Chapter 21

What Does Her Heart Say?

“That’s was fast” said the dreadlock guy once he open the door.

He was pushed aside just as his visitor entered the room, he chuckled softly as he closed the door behind him. He walked over to the desk and pulled the chair across the floor so that it was positioned at the edge of the bed facing the visitor.

“She’s fine, Byul-ah” he said

“Where is he?” she said, moving to the side of the bed. She stood there looking down at Yongsun there asleep. She clenched her hands into fists, she was so angry at the thought of that filthy bastard trying to lay his hand on her. How could he? To this angel like person. She thought.

“I’ve already took care of him and don’t worry the drug that he gave her won’t harm her” he said while playing with his wig.

“You look tired, take a rest Byul-ah” he said, he got up and gently gripped her shoulder with his hand.

Byul didn’t say a word, she nodded and reached up to grab hold of her brother’s hand on her shoulder as she keep staring at Yongsun sleeping face, she has a lot on her mind right now. She’s been having this bad feeling ever since the meeting between her father and her the other day. She had a feeling that her father had been planning something deceitful behind her back. She had this slightest idea that her father will do something bad to Yongsun so she told her brother about it. Her brother offered to watch over her while she was away at China. And she was right.

“Thank you” she said. She moved closer to the bed, bent down, she gathered Yongsun into her arms and gently lifted her up then carried her out of the room.

Minhyuk watched as her little sister walked out of the room with her lover in her arms. He allowed himself to slump into the cushioned-leather chair and staring at the ceiling. He took of his wigs and dropped it on the floor “, she doesn’t even make fun of my outfit” he sighed before he dozed off.

A few moment later they arrived at Byul’s apartment. She carried her up the stairs to her bedroom and placed her on her bed. She took off her jacket, tossed it on a chair. She got into the bed and lay down on her side, facing Yongsun. She gently touched her face while brushing her hair to each side, away from her face. Tenderly her face. She looked like a perfect princess, very dainty looking and soft, with perfect hair and skin. She is unbelievably beautiful, just breathtaking. Her cheek looked very smooth and round. Her lips had that determined curve which had always made her want to smile.

She shifted closer kissing her forehead. “I love you so much, Kim Yongsun” she said as she reached out and wrapped her arms around her, pulling her closer to her chest. Stirred slightly, Yongsun mumbled as she snuggled closer, burrowing her nose into her neck, sending shivers down her back as her lips innocently grazed her skin. Byul chuckled, she plant a kissed on top of her head, closed her eyes and slowly fell asleep.

The bright light shone through her closed eyelids. She attempted to slowly open her eyes, but then shut them again quickly because of the brightness. She slowly opened her eyes again. It felt as if a hammer was pounding her temples and smashing against her skull. She raised her hand to her throbbing head. She paused. She could feel the warmth and tenderness of her hand through her dress as it rested gently on her stomach, she recognised this warmth. “Byul?” she called.

She looked around, although this is her second time here, remember the room very well. She turned her face to confirm the owner of the hand, she was right it was Byul. Byul was sleeping soundly and peacefully. Her sensuous mouth was slightly parted and her breathing was steady. Yongsun couldn't help but to touch her beloved face, her fingers tracing the strong contours of her cheekbones and jaw before running over her bottom lip. She was trying to remember what she did last night to possibly put her in the state that she's in now had her puzzled. How did she end up in her bed with her? When and why did she come back to Seoul? Aren't she supposed to be in China right now? What happened last night? What happened to that jerk, Yoon Do? She had so many questions on her mind right now. She closed her eyes and tried to think hard, but each time she closed her eyes she just had a picture in her head of her been dragged around by Yoon Do and then everything went black.

“Morning princess” Yongsun’s eyes opened by Byul’s husky voice with sleep. Just the sound was enough to send her heart racing.

Byul slipped her hand around her waist and gently pulled her closer, snuggling into her neck. “Byul, what’s going on? Why are you here? How did I get here? What happen last night” Yongsun asked.

“Why? You don’t like being here with me?” Byul asked her, gently kissing her neck.

Yongsun gasped at the sensations “N-no it’s not that. Hmm, a-aren’t you supposed to be in China?” It was hard to talk when she keep on kissing her neck like that, she made butterflies dance in her belly.

Instead of answering her, Byul slowly got up, leaning up on one elbow facing her. She lightly cupped her chin, guiding her to meet her gaze. She leaned down and kiss the provocative lips. Yongsun returned her kiss, closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around her shoulders. How she missed kissing her beloved Byul. She missed touching her. She missed how secure she made her feel. She missed seeing her loving face and hearing her tender voice. She pulled her down closer to deepen the kiss. After the kiss was over, she kept her arms around her neck. Byul ran her fingers through her hair where he smoothed it with her hands, then she cupped her cheek and ran her thumb over her lips, staring into her eyes.

“What’s wrong, Byul-ah” she asked as she stared back into her eyes, puzzled eyes, worried eyes. She could sense her insecurity. She could tell there was something bothering her.

Byul remain quiet for a moment, she keep on staring down at yongsun’s eyes. Yongsun could only stare back before Byul pulled away her hand from her cheek, gently removed her arms around her neck, sitting up on the edge of the bed. She got up and sits on the bed. She couldn't mutter up a word to say, so instead she just stared at her back with a dumbfounded look.

“Will you forgive me?” Byul asked, lowering her head.

Yongsun frowned, “What’s there to forgive, Byul-ah? You haven't done anything wrong”

Byul shakes her head “It was my father, Yongsun-ah” she blurted out. She told her everything. She told her about her father evil plan for her. She told her that Yoon Do been working for her father and the fact that her father hired him to ruin their relationship. She felt the weight of her father sins on her shoulders, seethed in her own embarrassment, converted it into anger. She always knew he was a ruthless man, he was capable of doing anything he could just to get what he want. She knew all his dark secrets, the facts about the lives he'd destroyed, all those people he had humiliated just to get to the top. Her whole body is shaking as she continued to talk about her father. “I understand if u can’t forgive me” she feel guilty for she almost ruin Yongsun’s life.

She was about to get up when she felt an arms wrapping around her shoulders from the back. “It’s not your fault” she cried in Byul’s ear as she draped over top of her hugging her tightly.

Byul could feel Yongsun’s warm tears dripping onto her shoulder. Byul turned around and faced her to wipe away her tears before she hugged her so tightly. Yongsun hugged her just as tight. At the same time Byul promised to herself that from now on she won't let anything happen to her. She will always and forever be there with her. She would keep her safe. Even if doing so meant going against her own father.

That afternoon, Minhyuk slowly drove in up in the winding driveway to the front of a mansion. At the centre of the circled driveway was a large estate Mediterranean fountain he stopped the car. He took a deep breath, let it out slowly, and got out of the car before he could change his mind. He hates being here. He hates this mansion. Only bad memories dwelled in this place.

He knocked. Soon after, the door opened. Just inside stood the butler, he gave him a surprised look. “Young master” he said. He bowed and move aside to let him in.

“Take me to my father” Minhyuk ordered.

“Y-yes, this way” he obeyed.

As they walked over to his father’s room, he noticed the place hadn't changed much since he had been there. Everyone that he passed by would stop and stare at him, whispering to each other. “Yeah that’s right I’m back” he talked to himself.

He finally at his room’s door. The butler dismissed himself. Without knocking he swung the door opened surprising the nurse inside, she was changing his IV bag. His father glanced over at him, looking at him a moment before he sighed then looked away.

“You can leave after you’ve done your job. It’s family meeting” he said. Shoving his hands into his jeans pockets, walking pass the bed to look through the glass sliding doors.

When the nurse finally left them alone, “You don't seem surprise to see me”

“Should I be surprised?” his father asked.

He chuckled “You’ve never change, huh, old man. Still the same cold and heartless man I know”

“Leave if you are only here to mock me”

“Oh, I will leave. There’s nothing good for me being here anyway. This place is suffocating me and someone in this room disgust me”

“Mind your language, Minhyuk. I'm still your father” he admonished.

He turned around and look at him “Father? When did you ever act like one? You makes me wanna puke” he laughed.

“Minhyuk, you…”

He turned around to face him and smirk “Am I wrong? Let me ask you. When was the last time we have a meal together? Let see…Never! I bet you doesn't even know my birthday. My favourite food. My hobbies. What I hate? What I like? Heck, what I'm even talking about? All these mean nothing to you. Haha, all you care about is your stupid company and profits” he blurted out.

The room went silent for a moment, the only sound that they could hear was the beeping of the machine next to the bed.

Minhyuk sighed. He dropped his head. He took out his hand from the pocket, dropped his arms and fisted his hands at his sides to keep himself calm “If only omma were still alive…” He stared blindly at his feet, his vision blurring. He closed his eyes and felt a tear slide down his cheek. ”…we would not be so alone, y-you would be a different person” yes, he had thought about it over and over, if only she were still alive, maybe things could have been different.

No, he know things would have been better. He had talked to some of their maids and butlers a while back, they told him about his father while his mother were still alive. They told him he was a loving, faithful, generous, kind, and caring husband to his wife and they thought he would definitely be a loving, caring, gentle, generous, devoted father to his children when they saw how happy he was when he was born. Everything’s changed when he lose her, he became completely a different person.

He roughly wiped his nose on his sleeve before he walked to the door, then he stopped “Stay away from her. I know what you trying to do to the girl she been seeing. It’s her life, you have no right to in. She’s been through a lot because of you. As long as live, I will make sure she is happy. This is my last warning.” He said before he grabbed the door handle.

“Beeeepppppp” there was a harsh wining sound from the device that was monitoring his father’s vital signs. He turned around and rushed to him on the bed “Hey old man, what's going on with you?” he was panicked as he watched him struggling to catch his breath, holding his chest. “Nurse!!!!” he screamed.