footsteps in order for the girl to catch up with him. Jinri raised her brows at him. Sehun reached out for the bags and took them from her, leaving Jinri in stunned again, but this time with a skip in her heartbeat. Her lips curled up unknowingly. 

"Why are you doing this?" Jinri asked, pacing up to catch up with the guy. 

"What?"

"All these," Jinri shrugged, "You don't have to."

Sehun paused and took a good look at the girl. This girl has been in his life since he was an adolescent. They played together, ate together, and sometimes he would help her with her school work. To think about it, Sehun had spent almost the entire of his childhood with this girl who is currently pregnant with his kid. She has grown up well. She is bubbly. She has a great personality too. But sadly, she isn't Joohyun, the woman that he will never stop loving. 

"I want to be part of our child's life."

Jinri's heart fluttered. He said our.

"Oh," Jinri replied.

"So for the next few months, I will do my part as the father of the child. It's only right for me to take responsibility and take care of you and our son."

It's such a simple statement but Jinri felt really touched to hear that. It felt really nice that there is a male figure to take care of her and her baby. 

"Whatever that will happen in the future, we will leave it till then. For now, let's just focus on the present, and that's to ensure you have good health and a smooth pregnancy."

"Thank you," Jinri mumbled, "And I am sorry."

Sehun knitted his brows, "For what?"

"For dragging you into this whole pregnancy thing. I was in a huge dilemma, I was hoping to get pregnant so I can fulfill halmeoni's wishes, but at the same time, I didn't want to because of-"

"Because of Joohyun and me?" Sehun interrupted. 

Jinri nodded as she hung her head low.

"So I just want to apologise."

Sehun looked at her in disbelief. How silly of her to apologise for something that is beyond her control.

"It's not your fault Jinri," Sehun chuckled, something that Jinri hasn't hear for a long time, "Let's go home, you don't want the baby to catch a cold, do you?"

Jinri caressed her slightly protruding stomach, "You know, I called it Little Plum," she pointed her womb to Sehun.

"Little Plum?" Sehun questioned, letting out another chuckle, "Why?"

"Because I have been craving for sour plums ever since I was pregnant. Therefore the name!"

Sehun smiled at Jinri, he made a wish mentally; he wished that Jinri would always be happy and never let that smile disappear. 

 

"Do you know much we miss you???"

Yerin and Jennie squeezed Jinri together for a tight hug. It has been so long since the clique is completed. 

"Hey hey hey! Don't hurt the pregnant woman!" Baekhyun pushed the girls away, "You guys are squashing her! Her baby won't be able to breathe!"

Jinri laughed when Jennie smacked Baekhyun for disrupting their group hug. She missed all the laughter and gossiping with her friends and she couldn't be any more glad to be back. 

"Welcome back," Jaehwan put his arm around Jinri's shoulder and gave her a quick hug. 

"Where is mine??" Baekhyun pouted. Jinri rolled her eyes but she opened her arms to embrace the guy and his face lit up immediately.

"I am sorry for making you guys worry," Jinri said in slight embarrassment. 

Jennie groaned, "Oh please Jinri, it's not your fault! Don't think too much alright? Now the baby is more important! And of course your health."

The rest nodded in agreement.

"Anyway, shouldn't you update us about your relationship with Dr Oh Sehun?"

Baekhyun squeezed himself to the front to hear what was Jinri was going to say upon hearing the question from Jennie. 

"Yeah Jinri!!" Baekhyun exclaimed, "He sent you to work this morning!! Are you guys living together?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter