Chapter 20

What Does Her Heart Say?

“Ugh, do I really need to come along with you guys …?” Yongsun sighed, she leaned close to the mirror and she mascara on her lashes, press her lips together after gliding the red lipstick across .

“Aw, come on unnie, it won’t be fun without you…” Wheein said, she was leaning back against the dressing table, looking straight at her. While Hyejin was reading the magazine, slicking the colour pages like a child reading a comic on Yongsun’s bed, not bothered to say a word.

They barged into her brother’s apartment an hour ago, pleading her to followed them to the party, Hyejin with her seductive way of persuading and Wheein with her cute puppy aegyo, as a result here she is, looking into the mirror to make the final adjustments to her clothes, black shoulder dress which revealing her fine collarbones.

“Ugh, fine but I’m leaving at nine and you two better find a way to free yourself by then so you can take me home” she said as Wheein clinging onto her right arm and dragging her out of the room, Hyejin throws her hands up in the air, rolling her eyes, but remains silent and follows them.

They bid goodbye to Taemin and Naeun, looking at the worries on Teamin’s face, Wheein promised him, they won't let her leave their sight “Don’t worry Taemin oppa, we will take care of Yongsun unnie” Wheein promised him.

As Yongsun got into the back seat of Hyejin’s car “You better keep your promise to my brother” she reminded them.

“Yeah, yeah” Hyejin sighed, she slid into the driver's seat while Wheein got into the passenger's seat and buckled herself and off they went toward the centre of the city.

They slowed as they approached a commanding limestone and brick building with chrome-capped towers and finally they stop at one of the finest hotels, a hotel that known for being so busy that the party took months to schedule. She look up at the tall building, one huge building, so tall that she couldn't see the top floor, there were a porter was already approaching Hyejin as they got out of their car, Yongsun watched as Hyejin hands her key to him before they headed into the hotel “Whose birthday party is this again?” Yongsun asked as they got in.

“Its Henry oppas” Wheein answered, they were greeted by the hotel receptionist cheerfully and after formalities and were guided to the top floor, the roof top where the party is held.

“Who?” Yongsun asked again.

Hyejin grabbed Yongsun’s hand as they got out of the lift “You’ve never meet him, he’s Yoon Do’s oppa best friend. We are kind of close, he always invited us to his party and we want you-”

“Wait, I don’t know him? Did he even invite me?” she said as she turned to look around, she could see there were people dancing as a DJ spun a mixture of the top pop and hip hop songs. There were also a bar, she was observing the people by the bar and the drinks that bartenders were mixing for them to sip.

“Oh my god this is my favourite sooooonggg!! Let’s go guys!!” Wheein exclaimed, she grabbed their hands and pulled them onto the dance floor, soon they were dancing like crazy and having the time of their life. After dancing to a few songs they left to go to the bar to get a drink, both Hyejin and Wheein have ordered vodka while Yongsun stick with coke.

“I don't see a birthday cake anywhere” Yongsun said as she took a sip of the coke while looking around.

“Henry oppa always celebrate without cakes. He said something about cakes for kids” Wheein said, Hyejin nodded in agreement.

“Someone calling for me?” a man dressed in a dark blue suit greeted them with a smile, he was holding a glass of whiskey in his hand.

“Oppa!” Wheein shrieked, she jumped into his arms almost spilled his drink as she wrapped her arms around him “I missed you too, Wheenie” he laughed as he returned the hugs. As they break their hugs it was Hyejin turn to hugs him.

“Where’s my hugs?” Yoon Do said, he was standing close behind Yongsun, seemed to appear out of nowhere. She almost let out an aggravated groan upon hearing his voice, realising how close he is, she took a few steps ahead away from him, earned him some snicker.

“Yoon Do, oppa” Wheein greeted him, he walked over to Wheein and wrapped his arm around her shoulder “Hey Wheein”

As Yoon Do and Wheein continued talking, Hyejin grabbed Yongsun’s arm and introduced her to Henry. “Oh, so you are Yongsun” Henry said as he glanced over to Yoon Do who was still talking to Wheein.

“Sorry?” Yongsun asked.

“Ah, nothing” he smiled.

They headed to an empty table to continue talking together and hanging out, and one by one new faces start to join their hang out. They were mostly Henry’s friends in junior high school, friends when they studied in a university, and some from the company he is working now. There are nice people, some are lawyers, some doctors.

Yongsun were so into the talking that she wasn’t aware that Yoon Do had added a small valium of the drug he had just acquired from Henry, his pharmacist friend, also had been helping him distracting Yongsun.

“Unnie, are you ok?” Hyejin asked as she watched Yongsun was lowering her head and rubbing her temple.

“I don’t know. I'm not feeling good, I'm feeling dizzy, Hyejin-ah” Yongsun replied as she tried to get up. “I think I need to go to the bathroom” she continued.

“I’ll go with you” Hyejin said as she got up.

“I’ll be fine” she said shortly and then left without waiting to hear Hyejin's response. Hyejin could only watched as she wobbled as she moved away.

Gritting her teeth, trying hard steadied herself, and slowly trying to make her way to the bathroom. But after a few steps away her eyes watered with the strain and a sort of dizziness overcame her, her legs wobbling slightly at the knees, she stopped. She shakes her heads before she took another step when she nearly fell off balance, a man grab her from the back “I got you”

“W-who?” Yongsun asked as she was swaying left and right with her vision blurring and her head spinning, so she held onto the man’s arms. She was totally out of her sense now.

“It’s ok. I will take care of you” he smirked as he wrapped his arms around her tighter and dragged her away from the crowd and the loud music.

“Y-Yoon Do-ssi? Let, Let go of me” She tried to pull away when she finally recognise him, but his arm tightened on shoulders, preventing her from getting away.

A few moment later he was slowly dragging her down the hallway, carefully reading off the room numbers printed on the doors that he passed by until he finally found the room numbers, he stopped. Yongsun could only mumbling to herself nonsense words, her head throbbing and her knees shaking so badly she could barely stand.

He tried to find the room cards in his jacket’s pocket with his other hand. Just when he pulls a key card from his pocket, he was interrupted by a whistling sound from behind.

He turned around to see a man with a dreadlock, clearly a wig. He was wearing a yellow oversize shirt with Bob Marley face printed on, blue shorts and sunglasses.

“Yaw!” he said.

“Buzz off!” he said, turned back to open the door with the key card.

“Do you like Bob Marley? I do. I love all of his song” His voice had a ring of sternness; he put his hand on his shoulder, gripping unconsciously.

“What the hell? Let go man!” he yelled back at him as he tried to shake his hand from his shoulder, he accidentally drops Yongsun on the floor. She hit the floor hard and lay there, emitting a low groan, too dizzy to stand, she tried to crawl from him. He looked down and tried to pick her up off the floor but once again the dreadlock guy gripped on his shoulder

“Sorry!” he said “Did I hurt you, man?”

He loses it, his jaw was clenched. He looked back, his eyes filled with pain and an unexpected anger, he shrank away from him “You !” with all his might, he swung his fist, going for the dreadlock guy’s face, but he moved sideways, another swing, another dodge, and Yoon Do growled with annoyance when he end up hitting the wall instead. His face went pale, his eyes wide, crying in pain. “!” he screamed as he knelt down holding his throbbing fist.

The dreadlock guy squat down next to him “I really love his song, no woman no cry, you know” he said before he hammered a punch to his temple and knocked him out cold. One hit. Bam. He sighed.

He looked at Yongsun now unconscious and laying on the floor. He then looked back at Yoon Do. He give him a couple of slaps on the face to make sure he is still unconscious before stepping over to where the room key card dropped. He bent to pick up the key card, swipe the key card through the lock and open the room door. He bent down again and tried to lift Yongsun from the floor but as he grasped her shoulders her eyes fluttered open “B-Byul?” she said before she out.