Chapter 19

What Does Her Heart Say?

“NO!”

“No?”

“Email?”

“NO!”

“How about…”

“I SAID NO!” she yelled at him and stormed off back to her seat.

“You better stop it, oppa” Hyejin said as she walked by heading to the copy room. Yoon Do turned around to look at her, he tailed her on to the copy room. Both walked in the copy room, Hyejin went straight to the copy machine, while he sat on the table by the copy machine, swinging his legs “What do you mean, Hyejin-ah?” he asked.

She placed a paper on the copy machine, sets the number of copies she need and pressed the start button. She turned to face him “She’s already belong to someone else so leave her alone, oppa”

“Aww, come on, it’s not like she’s married to him. I still have my chance beside she’s too cute” He chuckled.

“Just find someone else, oppa. I’m warning you.” she said.

“Why? Did you know who her boyfriend is? Someone big?”

“Yes, so back off”

“Who is it?”

“Not for me to tell” she said before she grabbed the papers out of the copy machine tray and walked out of the room.

 

A week had passed, everyone in the department was busy as the date line are closing, Wheein haven’t showed up to her table for a few days since she herself was busy on planning the design for the new project. The importance of the project is such that they cannot afford to make a mistake. Also for the past few days Yongsun haven’t seen Byul. She was busier than everyone else. Yongsun was missing her so much. Sometimes they will text each other to check on how well each other are doing. Sometimes they called just to say “I love you”.

Everyone was so busy except for this one idiot, Yoon Do. He kept on flirting with her, finding the opportunities to be alone with her, like always she didn't pay any attention to him. Yet he didn’t give up, he would sent her flowers which end up in the garbage, he also sent notes which end up in the paper shredder, he sent chocolates which end up in Wheein and Hyejin’s stomach.

Yongsun groaned. Which part of me already taken that he don’t understand. Yongsun sighed then turned to shot a death glare at Yoon Do who was smiling at her like an idiot from his table. Then she turned back to face the computer and started working on her report, she grabbed a folder on her table, open it and read on a page, flipping a few pages then turn to type on her keyboard. She was so focus on her work that she didn’t noticed Wheein was tiptoeing to the back of her chair to scares her.

“UNNIE!!” she wrapped her arms around her.

“AHHH” she was so startled, she let out a scream so loud, it made Wheein pulled away and covered her ears. Hyejin who was standing there watching from the beginning was so startled by her scream, she nearly jumped out of her skin, clutching her hand to her chest to keep her heart from bursting through. The scream alarmed the whole department’s floor making everyone up on their feet and look at them.

“You scared the hell out of me!” she got up of her chair and started hitting Wheein.

“Yah, Unnie. Stop, that’s hurt. Hyejin help!!!” she cried as she was blocking the hits.

“No. I’ve already warn you not to scares her” she crossed her arms.

The hitting finally stops when suddenly Yongsun heard her phone vibrate on the table, she turned around and checked on her phone, it was a text message from Byul “Come up”. She frowned “Go and have lunch first” she said before she walked off to the lift.

At the same time Wheein was rubbing her arms “You jerk. That’s hurt” she kicked Hyejin’s leg. “Yah!” Hyejin yelled at her, now bending down rubbing her leg. Yoon Do who just got there frowned at them, wondering what happen, he did noticed that Yongsun just walked passed him “What happen? Where’s Yongsun-ssi going?” he asked.

“Leave her alone!” both of them yelled at him making him startled.

 

“Hello, Yongsun-ssi” Seulgi greeted.

“Hi, Seulgi-ssi” she greeted back.

“Why are you up here? To see the President? Isn’t it lunch time already?” she asked as she glanced at the watched on her wrist before she looked back at Yongsun, confused.

“Ah, w-well I have no idea either” she stuttered.

“I see…I’ll be going then, see you later Yongsun-ssi” Seulgi bowed her head before she walked away. Yongsun sighed, then she began pacing the length of the hallway to Byul’s room, she herself wondering why did Byul asked to meet her. Did she made a mistake on the reports? She thought.

She sighed again before she knocked on the door then slowly opened the door and took a peeked inside. She saw Byul’s was leaning back in her chair, talking on her cell phone, signalling her to come in. She closed the door and before she could started walking to her, she was signalled to lock the door. She frowned but still turned around to lock the door. Then she walked over to the stand by her table, once again Byul signalled her to come closer. She tilted her head to the side, shrugged slightly before she walked around the table and now standing in front of her. Byul held out her hand “Who’s responsible to do a re-test on the program?” she asked on the phone. Yongsun frowned, confused as she looked at Byul’s hand held up in front of her, she mouthed the word “What?” Byul rolled her eyes “When did he tested it? I need full report of it” she pointed to Yongsun and signalling her to come closer. So she took a step closer, before she know it she was grabbed by her wrist and was now sitting on Byul’s laps making her shrieked and struggled. “I want the test report on my table one hour from now” she ordered before she end her call.

Quickly Byul wrapped her arms around Yongsun’s waist after she tossed her phone away on the table, smiling at her. Yongsun threw her arms around her neck, giggling as she pressed little kisses over her lips. “Wow President-nim, did you call me up here just to make me sits on your laps?” She grinned.

“Maybe…maybe not…” Byul moved her hands to her hips as she pressed her lips softly into Yongsun’s neck. Her lips parted as she kissed the nape of her neck. Yongsun closed her eyes, breathing deeply, she tilted her head, giving her better access, and entwined her hands in her hair, holding her to her. She teased the V at the base of her neck with her tongue and left a hot trail of kisses along her collarbone. She moaned. “I’m sorry…” Byul muffled into her neck.

Upon hearing her apology Yongsun opened her eyes and pulled away to looked at her face, cupped her face in her hands “What are you sorry for?” Byul leans back, she sighed, “I was too busy to spend time with you” Yongsun caressed her face never taking her eyes off hers “You have to work, Byul-ah. I understand. Just please don’t overwork yourself. You looked so tired, Byul-ah” she can see the tiredness in Byul’s eyes, her eyes looked so dark, rimmed with fatigue. Byul nodded her head a little and give her a smiled.

Yongsun leaned down, kissing her forehead, eyelids, on the tip of her nose and down to her lips. She kissed her slowly and thoroughly. Kissed her with the desperation she felt after a week of missed opportunities. And Byul kissed her back with a fervour that matched her own. The kiss grew hotter, deeper, more and more intense with every second that their lips and tongues collided. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach as she gripped Byul’s collar shirt and pulled her closer to her.

Knock! Knock! Yongsun flinched when she heard the knock at the door. She knew she should pull away from the kiss but the more their tongue duelled and feasted the more refused to do anything but stay put and get everything that Byul was offering. Byul was laying it on thick and she was enjoying every single minute of it. When she heard another knocked on the door, leaving her no choice but to pull away from the kisses. Byul groaned in frustration.

“We have to stop there was someone at the door” she was trying to catch her breath after the kissing. “No” Byul refused. Instead she forced up against her neck. She squirmed, struggling to get off her laps. Byul refused to let her go. “Moon Byul Yi, let go of me right now!” she scolded her. Once again she groaned “Fine” she lifted both of her arms up in the air letting her go, pouting. Yongsun chuckled then she quickly get up to tidy herself up a bit. She pecked Byul on the lips and hurried out to the door.

Yongsun gasped when she opened the door. “Ah, Hello Yongsun-ssi” Jin greeted.

“Hello, Manager-nim. Urm, bye” she bowed and dashed off to the lift, making Jin blinked a few times before he turned around and walked into Byul’s room. He chuckled when he saw looked at Byul.

“Sup, Long time no see, my friend!” he said as he slid down in the chair.

“What do you want?” Byul asked as she picked up her phone, scrolling through her emails.

“Oh nothing. Just here being a good friend to remind you that we are going to China tomorrow for a three days business trip”

“Tsk, I know that already” Byul simply said.

“Or do you prefer Yongsun-ssi to go with you instead?”

“Do you want me to throw this phone on your face?” Byul looked up and glared at him.

“I think I just got something important to do right now, so no thanks” he quickly got up from the chair and heads to the door.

Before he got out from the room, standing by the opened door, he turned around and smirked “Oh by the way didn't know you two share a lipstick” then he closed the door.

 

Somewhere at the furthest from the secondary emergency stairs, known to the staff as the “make out” stairs someone was talking to his phone.

“Yes, sir” he said.

“I’m trying my best, sir”

“I’m so sorry”

“Yes, sir, I will”

Then he end up the call. He got very pissed off. He bared his teeth and wrinkled his forehead, clenching his fists “! I need to work fast”