-Twenty-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did our Jinri and little plum sleep well last night?"

Halmeoni rubbed Jinri's tummy and spoke affectionately to the mother and fetus. Jinri smiled, even though she woke up with a weird feeling swirling in her. 

"Just feeling a little nauseous when I woke up," Jinri said, patting her chest to relieve the nausea.

Halmeoni giggled, "Already missing Sehun?" She asked in a teasing manner but Jinri didn't know she mean by that, "You don't know?" she asked as she noticed the confusion all over Jinri's face.

Jinri shook her head.

"Sehun joined the medical team to Cambodia for voluntary work for three weeks. Didn't he inform you?"

Shaking her head, Halmeoni gave Jinri a sympathetic look, "That brat, how could he not tell you? Did you guys fight?"

Before Jinri could make any verbal response, she charged towards the bathroom and vomited. Halmeoni followed behind as she looked at the girl in worry. After Jinri vomited, her stomach felt better but her heart was still aching and empty. It has dawned on her that Sehun had decided to join the medical team on a medical mission at Cambodia without telling her. Tears rolled as halmeoni hugged her.

"What's wrong Jinri?"

Jinri did not reply. Instead, she sobbed and cried in the arms of halmeoni. She misses Sehun already. She thought she would be okay knowing that Sehun had left for Cambodia but she was wrong. She realised how frightened and lonely she felt without him being around her, even though they have been avoiding each other for the past few days. 

Why did Sehun leave without informing her? She thought things would get better between the two of them after the apologies he made last night, but why did he leave of all a sudden?

 

"It's strange. Dr Oh wasn't part of the Cambodia medical trip, why did he change his mind suddenly?"

"Beats who. Poor Jinri, she is due soon and I can't believe Dr Oh is leaving her alone at this moment."

"I know right."

Irene, who overheard the conversation, ditched her work and headed to the department where Jinri belongs.

 

"You sure you okay?" Baekhyun placed his arm around Jinri and rubbed her body to comfort her.

Jinri nodded, "Yeah, don't worry okay?"

Although Baekhyun wasn't very convince, he didn't want to add on unnecessary stress for her as it's not good for a pregnant woman that is giving birth anytime.

"Let me know if you need anything alright? I am always here."

"Thanks a lot Baekhyun. I am grateful for you."

Just then, the arrival of Irene caused the smile on Baekhyun's face to disappear. Jinri noticed the change in his expression after looking whatever that is behind her. She turned around and was surprised to see Irene standing there, with her usual sweet smile. 

"Can I have a moment with you Jinri?" She asked politely.

Baekhyun frowned, "Go away ."

Jinri gasped and covered Baekhyun's 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter