Chapter 18

What Does Her Heart Say?

They sat on the couch, no one said a word. Yongsun looked at Taemin and Naeun then at Byul, she slipped her fingers into hers, held her hand tight. Making Byul turned to face her, seeing her still had her head down, she look at the trembling hands that was holding hers for a moment then looked at the two person looking down at their feet in front of her that she had no idea who there are. She did called that man, oppa. Her sibling perhaps. She wanted to ask but she sensed that it’s better if she don’t say a word yet. Several minutes passed. Eventually it was Yongsun who broke the silence.

“Oppa, unnie I…”

“How long have you too been dating?” Naeun cuts.

“Two days” Byul answered at the speed of light.

Almost jumped off the couch, he looked at Yongsun. Two days and she’s already bought her home. Really Yong-ah. And it’s a woman?! Aren’t she straight? As far as he know she’s been dating only guys. He looked at Byul, well he can’t denied the fact that she has natural good looks, is not heavy on her makeup and has long dark blue hair, a long pointy face with seductive gaze giving her a mannish appearance, and her low and deep voice seems to match her masculine look. “I guess she seduce my Yong” he thought.

“I’m Moon Byul Yi. I’m…” she introduced herself.

“We know who you are” Teamin cuts. Of course he knew her, in business world she’s like a celebrity. Everyone in business idolize her, dreams to be like her even envy her. He was the most happy when Yongsun told him that she get to work in her company. He was so happy that he can’t stopped bragging about it to his friends at work. But he would have never thought that she would be dating his little sister.

Suddenly Byuls’s phone rang, she let go of Yongsun’s hand and got up from the couch, went into Yongsun’s room. Yongsun got up too in a reflex and she stood there, feeling anxious, watching her back disappear through her door, a moment later Byul come out holding her phone to her ear.

“Yeah, I’ll be there” she said and end the call, slip the phone into her pocket.

“I need to go” She said as she walked to Yongsun. At the same time Taemin and Naeun was already on their feet.

“But you haven’t eaten yet. Aren’t you hungry?” she was worried, she grabbed on her arm.

“I’ll eat later. Don’t worry” she said and smiled, took her index finger and tapped her nose, then she hold her face in her hands as she dropped soothing kisses on her forehead. She looked at Teamin and Naeun and nodded her head before she walked out of the house. Once again she stood there, watching her back disappear through the front door.

When the door closed she looked down “I know, you are disappoint in me oppa but I love her. I really love her” she said as she turn around to face them, her eyes were starting to tear up.

“Yong-ah” Teamin sighed as he walked over to her, pulled her closer, hugging her close to his chest. Her tears is his weakness. He couldn't bared to see his beloved little sister cried. “I wish you’ve told me” he continued. He could feel her love for Byul, he knows her well and knows her temperament, what she likes and dislikes. He knows because she'd never bring her date home.

She looked up to her brother, frowning “You are not mad at me?” she blinked and a tear fell down her cheek.

“Of course not. We will always support you, Yong-ah” Naeun said softly, rubbing behind her back. She turned to face Naeun, now standing next to her. Taemin used his sleeve to wipe the tears trickling down her cheeks. “Always remember we love you, Yong-ah” she continued.

“I love you guys too” she grabbed them and hugged them really hard.

They broke the hugs a moment later, Taemin messed with her hair a little before he walked away to his room, he need to get ready for work.

“You lucky little brat, how did you manage to get her to fall for you?” Naeun . She playfully smacked her shoulder as her laughter pealed through the living room. Yongsun chuckled, rubbing her shoulder and turned to seat on the couch. Naeun joined her on the couch.

“I don't know what you're talking about, unnie” she leaned back and crossed her long legs, arms crossed, grinning widely. Then they looked at each other, and began to laugh. They continued to talk. Yongsun shrieked and had to bury her face into the pillow out of embarrassment when Naeun mention about the hickeys on her neck and of course about the sound they heard from her room. Is she really that good in kissing? Is she fun to hang out with? Is she romantic? She was bombarded with questions.

“Unnie…” She can feel heat spreading across her face and neck, she can tell her face was so red right now, she definitely looked like a tomato.

“Bring her home again” Naeun said. Grinning, she nudged her with her elbow.

“Your room is off-limits” they heard Taemin shouted from his room.

 

“What’s with the fake moustache and beard?” the first thing she asked as slid the chair and took a seat. She sat at an outside table of a fancy restaurant. She looked up at the sky, it’s a nice weather.

“Don’t I look like Johnny Depp?” he said as he played with his beard, lifting an eyebrow.

“Tsk, Johnny Depp my ” she said as she looked over the menu.

A waitress came over to take her orders “Damn, I should have wear a blue contacts lenses” he continued as he sips on his coffee. Ignoring him she continue scanning the menu in hand. He glanced over to the waitress and smirked. Little did Byul know that the waitress had been checking her out while she was busy looking at the menu.

Byul orders a salad with no dressing but extra croutons. Then she orders soup and fruit. She also orders a steak, baked potato, and green beans. “Make it quick” she demand as she looked up to looked at the waitress and passed her the menu, the waitress blushed at the sudden eye contact, bowed her head and leave the table.

“Woah, can you finish all that?” he asked.

“I’m starving” she simply answered.

“How’s my sister-in-law doing?”

“About that…we got caught” she sighed.

“What do you mean you got caught?” he asked.

Byul told him everything that happen. There are no secret between them anyways. A moment later the outside of the restaurant echoed with his laughter, making everyone turned their head to look at them. He had his head thrown back and was laughing so hard, he had tears in his eyes. Byul leaned her elbow on the table and put her head in her hands, facing the street, she sighed. The laughter began to slow down when the waitress are back with her drink and salad.

She tuck her hair behind her ear “Your stick will be ready in ten minutes” she shyly smiled. Byul looked up and nodded, she took a sips of her drink immediately, moisten her dry throat. The waitress bowed and left. She put on some more make-up huh. He snorted.

“Well since you got out there alive. It’s mean you’ve pass” he took a fork and steal a salad from her plate. Byul continue shoving the salads into . Too hungry to even pay attention with his nonsense.

“You should thanks me Byul-ah. If wasn’t for my call you would have stuck there with them. Awkward!” he laughed again.

“Why are you even here, oppa?”

“What? Can’t I come and visit my cute little hamster?” he said as he leaned over to pinch her cheek.

“Go and kill yourself” she slapped away his hand, just in time the waitress are back with her steak. “The desert will be served in five minutes” she said as she carefully placed the plate in front of Byul. While she was doing serving Byul, she was secretly stole a glanced at Byul’s face, a pink tint to her cheeks can be seen. She bowed and leaves again. Tsk, Tsk Byul-ah. He thought to himself.

“Harsh” he chuckled. He leaned back in the chair, looked up and sighed. They fell into silence. Listening to the sound of a car passing by the restaurant in the street mixed with the sound of people talking as they pass us and the people sitting at the tables around us. His eyes settle on a couple sitting with their two kids, laughing and talking to each other.

“How was he?” he finally sound serious.

“Still on the bed” Byul said as she continue to cuts her steak and took a bite. She glanced over to Minhyuk who was staring at a direction, she follows his gaze, settling on a table opposite to theirs and sighed, putting down her fork and knife. “He doesn’t have much time left” she said looking at him.

“I see…” he said eyes still on the couple. They look so happy together. He thought. He wonder what would it be like if their mother was still alive. Will they earn happiness? Will they enjoy a better family life? Will their father treat them better? Will he even run away from home? So many thoughts were going through his head now that he felt dizzy.

“! Where’s my soup” she blurted out making his jumped off his chair.

“Yah, Byul do want me to die of heart attack?” he said as he rubbed his chest.

“Tsk, stupid” she snorted as the waitress hurried to their table. “I’m sorry if we took too long to serve your soup” she nervously placing the soup on the table.

“It’s fine” she smirked. This time she looked away, as if she were embarrassed. “Err…if u need anything please call me” she said as she bowed and slowly walked away, and stop to glanced over her shoulder and bites her lip before continue walking away. Like nothing happened Byul started to sips her soup.

“Freaking lady killer” he muttered under his breath.

“Did you say something?” she asked as she stopped sipping her soup.

 

Yongsun was busy typing on the keyboard when a knock on her table interrupting her concentration. She looked up from the screen. Yoon Do was smiling cheekily at her. “Yes, Yoon Do-ssi?”

“Do you need any help or something?” he grabbed a chair, slide it next to Yongsun and sat down on the chair.

Yongsun sighed, she shakes her head and back to facing the computer screen, began typing on the keyboard “Nope” she said. “Please go back to your table, Yoon Do-ssi” she continued.

“Aww, but I’ve got nothing to do. I’m bored” he pouted.

“Ugh” rolling her eyes as if she found his attentions mildly annoying even though she wasn’t looking at him. She tucked her hair behind her ear. It fell out again, she groaned, she takes the hair band from her wrist and ties up her hair in bun, immediately taking a more professional posture. She turned and frowned when she heard his chuckled.

“What?” she asked.

“You are so cute when you’re angry” he grinned.

Once again she groaned “Look Yoon Do-ssi. I’m trying to do my job here so will you please go away? Go and annoy Hyejin or someone else” She said.

“Ah, am I annoying you? Sorry about that…” he sighed, slowly got up from the chair and dragged the chair away.

Seeing how hurt he looked Yongsun couldn’t help but feel a little bit guilty. Maybe she was too harsh on him. She thought. He was just trying to be friendly. She got up immediately and grabbed on his chair. He turned around with the confusing look on his face. “Sorry I didn’t mean it like that” Yongsun said.

“Apology accepted” he clicked his tongue. “On one condition” he continued.

“Really now…” Yongsun sighed.

“Gimme your phone number” he grinned.

“What?”