Chapter 15

What Does Her Heart Say?

Yongsun awoke to the sound of a soft knock on the bedroom door. She didn't want to acknowledge it and put her head under her pillow and pulled the cover over her, seeking the charms of sleep and a better dream. A few moment later she could feel someone sitting on the edge of the bed behind her, poking her, shaking her and shaking her, refusing to stop.

 

“Yong-ah, wake up”

“You are going to be late for work” Naeun said.

 

“Unnie…let me sleep…please…”she groaned and drowsily rubbed her eyes, still refused to get up. She groaned again when Naeun tried to pull her up from her bed “Get up now you sleepy head”

“Unnie…” She mumbled as she was dragged toward the bathroom.

 

Still half asleep, Yongsun slowly ed her pyjamas blouse and began taking off her clothes as she heard the bathroom door closed from outside. She got into the shower, in ten minutes Yongsun stepped out of the shower and wrapped a thick white towel around her body. She brushed her teeth as the steam cleared from the mirror. When she could see her reflection clearly, she blinked in surprise. She leaned closer to the mirror and gasped. There were hickeys mark everywhere on her neck. Byul had marked her as clearly as if she’d used a black permanent marker. She stripped of her towel and shrieked as she noticed the numerous discoloured circle on her s, stomach and inside of her thighs. Frowning, she bits her nails “Did unnie see all these?”

 

When she entered the kitchen, she saw that her brother and sister was already seated around the table, waiting for her. They was busy talking to each other. She walked over to join them. As she was about to take a seat, her brother looked up to her.

 

“Where did you go last night? You got home very late” Taemin asked.

 

“A lot of work last night…so I have to stay back” she answered with a weak smile, feeling guilty about lying to him. She hate lying to her bother. She glanced over to Naeun, she didn’t say a word she was busying arranging the food on the table. They continue talking about what happened yesterday at work, what going to happen today and what they plan for tomorrow as they were eating their breakfast. Taemin decide to leaves first, he need to be at his office early for a meeting so Yongsun offered to drop Naeun at work.

 

They left a few moment after Teamin. They got in Yongsun’s car and buckled up, Yongsun smiled to Naeun before she turn to start up the car and drive off to work. They were not talking. Why isn’t Naeun say anything? Naeun always have something to say. They always have something to talk about. Yongsun start to feel nervous. She glanced over to Naeun a few times, to see her expression remain calm. She leaned forward to switch on the radio to lessen the awkwardness.

 

“So…Yong, who gave you those hickeys?” Naeun suddenly asked.

 

Yongsun is forced to brake suddenly and turn to face Naeun, “W-what hickeys?” They were thrown forward from the sudden stop.

 

“Those marks on your neck, Yong” Naeun said as poked her neck.

 

She pulled away and touch her neck, she looked away trying to find excuse. But then the cars behind grow impatient, start honking, so she have to move on. “It’s a mosquito bites” she finally said.

 

“Is it someone at work? How long have you been together?” Naeun asked again clearly not buying her.

 

“Unnie…please don’t tell oppa… you know him. He will freak out” Yongsun begged as she went to grabbed Naeun’s hand and squashed it under her firm grasp. Naeun promised to keep it a secret between them in return Yongsun need to tell her everything, Yongsun promised her that she will when the time come. After she dropped Naeun at her workplace she continue driving to her company.

 

As she reached her company’s parking lot and park her car, she leaned her forehead on the steering wheel to pull herself together. Stupid, stupid, stupid. How is she going to tell them about the relationship? Will they accept it? She sighed. Then all of a sudden, she heard a knock on her car window that scared her to death. She looked up and it’s her, its Byul, smiling sillily at her. She pouted and swung the door open and nearly hit Byul, as she have a good reflex she jumped back avoided getting hit.

 

“You stupid, stupid, stupid” She hits Byul over and over.

 

“Woah!” Byul stepped back and covered herself from the incoming hits. She rubbed her shoulder when the hitting stopped. “Ah this violent woman” she hissed to herself. Yongsun was pouting and crossing her arm on her chest. “What did I do?” Byul asked.

 

“Look at this” Yongsun said as she pulled down the black turtleneck sweater she was wearing to show her all the marks on her neck “Why do you have to make it so visible and there was a lot too” she continued.

 

“Oh, you weren't complaining last night” Byul chuckled.

 

“Yah!” she start hitting her again only to makes Byul laughed. Yongsun noticed the wrinkles which creased the bridge of her nose as she continue laughing. So cute. Yongsun thought. “What?” Byul asked when she caught her staring at her.

 

“Not telling” Yongsun clicked her tongue and walked away.

Byul chuckle as she walked over to her and grabbed her waist. She pulled her into a back hug, her arms wrapped tightly around her, her palm placed nicely on Yongsun stomach. She leans forward to plunge her face into Yongsun’s hair, she closed her eyes and breathed deep. As ever, Yongsun was allowing her emotions to rule instead of using her head. She turned around.

“Close your eyes.” The moment she closed them, Yongsun leaned closer place a soft kiss on her lips. As Yongsun was about to pulled away, Byul grabbed her arms, slowly wrapping her arms around her waist and deepen the kiss until her breathing kicked up and her heartbeat raced. She returned Byul kiss with as much passion as her own, which caused her kiss to deepen further. They become lost in a passionate kiss. Finally realise they were still at the parking lot, Yongsun broke the kiss to look around. Byul frowned and turn to look too.

 

“What if someone see us?” she whispered. Byul sighed and leaned forward to bury her face in her neck “I don’t care” she muffled. Yongsun giggled, pulled her away and lightly pushed her on the shoulder then took her hand and walked her to the lift.

 

“What’s with the turtleneck?” Hyejin asked.

 

“Just feel like trying something new” Yongsun answered and winked at her as she put her handbag on the table, sat down on her chair. Hyejin shakes her head before she left her table and sat at her own table.

 

“Hey there beautiful” a man stop by her table to greet her.

 

“Huh?” she looked up to the man.

 

“I wonder how come someone can be so pretty like you when I saw you were walking to your table earlier. I can’t help myself to come here and say hi” he said again.

 

Yongsun glanced over to Hyejin’s table, she’s not at her placed “Where the hell did Hyejin go?” she asked herself. She glanced back at him, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, feeling a bit awkward. “T-thank you” she tried to be polite. She'd never seen him before. Is he new? A sunbae? She got no idea.

 

“Oh, where are my manners. My name is Nam Yoon Do” he held out his hand for a handshake. Yongsun slowly got up from her chair and returned the handshake.

 

“Oppa, you are back!” Hyejin call out, she walked over and gave him a hugs. Ah, he’s a sunbae. She thought as she see Hyejin know him.

 

“Oppa, this is Kim Yongsun. She transfer in while you were away” Hyejin introduced Yongsun to him after the broke from the hugs.

 

He stay awhile to have a little chit chat with them. He been trying to flirt with Yongsun by throwing her some cheesy lines here and there, she been holding back from rolling her eyes, unimpressed. Yoon Do, if Yongsun had to describe him, he is kind a good looking compares to others in her department. Her manager, Jin are not bad either. Still not as good looking as her Byul. She thought. He has nice smiling face but still not enough beat her one and only Byul’s cute smiles. Ugh she missed her already. That cologne he’s wearing, she hate that cologne! So she would took a step back whenever he got a step close. She missed Byul’s scent.

 

She was finally left alone, she need to finish up her reports that Jin personally asked her to do a while back after she got back from Japan, the reports for the project with Sega Games Co. ltd. She wasn't in a great state for analysing these complex data before, but she was ready now. She was ready now because up until now, she really didn't know that she was in love with Byul. Now that she know she just want to enjoy her time with her more, she will makes sure Byul know she loves her and Byul will know she is worthy of love. She smiled, just thinking about her. Then suddenly her cell chimed at an incoming text. She looked at her cell. She smiled and bits her lips before she opened the message.

“I missed you” she read the text.

“I don’t missed you at all” she sent the text and giggled.

A minute later her phone vibrated again with another text. “I don’t care. I still missed you” she read the text and giggled again. “I have a meeting till evening” another text come in before she could response. She frowned.

“You won’t be here for lunch?” she response the text.

“Yeah. Have dinner with me?” Byul send another text.

She pouted. She is so busy with meetings these days ever since she got back from Japan. She knew about her company signed another project with another company recently. She must be really exhausted. Suddenly she thought of something and send her a text “Dinner at my place?”

“Done. I love you” She smiled and send another text “I love you too”

Later they went to have their lunch at the café, like usual except this time, Yoon Do joined them. He took a seat next to her, so close to her. She is not dumb, she knew what’s going on right now. He was clearly trying to make a move on her. She’s not interested. She’s already belong to Byul. She leaned a bit far to the other side to make a space between them, with her elbow on the table and she placed her face on her palm. Picking up her food with the fork and slowly bring it to the mouth to take a bite. She would nodded as an agreement and simply said a few words when she was asked. So apparently Wheein knew him too. They were pretty close too. It’s mean he is a nice guy.

“Yongsun-ssi? Do you have a boyfriend?” he suddenly asked her. Wheein and Hyejin gasped before they looked over to Yongsun. They knew Yongsun have a feeling for their boss, but what they did not know was that they were already together.

“Yes, I do” Yongsun answered.