Chapter 17

What Does Her Heart Say?

When she got home she dropped the groceries in the kitchen and went straight to her room, threw her handbag on the bed, grabbed some changing clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. In ten minutes she’s done, put on her clothes and went to the kitchen and wore an apron and started preparing and cooking the food for Byul. Yongsun was so busy cutting the vegetables, making sure they were perfect, when she heard her phone rang from her room, quickly put down the knife and went to wash her hands at the sink and runs off to her room to answers the call.

“Yes oppa?”

“Yong-ah, will you be ok tonight alone?” Taemin asked.

“Yes, don’t worry. Tell mom and dad I’m sorry that I can’t come home too” she said.

“Yes, you take care of yourself ok?”

“Okay, oppa”

“Don’t skip dinner, Yong-ah and lock the front door and call me if anything happen” Teamin reminded her.

“Oppa, I’m not five” she whined.

“Ok, ok take care. Your unnie say take care”

“Take care to both of you too and drive safely” She end the call and went back to the kitchen. She invited Byul over to her apartment for dinner only because her brother and sister were going to be at her parent’s house for three days. They were attending one of her cousin’s wedding. She couldn’t come along since she's too busy and can't get a long leave. It wasn’t planed at all, the idea just struck her. Still it was perfect.

It’s already almost seven when she looked at the watch on her wrist. She already send a text to Yongsun, saying she would be late since the meeting was delayed two hours ago. She took out her phone from her pocket as she walked out of the tall building and started typing on her phone.

“On my way” she send.

A few second later a text came in “Great, dinner almost ready, honey”. She chuckled at the response.

Shrugging out of her jacket, removing her tie, and ing the first two buttons of her shirt. She strode towards her blue McLaren 570S, popped the locks, and tossed her briefcase, jacket and tie onto the passenger seat, then slid inside. It was kind a hot tonight, so she rolled her sleeves up till her elbow and tied her hair into a high ponytail before she started the engine and drove off. She cracked her neck from side to side and rolled her shoulders. There were dark circles beneath her eyes. She'd obviously been overworking and not sleeping well. Plus all the meetings with her clients is making her totally exhausted, all her muscles aching and her back screaming out for a hot shower. However the fact that she was on her way to see Yongsun put a smile on her face. She can’t wait to see her.

Suddenly her phones rang, the smile quickly fades from her face. She pulled over to the side of the street before she answered the call.

“Yes, appa”

“Come home now” her father said before he end the call.

She sighed, she leaned her forehead on the steering wheel to pull herself together. She stayed like that for a few moment before she leaned back and send a text on to Yongsun before drove back on the street and make a u-turn.

An hour later, Byul's sport car screeched off the main road into the long, winding driveway to the shaded mansion hidden behind tall trees, coming to a gothic wrought iron antique gate, which opened slowly. She slowly drove in up in the winding driveway to the front of the mansion. At the centre of the circled driveway was a large estate Mediterranean fountain. Two of the butler of her father’s mansion already waiting at the front of the manor on the arrival of her. She pulled her car up, the men eagerly opened the door and greeted her. Byul quickly whisked past and headed to her father room which was on the third floor of the mansion.

She appeared by her father’s bedroom door a few moment later. She gave a few knocked on the door and waited.

“Come in”

She grabbed at the door handle and opened the door. Slowly walk to the bed and stopped when she’s at a few steps away. Her father was laying weakly on the bed, he was connected to a machine that monitored all his vital signs and an IV by his bed. A year ago father got the heart attack at his office, soon afterwards he’s paralyzed down one side, since then he’s been laying on the bed so she had no choice but to take over the whole business.

“I’m here appa” she said.

“Progress” he said eyes on the ceiling.

“We’ve already finished the first stage of the project with Sega. We’ve signed another contract with NCsoft and the project will start going by the end of this month. The project with Nexon are almost finish, though they were looking forward to sign another contract with us” she explained. Silence, for a moment, filled the room. Byul still on her feet now her eyes on the floor waiting for her father response.

“You know, I detest failure, laziness, and mediocrity. Keep that in mind.” he said.

“Do not ever put shame upon my face” he warned.

“I will know if you do” he continued.

“Yes, appa”

“Get out of my room” he ordered as he turned to face the other way.

Byul could only bowed and left the room. As she closed the door she can’t stop wondering the meaning of her father words earlier. Why does he suddenly remind her of what he hates? Does he know something? She thought. She began to walk down the hall to the right of the staircase. She stopped by the end of the stairs and turned to stare at a gold baroque framed oil portrait of a woman with features similar to hers.

She stepped close to the portrait and stared up at it “I hate you because you look just like her” she remembered her father's outburst, those words were said to her when one day she decided to asked her father why he’s been cold to her. That day she was five.  

Her fists balled, her eyes closed, her lower lip trembled slightly. She shook her head as the tears threatened to fall, she refused to cry. There is no point for her to cry over this. She must be strong. She turned away and dashed out of the mansion, not willing to stay there at the mansion any longer, because the only memories she had of it were painful.

“I will be late” Yongsun pouted as she read the text she received when she done placing the food on the table. She been waiting at the dining table for hours. “I guess her meeting dragged on” she sighed.

She glanced over the untouched food in the plate next to hers, it’s getting cold. She looked over to her own plate, she barely finished hers. She got up to the drawer to take out the cling wrap and wrapped the plate with it and put it into the fridge, staring at it ruefully. She closed the fridge and headed to her room, when to brush her teeth, washed her face then climbed on her bed deliberately. Turning her back to the door, she closed her eyes and tried to sleep. Slowly she started to drift off to sleep when suddenly she feels an arm around her waist slowly hugging her body.

“Byul?” somehow she recognised the warmth of the body pressed behind her back.

“Shh…” she said.

“How did you get in?” she asked as she letting herself being pulled closer to her.

“You text me, remember?” she answered in a low, raspy voice.

“Oh, have you eaten yet?” she totally forgot that she texted her, her apartment’s security code.

“Have you?” Byul asked back.

“I did”

“Good, then sleep”

She felt Byul’s warm breath on her skin as she snuggled into the back of her neck, then Byul breathed in, moved slightly to her shoulder and kissed her there. Sweet tingles flowed down her spine. Then she turned around in her arms so she could snuggle closer to her, lightly kiss her neck before she buried her face into the crook of her neck. Byul smiled, she kissed the top of her head, wrapped her arm around her and fell asleep immediately from pure exhaustion.

“I’m sorry we have to come home early. My boss called, it was urgent” Teamin said as he opened the front door.

“It’s ok honey. You can’t help it” Naeun patted his shoulder as she followed in.

“Whose shoes is this?” Teamin asked, looking down at the black Louis Vuitton shoes.

Neaun gasped. Taemin looked at Naeun before he runs off to Yongsun bedroom. “Wait, wait” Naeun grabbing on his arm stopping him from running off to Yongsun’s room.

“Why are you stopping me?” Taemin shoved her hands away, grabbed the handle, swing it open, stepped through, and walked to the bed. He stopped and froze. He stopped so suddenly making Naeun bumped into his back, whacking her nose. “Ouch” she silently winced as she rubbed her nose. She step aside to see herself what’s going on, as she did, her eyes went wide.

Yongsun slowly opened her eyes against the bright sun. It had been a long time since she had felt the soothing haze against her skin. She rolled over to take in more of the yellow rays, breathed in deep and stretched out her sleepy muscles. A chuckled stopped her track.

“Morning princess”

She turned to face her, all she saw were her beautiful brown eyes, looking at her with the sweetest smile. She smiled back.

“How long have you’ve been watching me sleeping you creep?” she pouted.

“Long enough”

“What time is it now, Byul-ah?”

“Almost 11”

“Heol, why didn’t you wake me up?”

“What for? It’s off day”

She chuckled. She lay on her side with her arm under her head to face Byul, Byul did the same. They lay side by side, staring into each other's eyes and lost in their own thoughts. Byul reached out and touched her cheek, one finger trailing slowly along her skin until it reached the line of her jaw. Yongsun closed her eyes, loving the feel of her warm skin against her face. Tilting her cheek toward her hand. Byul shifted and gathered her close against her, kissing her. Gently, she her back, cradled her head.

They kissed gently, sweetly for the longest time but a fire begun to build and the kisses grew longer and more intense. Their pulse became a swift tripping beat. When Yongsun’s tongue teased the fullness of Byul’s lower lip she opened for her and when it penetrated she lost the ability to think rationally.

Wanting more Yongsun broke the kiss to climb on top of her, she leaned over to kiss her again. Byul’s hands began caressing her thigh, sliding his hand over Yongsun’s . She moaned as she moved her hand gently over her . She moaned even louder when Byul squeezed her buttocks tightly. Yongsun urged her tongue deep and forcefully into Byul’s mouth. Slowly Byul’s hands inching her way up, slipping under Yongsun’s loose shirt. Slowly pulling her shirt up.  Suddenly a low rumbling sound stopped their movement. Yongsun sat up and looked down on Byul, frowning.

“Did you eat last night?” she asked.

“Nope” Byul replies, scratching her head.

Yongsun shakes her head, moved over to climb out of bed, she tied her hair into a bun “I’ll make something for you” Yongsun said. She turn around and walked to the door only to find an arms now wrapping around her body. Byul placed her chin on her shoulder.

“Take me with you” she whispered into her ear making Yongsun shudder as the heat spread.

Yongsun giggled. She reached over to gently her cheek as she continue walking over to the door. They walked slowly out of the room with Byul still hugging her from the back, Yongsun would giggled when Byul would plant a few kisses on her shoulder and on her neck. She would shrieked when Byul playfully bites on her shoulder.

As they slowly reaching the kitchen “Let go Byul-ah. I can’t cook like this” Yongsun said as she start giggling when Byul was blowing on her neck.

“Then let me eat you” Byul seductively whispered into her ear. Yongsun gasped and she could feel the heat in her cheeks as she started to blush.

 “Ehem”

Yongsun gasped again and he eyes went wide. “” she thought, as she slowly turned to looked at owner of the voice.

“Oppa…”