Chapter 3

What Does Her Heart Say?

She woke up and realized the loud piercing sound was her alarm clock. Groaning, she got up feeling tired and edgy from her journey back to South Korea from Japan last night. She got off from her king-size bed, she went into the bathroom. She started the shower. When she is done, she went to her dresser. She scanned every suits she have hanging in the closet and finally choose the light blue one. Tuck in her see through black shirt, put on her favourite B&E New York sunglasses and she ready to go. She got on her blue McLaren 570S drove off to work.

 

As she reached the company parking lot, her cell start ringing. She pulled the car hand break and answer the call without looking who was calling as she already know who might it be.

 

“Yes, father” she answer.

 

“How was the meeting with Mr. Haruki Satomi?” her father asked.

 

“We have successfully signed a three years contract with them, father” she stated

 

“I see. Remember to always update me the progress of this new project. That’s all” as he cut off the line.

 

She leans back in her seat, exhaling a loud sigh. Talking with her father always makes her nervous. Growing up without a mother, she was raised by her father who only cared for his company. The president spot was actually belong to her big brother but he ran away from home five years ago making things worst for her.

 

She sighed once before start to unbuckling her seatbelt. Grabs on her briefcase and about to open the door, she stopped when she spotted a yellow Mini Cooper S parked the opposite of her car. It is not that hard to spot the car since there was only their cars were parked as it is still early. But what caught her attention the most was the pink hair girl in that car. She was making this meme faces while checking on herself on the mirror. This person is weird, she thought. She watched as that girl happily skipping on her way to the lift.

“Hey, Byul” a man knocked on her car window.

 

“Yeah” she replied short as she got out of the car.

 

“What were you doing in the car so long? I was waiting outside your car for a while waiting for you to come out” he asked.

 

“Nothing” she answered as she walk off to the lift. Well her car was fully tinted so no one can see from outside.

 

“Ah look it’s the new employee. You know that rumoured girl” he tapped her shoulder before he walked ahead to greet the girl.

 

As they continue their conversation in the lift, she observed in silent at the back. She watched as they were so engrossed into talking to each other that she didn’t even took a glance at her.

 

“Tsk all girls are the same” she thought to herself.

 

Suddenly that girl turn around and gasped as in she was a little shocked to finally noticed her present. She greeted her.

 

“Tsk, does she not know who I am?” she nodded as she thought to herself.

 

“Aren’t she’s cute? Her name is Kim Yongsun” Jin finally said as Yongsun left.

 

Moonbyul snorted as she got off the lift. She was greeted by her secretary. Again she nodded without looking at her and went into her office room while Jin stop by to have a little chat with her secretary.

 

Jin is like that, always warm to everyone, very opposite of Moonbyul. They meet at the university. He was very popular among the girls. Tall, handsome, definition of perfect prince charming. He annoyed her at first, his stupid jokes, stupid smiling face. She just can’t stand goofy people. Until they were assigned a project together. She get to know him better. He was actually a nice guy which very down to earth and most importantly he is a loyal friend. Since then they became close. She trusted him with the job as the team manager of the analysis department, the most critical job title in the company.

 

“So are you coming to our welcoming party today” he asked as he sit comfortably on the sofa next to Moonbyul.

 

“No” she simply reply while reading the newspaper.

 

“Aw, come on Byul. You never came to our welcoming or farewell party” he lean his right elbow on his knee to rest his face on his palm, facing Moonbyul who didn’t even look at him.

 

“It’s gonna be fun. Just this once. Beside I’ve checked your schedule earlier, Seulgi said you are free today” he grinned.

 

“Tsk, so that’s what he went to asked her” she thought to herself. She finally turns to look at him.

 

He been bugging her the whole day to get her agree to join their party every 30 minutes. Through office phone, text message to her cell, even during lunch time until finally she gave in. Later after work she follow Jin by car to where the party at. Along the way, there were a few times she was planning on to just drove away leaving Jin but knowing he will be bringing his stupid sulking face to the office tomorrow, she have no choice but to erase the plan from the thought.

 

“Haha, Byul you won’t regret this. Let’s have some fun tonight okay” Jin said as they went into one of the luxurious club there in Seoul.

 

“Ah, Manager-nim” one of the employee waved to get their attention.

 

Moonbyul can see most of them already there. She has a habit to recognise everyone face. She even knew a few of their names, the one that bring profit to her company of course. As she scanned each faces, she spotted the pink haired girl named Yongsun. She looks suprised. She was fidgeting and was standing beside a girl, Hyejin. Moonbyul knew Hyejin since she is one of her best employee. Yongsun was holding tightly on her right arm looking down to her feet as she got closer.

 

“Tsk, so you finally recognise me huh” she smirked to herself.