Chapter 16

What Does Her Heart Say?

“Yes I do”

“What? Wait, I though you likes our…” Hyejin kicked on Wheein’s leg under the table before she could continue.

“Ouch, what the hell?” Wheein winced, she reached down to rub her leg.

Yongsun continued “Yes I am dating someone and I am soooooo in love with that person. No wait. I’m crazy in love with that person, I love everything about that person, the way that person look at me with those eyes that filled with passion and love, the way that person would smiles when that person sees me squeezes my heart, the way that person smell, a wonderful smell that was surely calm me whenever we hugs each other. I can’t stop thinking about that person, in fact I’m thinking about that person right now. I’m so helplessly in love with that person and when that person would touch…”

“Unnie! We get it, we get it already” Hyejin stopped her.

“Geez, unnie you don’t have to explain in detail” Wheein said.

Yoon Do have to clear his throat once, twice. He didn't actually seem to have anything caught in his throat, he was simply feeling awkward about the situation he in right now. He suddenly just laughed it off laugh trying to make the situation less awkward

“Ah, I’m sorry I just feels like sharing my love life with Yoon Do-ssi here and…” before she could finished her sentences her cell rings. She smiled and runs her fingers through her hair “Speak of the devil” she said before she held the phone up to her ear and answered the call.

“Hey baby, I’ve missed you” she said in her low y voice.

Wheein and Hyejin turned to look at each other “What’s going on?” Wheein whispered to Hyejin, she shrugged. Hyejin who was sitting opposite of Yongsun was in shocked the most. She clearly saw the caller ID on Yongsun’s cell earlier, the person number was saved as “Byulkong”. “What the ?” she thought to herself.

“Are you trying to seduce me? Because you know you have already own my soul” Byul chuckled.

“I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since what we did last night” she bit her lower lip as she twirled a strand of hair.

Wheein who was sipping her drink almost spit it all over Yoon Do’s face who was sitting in front of her. Her eyes went wide. “Omo, unnie” she gasped.

Clearly feeling uncomfortable, Yoon Do was fidgeting in his seat, he glanced over Yongsun who keep talking to the phone then turned to smile at Wheein and Hyejin before he excused himself and left the table. Hyejin sighed as she watched him left. Wheein could only pouted, before both of them turned to face Yongsun and give her a death glared. She shrugged and continue talking to the cell phone. She didn’t even glanced at him when he was leaving.

“Don’t make me go there, Yongsun-ah” Byul hissed.

“Easy tiger, why did you call by the way?” She finally asked.

“I was feeling a little off today, but hearing your sweet voice definitely ”

“Oh my god, since when are you this greasy?” she can’t help but feels hot all over her face.

“You started it” she laughed. Before Yongsun could response, Hyejin clears , signalling her to end the call immediately while Wheein was leaning her face against the table still pouting at her. They wanted to talk to her. They need some answers now. She glanced over and gasped realising what she just got herself into. Well, perfect. She thought.

“Byul-ah, I’ll talk later” She said

“Ah, ok see you tonight then. Love you”

“L-love you too” She end the called, weakly smiling at them, she slowly put down the phone on the table.

“Talk!” both said in unison.

“Well…we are officially dating” she said making a peace sign.

“Since when?” they asked in unison.

“Last night…”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” they asked again in unison.

By this time Yongsun was impressed by how they manage to talks in unison, it's like they have telepathy the way their brains work the same way, knowing what the other's going to say. “I guess that’s what happen when you spend so much time together” she though.

Truthfully she wasn’t planning to tell them like this, she was planning to tell them today but that Yoon Do starting to gets on her nerved, from the moment he been flirting with her earlier this morning and now he really overstepped the boundaries when he asked her about her love life out of nowhere. Who does he think he is? Just because he’s close to Wheein and Hyejin doesn’t mean he can be all cosy with her. They just meet today, sunbae or not he totally crossed the line. Beside now he would stop flirting since he now know she’s taken. “I was planning to tell you guys but you guys was so busy talking to your Yoon Do, oppa” she said as she sips on her drink.

“Oh” the said once again in unison. Yongsun can’t help but burst out into laughter. They look at her and asked “What’s so funny?”

After lunch, she use up all of her time to finish up her report. After it’s done she carefully checked her figures a few times before she heads over to Jin’s room. She knocked before opening the door and peek inside. Jin looked up and smiled.

“Ah, Yongsun-ssi, come in” he said.

She bowed her head and enter the room, she walked over to his desk “Manager-nim, the report that you asked, I’ve already finish it. Here’s the folder” she held out the folder for him to take.

“Take a seat, please” he said as he took the folder. She slid the chair back and started to sit down. Jin opened the folder and flipped through the pages slowly. Both hands on her laps, she waited quietly while he read.

“You know I’ve never seen Byul this happy ever since we became friend” he said as he read the report. “I mean she does smile sometimes, but as a friend I can tell there is something missing in her smile. But lately I found her smile was genuine” he added when he saw Yongsun lift an eyebrow at him. He put the folder aside and lean back in his chair

“I’ve known everything about that idiot, she could be such a stubborn pain in the sometimes, such a ing selfish bastard, insanely impatience piece of , annoying and not to forget a manipulating .” Yongsun could only open without any sound coming forth, eyes wide open, not knowing what to say or what to do when a negative and very insulting comments were made about the person she in love with. Plus this person who is insulting her was her manager and her best friend.

“I don’t blame her for acting like that. It was not her fault entirely. She was raised like that. You see Yongsun-ssi, her mother died giving birth to her, her father's happiness had died with her mother. Her father buried himself into his work, ignoring her, she’d been left home alone with no friends and no one to talk to. Imagine how horrible to be living like that. She kept a large portion of herself closed off from everyone, even me. She only let me in part of the way. No matter how I tried to break down those walls, I just couldn't. Eventually I stopped trying” he stopped talking for a while observing Yongsun’s facial expression. He could see all the confusion in her face, it was evident that shock was starting to set in.

“Do you still remember that day when we visited the company you were working for?” Jin asked.

“Yes…” she answered. How would she not remember, everyone's so thrilled about the visit. She remembered her friends even went shopping a few days before the visit to dress up for Byul. She always knew Byul was famous especially among girls, the ultimate girl crush they named her. She was everywhere, on television, on radio, on newspaper, on magazine just name it. Thinking back she couldn’t understand at first of why are the girls head over heels for her. Well now she knows.

“That’s when I decide to give it another shot” he smiled.

Yongsun walked slowly to her seat, she sat down on her chair, sat back for a moment, biting the end of her pen, one of habit she had picked up as a child when she was in deep thought. She couldn’t believe what Jin just told her she feels happy and sad at the same time. She was happy to know that she could help Jin on changing Byul and then to find out how she was treated as a child, she feel bad for her. She must had suffered so much. She thought. She know now, she know that she would do everything in her power to make sure Byul won’t suffer anymore, this is a promised she wanted to keep.

She put down the pen and lean over to reach over her cell, opened it and start typing.

“Don’t be late” she send the text.

A moment later, it’s time to go home. She was getting ready to go home. Wheein and Hyejin won’t stop teasing her knowing that Byul would be visiting her later.

“Behave tonight, unnie” Hyejin grinned before she ran off with Wheein laughing.

Yongsun could only shakes her head and walked to the lift. As she was walking her name was called “Yongsun-ssi” she turned to the owner of the voice, Yoon Do.

“I well…I want to say I’m sorry if I’ve made you uncomfortable earlier” he said.

Yongsun sighed, he does look sorry. “I’m sorry too that our first meeting have to be like this” she said.

“So friend?” he asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Of course, Yoon Do-ssi” she smiled before she turned around and walked away.