The crush

Dare To

Sooyoung hasn't sleep well. Actually, she didn't sleep at all, her heart and her thoughts didn't let her do so. Her friends are worried about her, Haseul insists, saying she looks tired. Sooyung just smiled at her. Hyunjin asks her if she needs medicines for her headache. Sooyoung says it's not that bad. Heejin wonders in silent what's wrong with her sunbae, knowing Sooyoung won't answer if she asks.

If Sooyoung was feeling down, her friends felt down too. They were a peculiar group, Sooyoung helped them all somehow and they ended up becoming friends.

Haseul lived in USA for four years, she didn't know anyone when she moved back to Korea and she transferred to the new high school. But Sooyoung was on her class and she approached her, Haseul managed to get along with everyone thanks to Sooyoung. Later on, when her true colors appeared, Sooyoung learned Haseul is like a mom, she also brings rain with her whenever they hang out. They have an inside joke about that, the so called 'Haseul's curse'.

Hyunjin was practicing for her piano recital at the music room when Sooyoung happened to hear it while walking around the halls. She was so frustrated, she couldn't memorize the score, but Sooyoung came into the room and helped her patiently without giving her a chance to complain. Hyunjin invited her to the recital and of course she went to cheer her up.

Heejin is a shy kid. She has selective mutism due to a traumatizing experience she prefers not to talk about. People shames her about it, some girls of her class took her silent the wrong way and beat her up in the toilet, but Sooyoung and Vivi appeared just at the right time, while Vivi helped her to get up and fixed her uniform, Sooyoung almost jumps to their throats in anger. They haven't do anything to her after that. Sooyoung wanted to earn her confident, and she did. Heejin now talks plenty and comfortably with her group of friends, and Sooyoung couldn't be more happy about it.

But she isn't happy today. She wish it's just herself imagining things and Vivi doesn't have a crush on that mysterious boy. She doesn't even know his name. It wouldn't be fair.

Who does she want to lie? Live isn't fair.

She hates that good looking guy already and she doesn't know who he is.

 

///

 

Much for her displeasure, it turns out he's a new guy from their school. He's one year younger than they're and he's classmates with Heejin. The worst coincidence of her life, however Vivi was so excited, she has this bad habit of staring at people she finds interesting, but who is Sooyoung to complain, she stares at Vivi all the time. ''Your eyes will get dry if you don't blink, Kahei.''

''I-I'm blinking.'' She turned her head to look at Sooyoung, blinking quickly. Sooyoung chuckled and rolled her eyes.

''You are interested on him, aren't you?''

''I don't know what you're talking about.'' Vivi lowered her gaze to her lunchbox, playing with the chopsticks.

''Vivi likes someone?'' Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, exchanging looks between the small girl and Sooyoung. ''Who is it?''

''The new guy at your grade… were you even listening to what Heejin said?''

''Sorry, I stayed up until late last night… I'm kinda sleepy.'' She looked at Heejin, she was obviously upset. ''I'm sorry~ don't look at me like that, please.''

''Hmp.''

''Oh, she's giving you the silent treatment now, good luck with that. I'm not helping you.'' Haseul cut her before Hyunjin could even open to talk, then she gave a bite to her sandwich.

At this point, Vivi was as red as a tomato, she couldn't keep eating her lunch because she was afraid of choking.

 

///

 

Sooyoung was jealous. It's not fair. Was that her fate? Seeing her beloved best friend falling for people that wasn't her. Sooyoung thinks she isn't too much, but isn't too bad either. Just a kiss, not even on the lips, a kiss on the cheek was enough. Sooyoung always kiss Vivi on the cheek, but being the shy girl Vivi is, she doesn't give it back, she just smiles and blushes or gets upset. It's cute, but it's not enough.

''Are you feeling bad, Sooyoungie? Do you want to go to the infirmary?'' Vivi whispered to her. Yeah, she wasn't feeling well, the headache just got worse with the noisy teenagers around.

''Can we go to the rooftop instead? I need some air…''

Vivi nodded vigorously and raised her hand. ''Mr.Lee, Sooyoung isn't feeling well.''

Maybe not the people their age, but the teachers couldn't say no to Vivi. She was just too cute, their parental instincts kicked whenever Vivi wanted something, and of course Mr.Lee let them go without complain or questions.

Sooyoung really needed some fresh air. Vivi offering her lap to rest her head didn't help her at all to forget the crush the girl was developing for the new boy. ''Do you think I'll be able to talk with him?''

A fake smile crossed Sooyoung's lips. Maybe she was in love with Vivi, but she was also her best friend. ''Of course you will.'' She wish she wouldn't.

''But what if he doesn't like my accent? Or he thinks I'm annoying… I can be pretty annoying, everyone thinks I'm-''

''Hey.'' Sooyoung cut her, Vivi looked down at her. ''You're awesome, you aren't annoying at all, your accent is the cutest and if he thinks all of what you just said, then he's a jerk who doesn't deserve you. Okay? Be confident, smol, I'm right here for whatever you need.''

She made herself comfortable, hugging Vivi's waist and hiding her face on the girl's stomach, Vivi caressed her hair, Sooyoung closed her eyes. ''Thank you, Sooyoungie.'' She thinks she doesn't deserve the gratefulness at all. She's selfish, she doesn't want to give Vivi away.

''Hmm… I'm tired.''

''Sleep. I'll wake you up when the bell rings.''

Vivi smiled at her. Sooyoung wanted to cry.