-Eighteen-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shock was an understatement. Everyone thought the girl walking beside Sehun was Joohyun and they couldn't believe that she isn't because they looked identical.

"How much of resemblance do I share with...Joo..."

"Joohyun?" Sehun chuckled at her weak attempt in pronouncing a Korean name, "You are like the replica of her and you can be easily mistaken as her twin sister," Sehun took out his phone from the pocket of his coat, "I have photos as evidences."

Irene's jaw dropped as she saw the photos, "No way!" She snatched the phone over from Sehun and examined the girl, "We really look the same!!"

Sehun nodded with a told ya look.

"Did my father, perhaps, have an illegitimate child outside?" Irene joked, and Sehun was amused by her joke. Indeed, afterall, Joohyun and Irene are two different people. 

"Won't you feel weird to work with me?" Irene asked in curiosity, "I looked like your deceased girlfriend afterall. And is Jinri okay with it?"

Sehun can't deny that was one of the concerns that was keeping him up the entire night. He is worried that Jinri might mind all these arrangements but he believes that Jinri is understanding and she would be able to understand that is part of his job. 

"I have talked to her, she will understand."

 

Jinri admired her bento in excitement. She woke up early this morning to prepare lunch for both Sehun and herself and she can't wait to see Sehun's reaction at the taste of her handmade food. 

"Is that for me?" Baekhyun poked his head from the behind of Jinri's shoulder as he pointed at the bento.

Jinri rolled her eyes, "Dream on Baek, it's for Sehun oppa."

"Pffft," Baekhyun stomped his feet on the spot, "You are so bias. I am your best friend Jinri! Why don't I get any of it?" Baekhyun whined like a baby.

"Go find a girlfriend then."

Baekhyun gasped dramatically, as if badly hurt by Jinri's words. 

"That's the end of our friendship Jinri. Goodbye."

After her banter with Baekhyun, Jinri carried her bento and made her way to Sehun's office, which she found to be empty. Then she heard laughter emitting from the corridor, she turned her direction to the voices and her heart tugged a little to see Sehun laughing heartily at something Ierne said. It was rare to see Sehun getting along with someone he just knew, and Jinri attributed the reason to the similarity in Irene and her older sister. 

"Hey Jinri!"

Irene called as she noticed Jinri standing outside of Sehun's office. Upon being acknowledged, Jinri walked towards the duo and hid the bento behind her back. 

"What are you doing here?" Sehun's face lit up while he placed his arm around Jinri's shoulder to give her a hug, "Did little plum misbehave?" 

"Nah, I wanted to ask you for lunch..." Jinri said, then she noticed the exchange in glances between Sehun and Irene.

Sehun rubbed her arms, "Hey I am sorry, the doctors are planning to have a welcome lunch for Irene so..."

"It's okay," Jinri shrugged, "I understand." 

"Come with us Jinri!" Irene suggested as she saw the crestfallen expression that Jinri was trying to hide, "I am sure the doctors will be fine with it! Pregnant women comes first!"

"I-"

"Nah, Jinri doesn't know the other doctors there, she will be bored to death."

Before Jinri could reply, Sehun interrupted and declined the offer, resulting a frown on Jinri's face. 

"Then shall we make a move first?" Irene asked, "Bye Jinri, see you in a bit."

Jinri watched the two of them leaving as they were conversing excitedly and endlessly. She sighed.

"Even their backviews look good together..." Jinri mumbled, heart breaking a little.

 

"How can someone look so much like Joohyun but isn't Joohyun at the same time?"

During the meeting with the other senior doctors, Sehun had his eyes glued on the girl while that thought of his surfaced. Even from the way Irene contributed her input at the meeting reminds Sehun so much of his deceased girlfriend. He gulped. He knew he was in deep as his rationality got blurred by the resemblance between Irene and Joohyun. As much as he has Jinri, as much as Irene is his friend's fiancee, a part of Sehun continued to live in denial and even when he knows Irene isn't Joohyun, hanging out with Irene is good enough to make up for his yearn for Joohyun to return back to his side. 

Just then, a notification popped up. Sehun picked up his phone from the table and frowned as he read the content.

"Stop staring at Irene with that loving gaze. Get your together. She isn't Joohyun. You know I will take Jinri away from you if you hurt her."

Sehun lifted his head to see Jongin staring intensely at him. He rubbed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter