-Four-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe that! Dr Choi has ovarian cancer?"

"Yeah, that's really shocking," 

"I wonder how's Dr Oh coping? Afterall, I have never encounter any other couples that were as deeply in-love as them."

"Gosh, I look up to Dr Choi a lot. She is a role model and a kind-hearted senior, how could such thing happen to her?"

Once making sure the washroom was clear, Jinri unlocked the latch and dragged her feet out of the cubicle. News of Joohyun suffering from ovarian cancer spread like wildfire in a the forest and were the hot topic of discussion for the past few days, ever since her older sister shared her illness on her social media. She asked for everyone to treat her as per normal and spend everyday with her happily and not in sorrow, which Jinri found it really brave of her sister to do something like that. Unknowingly, Jinri's tears rolled down as she sobbed in silence. She knew that her sister doesn't have much time left and the thought of not being able to see her face everyday frightened her. 

Jinri looked up at the mirror for the reflection of another presence as she felt a pat on shoulder. It was Jennie and Yeri, who had come to lend their shoulders to their friend.

"Maybe there would be miracle and nothing bad will happen to Dr Choi?" Yeri tried to channel her positivity to Jinri, "Jinri, you are the most optimistic among all of us, don't think about all the negative stuff okay?"

"We are here for you Jinri," This time, it was Jennie, who rarely expresses her deep emotions, gave Jinri a pat on the back.

Jinri were thankful for the friends. She pulled them for a hug. Yerin was right, she is always the most optimistic in the group and she shouldn't focus on the bad things. Like what her older sister requested, spend her remaining days with her in happiness and not sadness. 

"Thanks guys. I appreciate that a lot."

"Don't cry anymore alright? Baekhyun and Jaehwan are going to laugh at your crying face."

The girls broke into laughter before pulling in for another group hug.

 

Jinri entered the consultation room with a nervous expression and a fast-beating heart. Yunho acknowledged her appearance and asked her to take a seat opposite him.

"The eggs are fertilised and we should inject them back into your body. Whether the embryo develops into a fetus, it's still up to your body and fate."

"I understand Dr Jung."

"Alright, then shall we begin?" 

Jinri nodded, before she changed into surgery gown. After she changed, Jinri lied on the operation bed and Yunho began to transfer the embryo into Jinri's body by inserting a thin tube into her cervix. Jinri felt a little discomfort and fidgeted at the contact of a foreign object at the lower part of her body. Many things start to run in Jinri's mind as she felt the embryos and fluid entering her body. What if she really get pregnant? Will she have to marry Sehun for real? And what if she doesn't get pregnant, will grandma be disappointed and devastated? Shutting her eyes, Jinri shuts her brain from the thoughts surfacing. Jinri is an optimistic child who always believe all's well ends well, but can she be optimistic this time? 

"Everything will be okay Jinri."

 

During lunch, Jinri spotted her group of friends at the usual table. Yerin noticed Jinri and she waved for her to join them excitedly. Just then, she caught another table spreading loud laughter around the cafeteria. It was a male doctor that was sharing the same table with her older sister, Sehun, Jongin, and Chanyeol, and other doctors. Jinri smiled, at least there are many good people surrounding her older sister, bringing laughter and joy to her everyday. 

"Hurry up Jinri! Nurse Son is going to come after our if we don't finish lunch in time!" Baekhyun whined.

"I got it. You are so easily pissed Baekhyun, are you perhaps following Nurse Son's footsteps?" Jinri teased. 

The boy flicked Jinri's forehead, causing her to yell in pain. The table next to them turned their curious glances to Jinri and Baekhyun. Jongin chuckled when she saw the pout on Jinri's face as her friend bullied her. Little did he know, Sehun, who was watching everything, raised his brows. 

He soon realised Jongin's face tends to lit up whenever Jinri appears. 

 

"How are you?" Sehun asked, as he checked for the heart rate of the patient who had recently undergone a heart surgery, "Do you feel any discomfort around your chest area?"

"I am good Doctor Oh," The man in his sixties replied and smiled with gratitude, "I feel like I gained a new life, thank you Doctor Oh. You are my life saviour."

Sehun took the clipboard and wrote his observations, "You're welcome Mr Kim. I am glad you feel better now. Do alert me if you feel any discomfort."

He then went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter