Stares

Dare To

Sooyoung feels weird, is not that she hates it, but it's been two days since Vivi keeps staring at her. It's just weird. Well, sometimes her attention is back to the jerk, Sooyoung knows it's not easy to let go when you like someone. Her friends are also giving her weird looks, like if they were scared. She's suspicious. ''Okay, what the hell is wrong? Do I have something on my face?''

''Did you do surgery to your eyes?'' Hyunjin replied right away, not thinking much, just as an excuse to change the topic and for the glare Sooyoung gave her, it obviously worked.

''Do you want to die?''

''No thank you, I got a lot to do, like marrying Heejin, for instance.'' The latter choked with her juice upon hearing that and glared at Hyunjin while she coughed, the girl laughed at her.

''Ugh, cringe.'' Haseul curled her fingers and faked goosebumps. ''So, how are things going?'' She asked to Sooyoung, changing the topic once again.

''Mom's angry as , she wants me to go back home, my dad is trying to keep his composure… I've to go to court tomorrow because they want my opinion, blah blah blah.''

''Opinion?'' Haseul raised an eyebrow.

''Yeah, you know. Who do I want to live with.''

''It's kind of obvious, though.'' Hyunjin said. Sooyoung just shrugged, she didn't want to talk about it. She felt guilty because her dad was giving up his relationship of twenty years because of her, but it made her aware of how much he actually loved her, even if most of the time he was working. Otherwise, her mom wanted to 'cure' her 'disease' and kept shouting things like 'you're not my daughter' to her whenever Sooyoung refuses. 'I didn't raise a gay person' Sooyoung smirked to herself and shook her head.

''Whatever.''

 

///

 

Everyone was staring at her, some with concern, some with disgust… seemed like she won some enemies, no wonder, the boy wasn't exactly a loner, he became quite popular in no time, mostly because he was on the soccer team, but whatever, they didn't know what happened or why she did it. They couldn't judge her, hell, she doesn't even let God judge her, why would she let some stupid teenagers do so?

She noticed Vivi was feeling down, she was quieter than usual and couldn't look at anyone on the eyes. If her self-esteem wasn't good before, after having the guy she liked dumping her like that, it was even worse. ''Vivi-ah, do you want to go home?''

''But you've practice?'' She tilted her head. ''I'll wait for you.''

''But-''

''I'll wait.''

Sooyoung sighed as they walked inside the practice room with Heejin, the girls at the club seemed happy to see her. Sooyoung didn't know Haseul told them what Yooseok did and they weren't angry at her. ''Glad you're back! We got another choreography to learn!'' Jungeun exclaimed, rushing to Sooyoung and clinging onto her. ''I'll teach you what we've been doing last week, is that okay?''

''Sure, let me change my clothes.'' Sooyoung smiled at her.

The members of the club are all good people, a little crazy, but good people.

While Sooyoung and Heejin practiced, Vivi sat on one corner, looking at them. She knows she has a lot to catch up with yet. She hurt Sooyoung, unintentionally, but she did and she couldn't feel worse about it. She's aware of how much she always stares at Sooyoung, but she never thought about it as something more than admiration, however, after knowing what it's on her best friend's mind, the more she looked at her, the more confused she was. ''Unnie your eyes will get dry.'' She got startled, letting out a small yelp in surprise as she turned her head to look at a smirking Hyunjin. She didn't even notice the girl came from her practice. Hyunjin sat next to her. ''So, what are you going to do?''

''I don't know… I never thought Sooyoungie could… well.''

''Love you?'' Vivi hid her face between her arms, Hyunjin chuckled. ''You know, if you think about it, it's quite obvious. I'm talking for myself, but, if I was you, I'd definitely give it a shot.''

''Give a shot to what exactly?''

''Sooyoung unnie.'' Vivi eyes widened in embarrassment, she hit the girl's arm hard, making Hyunjin whine in pain as she caressed it with a frown. ''Yah!''

''Don't you 'yah' me! I'm your unnie.''

Hyunjin pouted. ''Just when you find it convenient, tch.''

''I'll hit you again.''

''I'm sorry, unnie.''

 

///

 

Vivi was playing with Jin on her bed when Sooyoung arrived, not just she had to go to the court but her mom took her home. Vivi knew because Sooyoung messaged her in advance. She looked tired, not a single word came out of , she just took off her jacket and greeted the dog, standing there, in the middle of the room. Vivi raised both eyebrows, she was concerned. ''Sooyoungie, is something wrong?''

Sooyoung lifted her head to look at her, blankly. ''It's nothing. Don't worry.''

She frowned. ''You always say that. Talk to me, please?'' Instead of talking, Sooyoung ed her shirt and gave Vivi her back. For a moment the small girl was extremely confused and embarrassed but after seeing the red, slightly purple bruise on Sooyoung's back she came to her senses instantly, getting up from the bed to face the girl. ''Oh god, what happened?''

''Mom was angry. She pushed me against the shelving, called me everything but pretty and… yeah.''

''Sit up, I'll bring some ointment.'' Before she could open the door, Sooyoung took her wrist and made her turn back to her, resting her head on Vivi's shoulder.

''Don't. It doesn't hurt much, don't worry.''

''Stop saying that, of course I'm worried, Sooyoungie! Look at your back, why could your mom do that?''

Sooyoung lifted her head, staring straight onto Vivi's eyes but saying nothing. She took a step closer, Vivi took a step back and like that until the small girl was cornered against the wall, Sooyoung leaning her hands on her sides. She tilted her head, they were inches apart and Vivi was sure she forgot how to breathe. ''Give it a guess.''

And somehow, just by the stare Sooyoung was giving her, Vivi knew it was because of her.

 

I don't really know how divorce work so... let's just imagine xD