Prologue

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Constant experiments has been conducted and attempted in technological development in genetic alteration, where the genes in an embryo, combined by egg and , were modified to create the perfect future generation. A set of fixed genes and DNA is customised and installed in designing a 'perfect baby', where the baby produced can be highly intelligent, flawless looking, and free from specific genes of inherited diseases. 

Year 1996

"Sir, do you think that's a good idea? It comes with complication if the experiment fails."

A man in white coat took off his mask as he approached the director of the hospital, who was also wearing a coat, with his spectacle hanging loosely on his nose bridge. The frowning lines on his forehead was visible while he turned to look at the 5 year-old boy, who was sitting obediently and playing with his toy car at the couch in his office. Worries surfaced, but all he wanted was just the best for his grandson who had lost his parents in a car accident few months ago.

"My wife and I want the best for Sehun. We need to give him the best, especially after losing his parents."

The boy who had zero idea what the adults were talking about lifted his head and waved to his grandfather. The man turned his direction to the innocent looking boy with concern written all over his face. As one of the young renown doctors in Seoul National University Hospital, he knew the risk of such medical developments albeit comprehending the love the director had for his grandson. 

"Have you found the girl?"

"Yes, among all the babies who were born here and children visited here for medical consultation, we have tested for their genes discreetly and we have found the perfect match for Sehun," the young doctor handed an envelope containing the details of the girl to the director, "She was born a week ago, her name is Choi Jinri."

"Choi Jinri..." The director scanned the result and grinned, "When the girl reaches 21, we will conduct germ line engineering to the two of them. Meanwhile, continue to work on the developments, I don't want any mishap to happen to my grandson, try to minimise the risks. I only trust you Yunho and that's my last wish. Please help me to fulfill it."

"Yes Director Oh, I will not disappoint you."

 

Year 2003

"Madam, don't you think Sehun and Jinri are a great match?"

Laughter could be heard from the back garden of the white

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter