-Two-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is the success rate?"

One of the veteran doctors, Yunho, looked through the report of both Sehun and Jinri's health details with a solemn expression. 

"There is a 50-50% chance. As we have not operate it officially, there will be risks."

Sehun frowned, he couldn't comprehend why his grandma would push forward with it when there are complications. As much as his grandma is important to him, he didn't want to hurt the younger sister of his girlfriend. 

"What was Jinri's reaction?" Yunho asked.

"She seems relatively okay about this insane arrangement. That's Jinri's weakness, she can't say no to anyone."

"Have a talk with Jinri. And also Joohyun. Once you are ready, bring Jinri along and we will begin the process."

 

"You seem very distracted today."

Sehun turned to the feminine voice next to him. He smiled upon seeing his girlfriend's face and he planted a kiss on her cheek. 

"How was the surgery?" Sehun could see the lethargy written all over Joohyun's face as he handed her a can of coffee.

Joohyun cracked her knuckles and did some light neck rotation to alleviate her stiff neck, "It was a tough and intense one but I am glad it was a success."

"I always knew you will do in every surgery," Placing his arm around the petite girl, Sehun pulled Joohyun closer as she leaned her head on his chest.

Joohyun grinned, "I always enjoy being with you at the rooftop."

The couple hugged and enjoyed the tranquility. Both of them are not much a talker so they really love the peace and silence, that others might mistake them as an awkward couple. 

"So are you not going to tell me what has been occupying your mind the whole day?"

Sehun was surprised that Joohyun never fails to read his mind easily and even though he was sure that Joohyun ain't gonna take the following news that he is going to reveal well, he can't hide anything from his girlfriend. 

"Grandma talked to Jinri and me today. It is ridiculous so please stay calm alright. Grandma wants Jinri and I to get engaged and she wants to create the perfect baby using our DNA through genetic engineering."

The arms around Joohyun's waist loosened as she stepped further away from Sehun, which hurts Sehun. He quickly tightened his arms around her again.

"Baby, but I negotiated with grandma. If Jinri doesn't get pregnant within 4 weeks, she will have to cancel the arrangement and I will be able to marry whoever I want. You have to believe that you are the only one I want to marry and spend the rest of my life together."

Joohyun's body trembled as a tear escaped her eye. 

"You know what, I won't do it at all. I will tell grandma that whatever she tries to do, I will not comply with her. Baby, please don't cry."

"Sehun," Joohyun grasped on Sehun's coat with her trembling and cold hands, "I need to tell you something as well."

"What is it baby?"

"The chances of me getting pregnant is nearly zero because... I have ovarian cancer."

At that moment, Sehun felt like his whole world stopped spinning and his heart sank to the ground. 

"I don't have much time l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter