Chapter 9

What Does Her Heart Say?

The seductive scent of Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium perfume that she smell earlier coming from this woman. She was so pretty with only a simple eye makeup. She look even more handsome as she was dressed in a designer summer navy suit with a white shirt. Today she let her long silky dark blue hair loose, each step she took caused her hair to bounce slightly and move side to side. It almost took her breath away just to look at her. Her heart thudded wildly in her chest, while her stomach did somersaults. She felt something for this woman, she just wasn’t sure how deep her feelings ran. She watch as she was getting closer. Every steps that she takes making her heart beating faster. She was debating in her mind on how to approach her, should she bow, should she say hi? As she was a still deciding what to do, she watch as her boss walk pass her without saying anything, wasn’t even looking at her. She stood there, her breathing stopped, she didn't even blink an eye, trying to proses what happen, did she just got ignored?

“Yongsun-ssi?” her thought was cut short.

“Ah, Manager-nim” Yongsun finally realised the present of her manager.

“Yongsun-ssi, you look extra pretty today” Jin compliment.

“Ah, well…well thank you Manager-nim” Yongsun was blushing. She did put in a little extra effort to make herself look good this morning. She was wearing a white blouse with a low neckline and a dark brown mini skirt. She spend hours on her eye makeup, pull her pink hair into a ponytail, and look fairly perky. Wearing a bright red lipstick and put on her favourite perfume, Coco Chanel Eau de Parfum, which she only use for a special occasion.

“Did you have your lunch already, Yongsun-ssi?”

“Jin” They were interrupt before Yongsun could answered.

Both Jin and Yongsun turns to see Byul was glaring at them, her eyes flashing. It’s seem like she was in a very bad mood. She was standing there with her hands in her slack pocket, left foot tapping to the floor.

“Well I’ll be going now, Yongsun-ssi” Jin said before turn around to follow Byul who already walks away leaving.

 

“What are you trying to do?” Byul ask as they walk their way to the counter to order their meals. Jin only answered with a snicker. Byul decide to ignore him. They found an empty table at the far end of the cafe and sat down. She was about to bring the spoon into , Jin start to chuckled.

“What?” she asked as she continue to shove the spoon into .

“Well, look around you. You are making a scene by just being here” She did, she glanced around to see everyone was looking their way some even turn around in their seat to look over.

“Tsk, So what?” Byul simply said.

“Who are you trying to kid here, Byul? You always eat in your office. Even our cleaners knows that. Suddenly you feel like having your lunch here? I bet you think I didn’t know you’re here for her? Well after you meet her earlier, what do you think? She is pretty right? I wonder who did she dressed up for today” He was leaning against the table with his right arm on the table and rest his head in his right hand smiling at Byul.

“Tsk, nonsense” she calmly continue eating.

“Come on, Byul. You even put on your most expensive suit to impress her” Jin not giving up.

“Tsk, this was for the meeting with an important client earlier”

“You let your hair loose, it was in high ponytail earlier. I bet you want to look cool while walking passed her earlier”

“Tsk, I just feeling cold around my neck”

“You look annoyed earlier when I was talking to her. I bet you are jealous she was smiling cheerfully at me”

“Tsk, I was hungry. You were making me wait”

“You…you trimmed your nails”

“What my nails had to do with this, Jin!” she finally snapped.

He sighed. Surely it’s hard to break that wall she built around her. Like trying to blow down the entire Great Wall of China. He lean against the table with his right arm on the table and rest his head facing to his left observing the beautiful scenery outside the company through the glassy wall around the café. Too lost in his thought he fail to notice, his sneaky best friend was stealing glance over at a certain table, where three women are sitting.

 

“Yah, Hyejin-ah, am not dreaming right?” Wheein asked.

“No you not. I know am not dreaming either” Hyejin simply answered.

“What are you two looking at?” Yongsun asked as she took her seat.

“Look unnie, It’s the President” Wheein grabs on Yongsun arm, pulls her to face the direction where Byul is sitting. She can see Jin was excitedly talking to Byul.

“So?” she turns away as she was still feeling a bit irritated about earlier incident. She was sure their eyes meet for a moment before her boss turned her attention ahead again. Did she purposely to ignore her?

“Unnie, do you know that she had never step her feet in here? Look around you unnie, everyone was totally in shock too” Wheein stated.

“She’s, right. She was always in her room at the top floor. To even be here it was something that would have never happen even in a million years” Hyejin agreed.

 

Later its already time to go home. Everyone was long gone. Yongsun was left starring at the paper bag place in front of her on the table for almost half an hour now. In the bag was Byul’s clothes, she was planning to return it to her, but since the morning Byul was busy with meetings. She was still deciding whether not or to see her especially after she’s been ignored like that. She sighed as she got up and grab her handbag and the paper bag decide to just go home. As she reach the lift door, the door open.

“Ah, Yongsun-ssi still here? Are you going home now?” Jin asked as he come out from the lift.

“Yes, are you not going home yet, Manager-nim?” Yongsun politely asked back.

Jin glanced at the paper bag Yongsun was holding. That’s is not just any paper bag, the brand name print on the paper bag, he knew someone how love to shops there “Did you always shop there, Yongsun-ssi?” he asked as he stared down at the paper bag.

“Ah, no…well a friend let me borrow her clothes. I was going to return this to her but well she seem busy” Yongsun nervously answered. She hates lying but she can’t the truth either. Well she was just lying about the friend part, the rest were true.

“I see, be safe on your way back. I can’t go home yet since the PRESIDENT is still UPSTAIRS and she is ALONE” Jin intentionally said those three words a bit louder before he turns around and walk away while whistling.

Yongsun was left confused by Jin behaviour. She frowned wondering what’s wrong with him. The lift door open, she walk in and turn to press the floor button. A few moment later the lift stop moving as the door open she slowly walk out. She took a few steps before she stopped, she look around they was no one. She continue walking till she reach the door.

“Ugh, why am I even here?” she thought to herself. She look up at to see, “High-Tech Co. President” sign written on the big door. She wonder what makes she change her mind? She was certainly told herself that she was going home. Somehow because of what her Manager said earlier, her body move on its own and before she know it, here she was, in front of her boss door. So what now Kim Yongsun?    

She took a moment to fix her hair and her clothes. She took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled. She knocked on the door three times. She wait before the words “Come in” can be heard from inside. She turn the door handle and slowly open the door. She carefully walk in to see Byul was to immerse herself in her work, she reading the files. She close the door behind before she walks straight to Byul when suddenly Byul start talking.

“What is it now, Jin. Stop bothering me already” She said without looking up.

“Erm, President-nim. It’s me, Kim Yongsun”

Byul looked up quickly to meet Yongsun in the eyes.