Chapter 11

What Does Her Heart Say?

“All right, that’s all everyone. Yongsun-ssi come to my office”

Yongsun nodded though still in shocked for being selected, she quickly runs over to her table to grab her pen and notebook before running back to Jin office. Jin was already there waiting for her by the door. When she was inside the room, Jin closed the door and instructed her to take a sit, so she did, she watched as Jin walked around to his own chair and take a seat. He clapped his hands once before rubbing them repeatedly together.

“So, this is what you going to do, you are going to…”

“W-wait, Manager-nim don’t you think you should bring someone with more experience than me for this task with you? I mean this is our big project and all, and I’m still new here” Yongsun finally asked.

“Don’t worry Yongsun-ssi. I believe in you on this. If you think you are lack of experience, well this is the time for you to gain some. So let’s start” he said while smiling happily.

“Yes…” the only thing she could say for now.

 

Three days later…

“Yes…”

“Don’t forget to call when you arrived” Teamin reminded for the nth times.

“Yes…oppa…”

“Don’t wonder off alone by yourself, Yong-ah” Naeun added.

“Yes…unnie…”

“And…”

“Okay stop it already you two, I’m not going there forever it’s just for a week. Will you two stop worrying already” Yongsun finally giving out.

“Ah, our Yong…” they cried as they wrapped their arms around her. They hugs her so tight that she thinks that she might pass out from the lack of oxygen, but luckily for her finally her flight number was announced. She quickly give a peck to their cheek before rushed up to the gate of her flight to Japan.

After she almost arrived at the plane door, she walked briskly toward the stewardess, dressed in red, took her half of the ticket, and showed her the way for the first-class section. This was her first time flying first class and also her first time flying to other country. So far she had mixed feelings. She liked the extra room and the thought of stretching out for the long flight. She was flying solo as her Manager already went there yesterday. She really can’t wait to be there, it’s true she was sent there for work but it’s nothing is going to stop her for a little sightseeing around Japan. She lean back against her headrest and turned to look out the window.

She arrived at the airport and spent a few of her time just looking at the hustle and bustle of people either arriving or departing with everyone looking so casual about it. She checked on her watch, it’s already nine o’clock. She was right on time. She continued to search for Terminal B. She finally arrived at the baggage claim area and walked toward the sliding door. As she walked out of the airport, a Japanese man in black suit approached her.

“Miss Kim Yongsun from High Tech? Please, right this way. I will take you to the hotel you are staying” He speaks in fluent English.

“Ah, yes…”

He politely took the luggage from her, showed her the way to a black car parked just a few meters away from where they stand. He opened the back door for her and closed it as she got in before he placed her luggage in the car’s trunk. The ride took about thirty minutes, along the way just as what she had expected she can see the towering skyscrapers and the hustle and bustle of humans as they rushed through busy lives city of Tokyo, not much different from Seoul. She finally reached the hotel, it’s one of the finest hotels in Japan. She walked into the huge hotel lobby and instantly felt self-conscious. She had never been inside such a grand place before. She approached the receptionist, a few minutes later she finally arrived at her hotel room.

As soon as she got in she was again amazed, she wasn’t aspect to be in such a luxury hotel room. There was a king-size bed covered in blue satin and stacks of pillows, the armoire was large enough to hold three person inside and there was a mini-bar sitting next to it that would certainly won’t be any use for her as she's not much of a drinker, however there were every type of junk food crammed inside waiting for her to consume. There was a dark cherry writing desk by the large white curtain, with blue and red designs and figures of angels. She walked over to open the curtain to meet the glass wall, she can see everything from there, from the top level everything looks so tiny down below. Suddenly she was interrupted by the sound of her cell phone ringing. She dived onto the bed to hunt down her handbag, fishing out her cell, checking the caller’s number before answered.

“Yes, Manager-nim?”

“Yongsun-ssi, did you enjoy your flight?” Jin asked.

“Ah, yes it was very comfortable”

“Nice, nice how was the hotel? Everything is good?” he asked again.

“Yes, Manager-nim. This is really a nice hotel” she said as she got off the bed.

“Ah I see, glad that you like it. By the way you should be at the company after lunch by 2pm. The man earlier will drive you there, he will takes you to anywhere you want to go. I’m sure he already gives his numbers to you. I hope you will do your BEST with THE PRESIDENT since I won’t be there. I have something came up at the office that I need to settle. It’s just going to be YOU and THE PRESIDENT now. So HWAITING, YONGSUN-SSI!!” he said before he hung up.

“…what just happen?” she asked herself as she sat by the edge of the bed and slowly lay down as she is trying to grasped everything that her Manager just said.  

“Please kill me now” finally realised what’s going on. She groaned and her stomach to bury her face in the pillow and try to shut out the memory of her almost kissing her boss.

She finally arrived at the company, she was greeted by one of the staff there as soon as she step in through the sliding door. She has a nice smile. Her eyes are dark and deep, and she has a short brown hair that reaches just below her ears, introduced herself as Keiko, she will be helping her while she was at the company, in Hangul. Her mother is Korean she explained. As they walked up to the third floor where Keiko said her President is waiting in a room which they will used to work together. She can’t even explained how she felt right now, to even be here with her boss and now she found out that she is going to be with her working in the same room for a week, its driving her crazy. She feels her heart speeding up in her chest, she feel like throwing up her lunch even though she was too nervous to even finish her meal. When they reach the room, Keiko excused herself. She took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled. She knocked on the door three times before she opened the door revealing her boss who was sitting by the corner on a round table focusing typing on her laptop. She was wearing a long sleeve white button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She was too focused on the visible veins in her arms that shows while she was busy typing. When suddenly her boss speak up.

“Take a look on the folders that I’ve already placed on the table over there…”Byul said without looking up.

She nodded and walked over to another table where the folders is, put her handbag down on a chair and sit down on the next chair and start reaching out for the folder.

“Oh, by the way Jin…” Byul continued.

Yongsun froze. “It can’t be…” she thought to herself before she turned to face her boss. Yongsun can clearly tell her boss was is shocked.