Stuck on you

Dare To

Sooyoung is popular. A natural beauty everyone loves at school, except for the jealous girls, oh, how much they hated Sooyoung's perfection. She dances, knows martial arts, sings and plays guitar and piano, her grades are exceptional at everything including sports, she's kind, quiet but outgoing, hardworking. The boys compared her with a demigod or an angel, that's why she earned the nickname 'Yves'. But Sooyoung can be cruel too, she rejected all the boys that asked her for a date without thinking twice, she shuts people's mouths when they gossip about their classmates or just because she doesn't like them without giving a warning, humiliating them. Everyone likes Sooyoung, but she doesn't like herself.

Her only flaw?

Wong Kahei. Better known has Vivi by their classmates, Sooyoung made that nickname. The so acknowledged nerd, Sooyung's best friend and also her only soft spot.

Vivi is small, clumsy and shy, she immerses herself in books and movies, she always tries her best but no one seems to notice it. There are three kind of people she deals with: the arrogant and snob bullies who Sooyoung liked to call 'immature s with low self-esteem', the classmates that had short conversations with her sometimes because keeping a conversation with Vivi was impossible and those who just ignored her, like if she didn't exist at all. Vivi's natural habitat is the library, she isn't good at sports or any kind of games, she doesn't speak much because her Korean isn't good enough so she keeps studying. Sooyoung tells her she's good at it.

When someone discourage Vivi, Sooyoung encouraged her.

If someone insults Vivi, Sooyoung humiliated them.

So everyone learned not to get on Vivi's way if Sooyoung was around, because she'd destroy you. Verbally, but she will.

Sooyoung knows everything about her small best friend. People call her ugly, for Sooyoung she is the most beautiful human being, inside and out. They call her small, and yes, she isn't tall, but isn't it the cutest thing of all? They call her nerd, Sooyoung loves nerdy Vivi because she gets excited talking about things she likes. They say she talks weird, Sooyoung loves Vivi's accent and makes sure to remind the girl about it every time someone tries to insult her with it.

Whenever Vivi wrinkle her nose and frowns it means she's either confused or upset by something. If she's nervous, she tends to play with her fingers and doesn't make eye contact. Her puffy cheeks light up whenever she smiles, Sooyoung thinks she looks like a cute hamster when she does that.

She knows she shouldn't look at her best friend that way. But she doesn't care, because the only person capable of making her feel is Vivi. Just Vivi can make her happy when she's feeling down, just her can make a boring day into a funny one, just Vivi can make her heart beat fast and her cheeks and hears get red. But she could also make her jealous, sad and disappointed. Heartbroken. Vivi owns Sooyoung's heart but she isn't aware of that.

''You seem distracted today, is something wrong?''

Vivi looked away from the book she was reading and turned her head to Sooyoung. ''Uh?''

''I've been here for three minutes already and you just notice me? Wow.''

''I'm sorry…'' Vivi put her head down, Sooyoung smiled tenderly.

''Like I was saying… should we go for an ice-cream after school? It's on me, I'll get you strawberry.''

''I'd love to but I've to help my parents at work, sorry Sooyoungie.''

''Oh. I thought you didn't have to do it on Wednesdays?''

''Uhm, yeah, but my mom woke up with a fever so I've to take care of the skating rink.''

''Hmm… okay.''

 

///

 

Sooyoung's mom is extremely religious. She has been doing a meet with the church members at their house for months now, every Wednesday and Saturday in the afternoon. Sooyoung has learn to ignore it, playing music while making her homework. She thinks everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want, but she hated how her mom invested so much time on it she ended up neglecting her family. And if they didn't agree with her believes, then she got really angry. 'God is the only one we should live for, Sooyoung. Don't obey anyone else but God.'

Sooyoung doesn't want to obey God.

When she was over with her homework the meet was still going, so she went to give a walk with Jin, her two years old adopted red border collie. She always wanted a dog and she managed to convince her mom about it, leading the family to a shelter one year ago were Sooyoung fell in love at first sight with the young dog. At first he was so scared of everything, signs of abuse, but now he's confident, loved and trained. 'A handsome dog for a beautiful person.' Vivi said. Sooyoung still remembers her cheeks heating up because of the sudden compliment.

Maybe she should visit Vivi at work, give her a surprise, bring her some ice-cream and medicines for her mom. Vivi's family is really sweet, Sooyoung likes them all, specially her mom, so she wants to make sure the woman is resting well.

She came in and an automatic smile placed on her face at the sight of Vivi. The girl was looking somewhere else, perfect timing to scare her out. A simple ''Buh.'' was enough to make Vivi jump on the spot and let out a small yelp. Sooyoung laughed, she's so cute. ''Surprise~ I got you ice-cream.'' She placed it on the counter with the plastic bag which had medicines in it. ''And this is for auntie. How is she?''

''Feeling better.'' Vivi smiled widely, taking the teaspoon to eat the ice-cream. ''Thank you, Sooyoungie, you didn't had to.''

''I wanted to. It must be boring staying behind that counter all day.'' Sooyoung placed her elbow over it and rested her chin on her hand with a smile. ''So, who are you looking at?''

''W-what do you mean?'' Vivi's cheeks became slightly pink, she started to play with her fingers, the characteristic playful smile appeared on Sooyoung's lips and that made her even more nervous. Sooyoung knew.

''You were staring at the rink, is someone interesting there? A celebrity?'' She lifted her head a little, trying to look through the glass, there was a single boy going around in circles. Her head turned at Vivi, she was back staring at the boy. ''Oh… he's handsome. Who is he?''

Vivi's cheeks became red gradually. ''I don't know. I've never seen him before.''

Sooyoung knows. Vivi may have her heart, but she can't take Vivi's.

Vivi taught her how to love, but she can't teach Vivi.