Chapter 6

What Does Her Heart Say?

Somewhere in the middle of South Korea, where there is an expensive looking tall building, a celebrities like Lee Soo Man, Kim Soo Hyun, Yoo Ah In and Big Bang’s GD live, in one particular apartment suite, it was so quiet, only the sound of huffing can be heard coming from a certain being in a luxurious looking bedroom, on one comfy looking king-size bed. Well this particular being, a 24 years old lady named Moon Byul Yi, the current President of one of the biggest company who just signed a three years contract with Sega Games Co. ltd. She was named as the most promising young entrepreneur in South Korea by Business Korea Magazine. With IQ over 140, she was a genius who finished her PhD in Business Economics by the age of 20 years old in Havard University. The word “impossible” is her biggest enemy. There is nothing she can’t do. Yet here she is sitting on the bed, aches all over her body, dark circles under her eyes, hair in a mess, smells like s.

 

Sitting on her knee in front of Moonbyul right now, looking down, hands on her laps. This 25 years old lady named Kim Yongsun, currently an employee in High-Tech Gaming Company for her undeniable hard work. A girl who dyed her hair to pink because she lost a bet with her fellow workers from the previous company she works in, in one farewell party one night. Currently living with her overprotective oppa and an easy going unnie. Loved by the people around her for the bright personality. Always smiling, giggling and laughing. Like a sun she bring joys to everyone around her. She love tteokbokki so much. Yet here she is sitting on this bed which size twice bigger than hers, in a room which almost as big as her oppa’s whole apartment, wearing someone else clothes which she kind of figures it’s belong the person in front of her right now.

 

“You, you, do you have any idea what have you make me gone through last night?! First of all if you can’t drink alcohol, why in the freaking world did you drink? Second of all if it wasn’t for me you would be crying right now waking up realising you just got by that scumbag, Lee Min Ki, I’m gonna get him after this and lastly you puke on me, me the Moon Byul Yi! How dare you, do you know you just ruin my expensive shirt. Not to mention I can still smell your vomit on me!” that’s what she wanted to say.

 

The words won’t come out. So she keep silent watching over Yongsun. She didn’t move an inch, still looking down on her laps. She was trembling obviously holding herself from tearing up. She sighed. She got on her knees. She can see Yongsun flinched at the sudden movement as she sunk her head lower. She got off the bed without looking back, to the dresser to pick up a new clean clothes with her into the bedroom.

 

A few moment later she got out of the bedroom to find, Yongsun now standing still by the bed, holding both hands down in front, facing down.

 

“Go take a shower” she command before she left the room.

 

She slowly walks down stairs to the kitchen. She sighed as she glanced at the clock on the living room’s wall along the way. It’s already 9.30 in the morning. She is late. She was never late to work. She sit down on the chair by the dining table. She place down both of her elbow on the dining table and cupped her face with both of her hands. She sighed.

 

A moment later she can hear a faint footsteps sound coming from the living room to where she is. She turns her face to the side when the sounds finally stop. She can see Yongsun was fidgeting behind her. Without saying a word she bring the two plates and places it on the dining table. One plate filled with scrambled eggs, fried bacon, toast bread and bake bean. The other plate filled with only scrambled eggs. Next she bring two clean glass cups on the table, pouring an orange juice from the fruit blender into the cups.

 

“Let’s eat” she said as she sit down in front a plate only with scrambled eggs.

 

They ate in silent. It was an awkward silent. She was always eating alone at home. Even when she was little she was always eating alone. Her oppa was studying at a boarding school, and her father was almost never home, she was left alone with her maids. This is the first time for her to bring some stranger to her apartment not to mention inviting this stranger to sit with her and having breakfast together. Suddenly she got off the chair and went to search for something in a kitchen’s drawer. Finally found what she was looking for she place it in front of Yongsun.

 

“Eat this, go back home. I have called a taxi” she was about to left when she feel a tugs on her black slack.

 

She turns to look down, to find a teary eyes, a trembling lips. It’s seem like Yongsun was about to say something. She sighed.

 

“You, are not going to get fired, Kim Yongsun” Moonbyul gently brush Yongsun’s hand away from her slack. Walk off to the living room to grab her blazer and her briefcase. She can feel Yongsun slowly following her from behind. She puts on her blazer. Tidy herself a bit. Runs a hand into her hair before she grabs the car key on the table, walk off to the door to put on her Valentino black heels.

 

“Don’t forget to lock the door” she remind before she walk off and close the door behind.

 

Now stomping her way to her office room on her heel, she stopped right in front her door. She turn around to face her secretary who is now on her feet froze.

 

“P-presid…” before Seulgi could finish she was cut off.

 

“Call Lee Min Ki to my office now” she turns back to the door and walk into her room.

 

“Byul, what’s going on? Why did you fired Lee Min Ki? I know he is a jerk but still he is one of our best worker. And where did you go last night? Why are you late to work today? Byul, say something!” Jin bombard her with questions. She was busy typing something on the computer keyboard.

 

Moonbyul sighed. She stopped what she is doing and turn to face Jin. She stare at him for a while. He was sitting on the chair place in front of her table, frowning. She place her elbow on the table and cupped her face with both of her hands.

“I must be crazy” she muffled into her palm.

This morning she still remember. She remember looking at the trembling Yongsun sitting on her bed. Just like her name, the light coming through the windows making her beauty shine with the brightness of the sun. She can’t help feeling her heard beating like a drum, for witnessing something so breath taking in the morning. So she got off quickly from her own bed. Again at the dining table, when she could smell Yongsun’s hair, the shampoo that she always use, she love the smell of strawberry scent, it’s makes her calm, but now when the smell was coming from Yongsun’s hair it’s driving her insane. Her heard was beating so fast, like it’s was going to explode if she stayed any longer so she got up to dismiss this burning sensation in the middle of her chest. Now when she is ready to leave for good she was once again tempted, this time by those kissable soft lips. She was smacking herself on the head in her mind to snap out of it. As soon as she got out of her apartment she almost run to her parking lot. Quickly got in her car. She placed her head on the steering wheel and sighed. Wondering what’s is going on herself.

“Byul?” her thought was cut off.

“I think I’m going crazy, Jin-ah” she finally said. Earning a confusing look from Jin.