-Twenty Six-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you hurry up?"

Sehun rushed down with his son from the second level as soon as possible upon hearing his wife's impatient hollers. She had her hands on her hips and a deep frown etched on her face. 

"Okay okay, we are coming!"

"We are utterly late! The rest are waiting for us!" Jinri stomped her feet, as she cluck her tongue at their tardiness. 

Once the father and son are ready, the family of three left their mansion and headed to the place they would visit once in a year on this fateful day. Upon arrival, they greeted Jongin, Soojung, Chanyeol, Wendy, and their kids. They all made way for the three of them. Jinri placed a bouquet of flowers in front of the tablet and gulped, hoping to hold her tears that can't help to roll down on this very day. 

"Hey eonni, how are you up there?" Jinri asked, caressing her picture as if feeling her sister presence right next to her. 

Sehun placed his arm around her shoulder and smiled to Joohyun, "We miss you a lot Joohyun ah."

It has been four years since Joohyun had passed away but Jinri can never get over the pain of not having her older sister around her. She missed her terribly, especially on the day of her death anniversary. She didn't know the hot tears she was holding in rolled down if it wasn't for Jihoon, who was wiping the tears with his tiny index finger. 

"You okay?" Sehun asked, knowing his wife feels exceptionally nostalgic on this day.

"Yeah," Jinri sobbed, giving him an assuring smile.

 

"She has been emotionally unstable recently! And not to mention the number of times she flared up for no reason or over trivial things, like me playing with my son way past Jihoon's bed time," Sehun complained to Jongin and Chanyeol as they waited for their wives to return back with food. 

"I am going to tell Jinri that you speak ill of her," Soojung stuck her tongue out as she caressed her 32 weeks-old baby sleeping soundly in her womb. 

"I am not talking bad about her, I just can't understand her behaviour recently. She gets really angsty and irritated easily and whenever I try to get intimate with her, she would push me away!" Sehun groaned, "I have my needs too."

Chanyeol burst out laughing, "Aww our Sehunnie is ually frustrated and his wife is not paying attention to him. Maybe she figures you in bed."

Sehun kicked his leg below the table, earning a loud yell from the injured guy.

"Her symptoms seem to fit the symptoms shown by pregnant woman though," Jongin remarked, enlightening Sehun right then. 

Sehun's face brightened up, "Right! That must be the explanation behind her unusual behaviour! How I did not think of that?"

"Maybe you should go back to school and take your medical practitioner test again for being so not observant," Chanyeol roasted Sehun, resulting another physical assualt from the annoyed guy. 

 

"Where are you dragging me to?" Jinri asked in an irritated manner as Sehun appeared out of nowhere to disrupt her work. At first she didn't want to obey her husband's request due to her workload but she still gave in anyway when Sehun claimed that it's an urgent matter. 

Jinri furrowed her brows, "What are we doing at the obstetrics and gynaecology department?"

"We are here for an appointment with Dr Im," Sehun ignored Jinri's question. The nurse nodded before handing a plastic cup to Sehun. 

Sehun turned to his wife, who still has confusion written all over face, "I believe you know what to do with the plastic cup."

"Why are we doing this? I am not pregnant!"

"Baby, you do realise you are showing signs of pregnancy right? Don't you think you have gotten really short-tempered and easily irritated recently?" Sehun explained, patting her head, "Just go ahead and do a test alright? No harm testing."

Jinri, who was being strong headed, still wasn't convinced with her husband's words, which is another sign of pregnancy, quoted from Sehun, "I didn't experience any morning sickness or neither do I feel nauseous! Come on Sehun, I still have lots of things to do! Let's not play anymore!"

Sehun held her shoulder and stared intensely at her, "Listen to me Choi Jinri," Sehun rarely called out her full name and when he does that, it means he is angry, "I believe my instincts. I have also checked the calendar, you missed your previous period," he sighed, lowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter