Chapter 10

What Does Her Heart Say?

For five long seconds they hold each other's gaze and Yongsun is forced to look away. She clear .

“President-nim, I’m here to return your clothes. I‘ve never get to say thank you properly for saving me that night. So thank you so much. I’m also so sorry that I have cause you so much trouble” She put the paper bag on Byul’s table and give a 90 degrees bow. As Yongsun lift her head up she noticed Byul remain staring at her, not moving or say anything. Feeling slightly uncomfortable with her stares, she bow again before she turns around and walk to office’s door.

“Unnie believe me, I think she got a thing for you” Wheein said.

“Wheein-ah, she is our boss. Beside we are both girls. It’s weird” Yongsun opposed.

“What’s so weird about it?” Hyejin interrupted.

“W-what? Don’t you think it’s weird for girls liking girls?” Yongsun asked.

“Nope” both answered in unison.

The conversation with Wheein and Hyejin in the cafe earlier keeps playing over and over in her mind. It can’t be right? Her boss is not like that right? She thought. As she reached the door and grasped the handle to open the door, suddenly a hand coming from behind slam on the door next to her face, preventing from her to open the door. Completely in shocked, she turn around to meet a pair of alluring eyes. Her breathing stopped immediately. Their faces are so close, she could feel her boss’s breath fanning against her cheek. Byul left’s palm against the door, Yongsun back was leaning flat against the door.

“P-president-nim?”

“What have you done to me, Kim Yongsun?” Byul asked as she brought her other hand to cup Yongsun’s face in her palm.

“I, I don’t…” she was cut.

“This beautiful hair of yours…” she said as she runs her fingers through Yongsun’s hair to bring a strand of Yongsun’s hair to her lips, she kept her eyes on Yongsun’s eyes as she kissed it before she tucked it behind Yongsun’s ear. She flinched as she feels Byul’s colds fingers slightly brushed her ears.

“This captivating brown eyes of yours…” she said, now running her fingers lightly over her Yongsun’s face. She watched as Yongsun slowly closing her eyes, her breathing became heavy by each touch, a red crimson reddening her cheeks and face. She stop when her fingers reached Yongsun’s lips.

“This lips, that’s always smiling so brightly. This soft lips of yours…” she said as her fingers caressing Yongsun’s cheek, her thumb rubbing gently across Yongsun’s parted lips. She can feel her hot breathing over her fingertips. She watched as Yongsun’s lips trembled at the touch, still has her eyes closed. She removed her hand from her lips, she drops her hand to grabbed Yongsun’s hand. Surprised by the sudden loss of touch by her boss, Yongsun opened her eyes slowly, she frowned. She brought Yongsun’s hand and placed it against her chest. Yongsun watched as her palm now placed on Byul’s chest.

“Can you feel it? Everything that I mention just now about you cause that. It was trying to say something…” Yongsun turned to look into Byul’s eyes. She can't even bring herself to say the word, she stands tree-stiff. She can feel her boss’s heart is beating so fast and her eyes are darker now and full of lust. It is both and comforting.

“What does my heart say, Kim Yongsun?” she continued.

The room went silent the only sound they could hear was the deep heavy breathing rushing from their body and the pulsating beats of their heart. They are back into staring into each other's eyes. Byul moved closer. She move so close that their lips almost touching, drawing on each other's energies, bathing each other warmly in a flood of emotion. As they continued to slowly melt into each other's gentle embrace the heat from Byul’s chest against Yongsun’s chest made her their heart throb in a strange, heavy, warm way. Byul was so close that Yongsun’s lips were scorched by the heat of Byul’s breath. They closed their eyes as, Byul tilted her face to meet their lips when suddenly a cell phone start ringing.

“Tsk” Byul sighed as she stepped back a few inches. Yongsun slowly opened her eyes to see Byul is smirking at her. Realising what just happen she covered with both of her palm. She could feel the heat of her embarrassment crawling like flames all over her face.

“Go home, Kim Yongsun” she said as she grasped the door’s handle and open the door for her. Her other hand reached into her pocket to answered her cell.

“Yes, father” Byul answered as she watched Yongsun dashed out as soon as the door behind her opened, she was practically running over to the lift’s door. Byul keep on watching as the lift door opened, Yongsun got in and the door closed.

“Are you even listening to me?” she heard her father asked from the other line.

“Yes, I am father” she closed her door and walked back to her seat.

 

Back at home, Yongsun was walking back and forth in her bedroom, biting on her right’s thumbnail. She was still trying to figures out what just happened earlier in her boss’s office. Did they almost kissed? Is that mean her boss like her? Did she just compliment her in the most seductive way? All these confusing thoughts keep running through her head, but the most confusing thought was when she feel so frustrated when the kiss didn’t happened. Does that mean she likes her too? Does that mean she want to kiss her boss too? She thought. She threw herself on her bed, and lay gazing at the ceiling wall. She put her hand on the heart, feeling the beat. Her heart was still beating so fast. She kept remember her boss smirked at the end, even her smirked looks y.

“What is happening to you, Kim Yongsun?” she sighed.

 

“Someone can’t seem to sleep last night”

“Tsk, shut up Jin”

Byul continue to grabs another folder and flipped through the pages. Jin sit down on the chair in front of her table. He leans against the table with both arms on the table and rest his head on his palm smiling at Byul.

“I wonder why you can’t sleep last night. Thinking of someone?” Jin said smiling.

“Go and do your job” Byul simply reply in her low tone, eyes still on the papers.

“Okay, you are the boss” he got up as he know pretty well what that low tone mean, he walked out of the room while whistling.

Byul sighed as the door closed. She closed the folder in her hand and put it aside. She covered her face with her palms. She can’t stop thinking about her, Jin was right, she can’t sleep last night after what happened last night. She suddenly remembered her conversation with Jin before, on that day when she first confessed about the feeling for Yongsun.

“You don’t think this is wrong?” Byul asked.

“With you? Definitely not. I think it would be weird if you fall for a man instead” Jin answered.

“Huh? What’s that supposed to mean? Never mind that. She would only thing I’m weird” Byul said as she got up from her chair. Turned around to look out the view outside the office building.

“She might be. She might be not. Aren’t you the great Moon Byul Yi? You never afraid of anything. You always gets what you want” He said as he got up and walked and joined Byul by her side, observing the beautiful view outside.

She sighed as she lean back in her chair. “She didn’t push me away when I tried to kiss her last night” She thought.

“Unnie, are you even listening?” Hyejin scolded.

“I feel like I’ve been talking to your table. What’s wrong with you?”

Yongsun was burying her face in her arms on the table. Yongsun lift up her head and turned to look at Hyejin. She opened to say a few word.

“Woah, you look like . What did you do last night?” Hyejin cuts her off. She grabbed Yongsun’s face and start squishing her cheeks.

Stop, stop, pay attention for a minute, ladies…and gentlemen” Jin stared clapping his hand to get everyone attention. Everyone start to get up on their feet and walked over to where Jin was standing.

“Okay, as everyone know we are going to be really busy preparing for our coming project from now on” Everyone started to murmur between them.

“I will get straight to the point. I need one of you to come with me to Japan for a week to work on our first stage of the project. I have already decide that Kim Yongsun will be joining me” Jin continued.

“Yes? Me?” as she pointed to herself.