Chapter 7

What Does Her Heart Say?

She unlock the door, peek her head inside. The apartment is empty. She walk in and lock the door behind. They must be at work. She thought. She drags herself to her room, throw herself on the bed. She place her right arm up covering her eyes and place her left hand on her chest. Feeling her heart is now beating normally, an hour ago it was beating so fast. She really thought that she got herself some kind a heart disease. She sighed.

“You just got here to Seoul three days ago and your life already this hectic” She thought to herself.

An hour ago, she was sitting on her boss bed, with her face down, scolding herself in her mind for hitting her boss with the pillow. Her mind was in a total chaos, she can’t think straight, she don’t know where to start, what to say for herself, feel like crying. Suddenly her boss make a move. She thought this is it, she’s going to get hits. She deserved it. She was in a ready position but to her surprise her boss got off the bed and went to the bathroom. Now her mind went blank. For about five minutes later she snapped out of it and jump off the bed. It’s was a bad idea as she suddenly feel the pain in her head. She groaned. She shake her head to make the pain go away, not working. Feeling dizzy, she got down on to floor, curling up into a ball, hold her head and closed her eyes. She gasped when she finally realise something.

 

“Did she help me change? Oh my god did she saw my body? This is embarrassing” as she covered her face with her palm.

“Ah, did she carry me here by herself? I was totally knocked out last night. That sunbea. He was dragging me to his car. A voice. It’s wasn’t Hyejin? Oh my god it was hers!” Yongsun now was pulling her hair feeling frustrated.

“And I hits her. Kim Yongsun, you stupid” she got up on her feet and began to walk back and forth.

“She is definitely gonna fire me” she cried in her thought.

Her movement was halt by the sound of the opening door. Her eyes went wide, almost pop out of their sockets. Her boss was staring at her. Her stares are cold, so demonic, and yet so , her heart almost stopped at the sight of her boss because there were no words to describe the utter perfection. She was wearing this all black suit. She had tied her dark blue hair into a very high ponytail, and her lips were liberally coated in bright red lipstick. As she start walking toward her, she look down on her feet, she can feels her heart start to beat fast. Every steps she took making her heartbeat go faster. Then suddenly she spoke.

Go take a shower”  

She literally runs off to the bathroom locked the door, slide down to the floor.

“Calm down, Yongsun” as she place her hand on her chest.

“Her low husky voice are so y” she buried her face into her palm. She can feel her face is burning.

She gasped once again when she remove her hands from her face. The most notably was the whirlpool bath, which was huge and could likely hold five people. Nestled in a marble slab, the tub that sat next to the walk-in shower and had walls on three sides. Two of them were covered in greenery with small streams of water trickling down the leaves. Her boss are insanely rich. She stated in her mind.

After finished showering she peeked through the bathroom door. No one in the room. She left? She thought. Slowly she got out of the bathroom. As she got out she was scanning around taking in details of her boss bedroom for the first time. She wasn’t paying attention to her surrounding earlier. However one thing that really caught her attention, it was all the medals, trophies and pictures of her boss getting the awards on the six foot tall cupboard. She was the best in almost everything, studies, sports and fencing? She turned and noticed there was a white shirt with a short nicely folded and place on the bed. There was also a paper bag place on the bed, she looked inside, it’s was her yesterday clothes, already washed clean and folded nicely.

As she went down there stairs, she can’t help but amazed by the expensive looking furniture around the living room. It was something she will only see in the drama. She took noticed of the comfy looking sofa that was strewn round an expensive looking coffee table, the floor was covered with soft carpet and of course the most notably was the almost her height, huge flat screen with a complete surround sound system was built into the wall. She jumped in surprised when she heard a sound coming from the other room, which she believe the kitchen.

She took a small steps, heads to the kitchen, she can see her boss was busy doing something. She was cooking? She stopped her tracked when suddenly her boss turn to her side for a second before she continued on preparing the food. Damn, even her back looks cool. She thought. She watched as her boss started bring two plates and served it on the table. She thought of offering to help but she was still too nervous to even say a word. So she just stand there in silent.

They were sitting at the dining table, eating their breakfast in silent. She can’t help but glanced around. The kitchen was decorated with blue cabinets, two big sink and a silver 3 door fridge. There was a marbled counter with stool where she place her fruit blender and coffee-maker machine in the middle. Oh, she baked? When she saw a baking oven next to the fridge. She glanced at her boss plate which only filled with scrambled eggs. Then she looked into her own plate. There was a lot in her plate. It was too much for her, although the food was really delicious. Her boss really a good cook. She glanced back at the boss plate, she barely touched her food. She frowned. Suddenly her boss got up, making her froze in her spot. Then her boss walked over to stand next to her, she put down a pill on the table, which she believe it was for the throbbing pain in her head. She almost forgot about the pain to be honest. She can’t describe with word the feeling inside her right now. She was so touch that her eyes are getting teary. Her boss was such a gentle and caring person. The rumours about her boss being cold and rude to everyone was a not true at all. The world need to know this.

“Eat this, go back home. I have called a taxi” her boss said.

In that moment she can feel her heart started to beat abnormally again. Her boss even worried of how she will get back. When she noticed her boss was about to leave, she quickly tugged on her boss’s slack. She looked up to thank her boss for everything that she had done to her.

You, are not going to get fired, Kim Yongsun” she froze at what she heard.

“Huh?!” Clearly her boss misunderstood her. She wasn’t thinking about that at all. That thought was long gone. She blinked a few times before she got up on her feet and started following her boss to the living room.

She was about to say a few word, she stopped. She watched as her boss coolly put on her blazer, buttoning her blazer. The way her boss bend down a little to grab her briefcase. The way her boss runs her hand through her hair. Every movement she makes was making her legs grow weaker, her heart beat so fast that she was thinking of seeing a doctor to do some check up afterward, her face was burning up that she would be mistaken by anyone for having a high fever, she can feel that her face is turning red right now.

“Don’t forget to lock the door” her boss said before she left.

As soon as the door closed, she fall down to her knees, covered her face with her palm and let out a shrieking noise.

She wake up by the noise from the kitchen. She got up and look for the time, it was 7 pm shown on her alarm clock place on the small table by her bed. She been sleeping for the whole day. Finally she decide to check on her cell, 15 missed called from Hyejin and 23 missed called from Wheein caught her attention.

“What the hell, unnie? Now you decide to call? Where did you go last night? When I got back to the club, you were not there” she had bring her cell away from her ear. Regretting on calling her and not Wheein.

“Unnie? Are you there? Answer me!” Hyejin asked again.

“Im here, Hyejin-ah” Yongsun said.

“I will tell you what happen tomorrow at work, I promised” she continued. She can hear Hyejin was sighing.

She end the call, walk out of her room to find her oppa and unnie was busy preparing for dinner.

“Ah, Yongsun-ah, I was about to go and get you. Are you hungry? Let’s have dinner together. By the way did you finish your work early today?” her oppa asked.

“Y-yeah” she answered.

She was dumbfounded for a moment there, her oppa aren’t going to ask her where she sleep last night? This is something new. She decide to let it go as she was freaking hungry right now. She went to sit at the dining table opposite her oppa. Later her unnie join them and sit next to her oppa. They continue talking and eating like nothing happen.

“Yongsun-ah, is Hyejin ok now?” her unnie asked.

“Huh?” she frowned.

“Aren’t you at Hyejin house last night? She told me on the cell that you were going to stay at her house to take care of her since she wasn’t feeling well yesterday” her oppa said.

“Hyejin, you…” She thought to herself

“Yeah…she is perfectly fine now, oppa” she tried to smile.

No wonder her oppa was fine with her going to the club. Not getting a single calls from her oppa, now she know why. She take note to herself, she is going to give Hyejin a piece of mind for lying to her oppa tomorrow at work. That brat how dare she lied to her innocent oppa.