Chapter 8

What Does Her Heart Say?

“I can’t believe you Hyejin. How could you to my oppa?!” Hyejin almost dropped the cup of coffee she was about to sip on. She looked up to find a fuming Yongsun.

“Excuse me? It is me who suppose too be angry right now, unnie. Why did you leave? You even left your car at the club. Do you even know how worried I am last night? I and Wheein been searching for you like crazy in the middle of the night. We even thought of report to the police. Damn, I can’t even sleep last night” Hyejin immediately stand up from her seat and put her coffee on the table, turn to look Yongsun straight in the eyes, pointing her finger on Yongsun’s chest as she voiced out her frustration.

“Err…well still…how could you” Yongsun was now leaning on her back a little as Hyejin face are too close to hers.

“Well?” asked Hyejin as she removed her finger from Yongsun’s chest, crossing her arms around her body.

They decide to talk over this in the pantry. As they seat by the table, Yongsun told Hyejin every detail about what happened to here that night, from the part when she was dragged out to his car by the sunbae, to the part where she end up in her boss bed and how she even cooked breakfast for her, called taxi for her to send her home after that. Of course Yongsun skipped a few embarrassing details such as when she woke up to found out her boss changed the clothes for her while she was totally knocked out, about hitting her boss with the pillow and of course the part where she’s been gawking over her boss awesomeness every times she got the chances. When she finish her story, she looked up to see Hyejin froze on her seat.

“Hyejin-ah?” she waved to her face.

“Unnie…” Hyejin finally spoke.

“If this how you try to payback on me for lying to your oppa then it is not working. You need to make up a better story than this. Really, unnie” Hyejin sighed, disappointment can be seen on her face.

Yongsun on the other hand, falls open in disbelief. How can Hyejin thought of her purposely making up the story?

“But Hyejin-ah, I am telling the truth”

“Unnie, stop it. Are you asking me to believe the Moon Byul Yi, our President, save you from that sunbae? Took you home with her, let you slept on her bed with her, ate breakfast with you and so nice to even call a taxi for you to make sure you arrived home safe? Do you realise what are you saying to me right now? You are talking about a person who didn’t even care if you break down exhausted from works, cause she can easily replace you with someone else. All she cares about is her company” Hyejin now clearly getting irritated, get up to leave.

“Wait, Hyejin seriously why would I lie to you. Really Hyejin-ah I am telling the truth” Yongsun stopped her.

She paused as Yongsun was grabbing tightly on both of her arms. Hyejin took a moment to look into Yongsun’s eyes. She can see Yongsun almost tearing up. Suddenly she remembered something. Her eyes goes wide.

“Is that why she fired him yesterday?” she blurted out.

“Huh? Who got fired?” Yongsun asked.

Hyejin told Yongsun about what happened yesterday at the office. About how that sunbae was throwing off everything on his table after coming down from the President’s office. He was so out of control that they had to call the security to drag him out the office. Later everyone was shocked to find out he was fired by the President herself. Even shocking he was one of the best worker from our department. Hearing that Yongsun got back on the chair. Hyejin did the same. Both staring in a daze at what had happened, finding it’s hard to believe. Hyejin suddenly turn to look at Yongsun up and down.

“What?” Youngsun frowned as she covering herself upper body with her arms.

“What did you do to her?”

 

 

Jin was leaning back in his chair, smiling to himself. He is now in his office. He took a glanced over a pile of files now neatly arrange on his table. He decide that his work can wait. He was too happy to even focus on it right now. He chuckled as he recall her talk with Moonbyul this morning.

“What do you mean you are going crazy?”

“This was all your fault. If it wasn’t for you who invite me to that so call welcoming party of yours, all this would not happen. That Kim Yongsun she was totally drunk. If it wasn’t for me, I don’t know what could happen to her with that Lee Min Ki. Do you know how embarrassed I was last night? People around look at me weirdly while I was crying her. And now look what have you make me do? I’ve fired one of my best worker”

“Are you done?” Jin who was leaning back in the chair, playing with his pen finally asked.

Taken a back on how carefree Jin is right now. Moonbyul decide to talk back but was cut off immediately.

“If you are that concern about your reputation as the great Moon Byul Yi, why do you even care to in her business? She is big girl am sure she can deal with it. Beside even though you decide to help, you could have just send her to the hotel instead of bringing her back home with you. You are the great Moon Byul Yi. You are rich. Just get her any luxurious hotel room and left her there. About that so call best worker of yours, you could just get a new person to replace him. There was hundred out there waiting to fill his spot, probably better than him. Right, Byul?” Jin blurt out, putting the pen aside and turn the chair to face Moonbyul. Moonbyul turn to look away, she was rubbing the back of her neck. A habit Jin notice she will do if she was nervous.

“So how does it feel to falling in love, genius?” Jin smirked as he leaned over.

“Out!” the only thing that come out of Moonbyul’s mouth right now.

Jin can’t help but to burst out a loud laugh as he got up from the chair and left the angred byul.

 

Back in his room, he got up from his chair, now standing by the glass wall he could see all his worker from his room, including Yongsun who was busy focusing on her computer screen. He knew from the start. Since when? Since the visit to their sub company in Bucheon about three months ago. It is where they first meet Yongsun. She was smiling and laughing with one of her co-worker at that moment. He noticed the changed on Moonbyul that day. Later it turns out that Yongsun was also involved in the meeting. Byul keeps on glancing over Yongsun every chances she had. Jin had known Byul for more than five years, for the first time Byul took notice at someone else beside her own self. Truthfully he had been worried about how Byul choice of separating herself from everyone else. She purposely busying herself with works. He couldn’t blame her. Jin knew about her family problem. He knew everything about Byul. People c her heartless, cold-hearted, inhuman and so many more. He want to change that. He want to help her. What he saw that day give him a chance to do something.

So he had been secretly working on his plan behind Byul back. As Yongsun was already doing great as she was entitled as the best worker last year making his job easier. He went personally asked for the company’s director to let go off Yongsun and let her work at the headquarters instead. He was unwilling to corporated at first but after he lied that it was actually Byul demanded, he surrendered immediately. Next he only need to make everything looks like a coincident. The lift incident wasn’t in his plan yet he can’t help laughing in his head seeing how annoyed Byul that time when she didn’t even noticed her. The welcoming party was the starting point, he knew about how famous Yongsun is among the boys, in fact he overheard that Lee Min Ki guy was planning to tackled her. He thought to himself this is a perfect chance. At the welcoming party he knew what is going on, he knew that Lee Min Ki guy will makes his move, he knew Byul will noticed it. He intentionally ignored Byul’s call and pretend he was enjoying himself that night. He was following Byul to the parking lot that night. He had considered to jumped in if Byul hadn’t, he glad she did. She still have a heart, at least to Kim Yongsun. He left as soon as Byul left with Yongsun.

At the company’s café Wheein can’t stop asking about the thing that happen between Byul and Yongsun that night.

“Shhhhh, what if someone hear you?” she said as she glanced around to make sure no one is paying attention.

“But, seriously unnie, I still find it’s hard to believe. Still I’m glad he got fired though. He was a total jerk. Suddenly you are my hero.” Wheein said as she lean to cling on Yongsun.

“You still didn’t answer me” Hyejin interrupt.

“Huh?” Wheein looked at Hyejin still clinging on Yongsun while Yongsun was sipping her drink pretended to hear nothing.

“How did you do it? How did you make her change?” Hyejin asked again for like nth times.

“Yeah how?” Wheein turn to face Yongsun.

“Im going to the bathroom” Yongsun break free from Wheein and rushed out of the cafe.

She don’t even know the answer either. Ever since the question pop-out from Hyejin, she been wondering herself the same question. Why did she treat her nicely? As she was deeply in her thought a certain scent caught her attention. As she look up there she was, walking her way, Moon Byul Yi.