Heart Attack

Dare To

Vivi was feeling extra shy, not because she noticed her own feelings but because of the constant shows of affection between Jiwoo and her girlfriend. They were cute, though. Also she was embarrassed on behalf of Yeojin who was still giving a hard time to the poor Haseul, trying to keep her in one place. They were currently playing bowling and it was so noisy, she was too occupied to notice Sooyoung was missing until Heejin pulled her sleeve to catch her attention. ''What is it?''

''Where is Sooyoung unnie?''

Vivi gave a quick look to the bowling alley and found to trace of the taller girl. ''No idea.'' Maybe she didn't notice Sooyoung disappearing suddenly, but she did notice how the girl's mood decreased as the party went on. She walked outside the bowling alley and get sight of Sooyoung sitting on one of the sofas right away.

She approached her carefully and sat next to her, Sooyoung had her eyes close, yet Vivi knew she wasn't sleeping. ''Are you alright?''

Sooyoung hummed, leaning her head on Vivi's shoulder. ''Just tired.''

''You took your pills, right?''

''I did.'' She stated, letting out a low chuckle. Vivi sighed in relief and gulped when she felt Sooyoung caressing the back of her hand.

''Uhm, Sooyoungie, it tickles.''

''I know, that's why I'm doing it.'' Sooyoung opened her eyes and raised an eyebrow with a teasingly smile on her face, the Chinese girl rolled her eyes and that just made her laugh. ''Don't be like that, I know you like it.''

''Why are you so-''

''Amazing? I know, thank you.''

Vivi laughed and shook her head. ''Arrogant. I was going to say arrogant, dummy.'' She hit Sooyoung's arm playfully, yet the bitter smile on the latter's face told her it wasn't right, even if she was joking around. ''Do you want to go home?''

Sooyoung looked at her in disbelief. ''Everyone is still there, though.''

''I'm sure they'll understand.'' Vivi took her hand and beamed a reassuring smile to her, she caught Sooyoung's flushed cheeks but said nothing about it. ''I'll tell them, give me five.''

''Okay…''

 

///

 

Hyunjin was about to choke Yeojin, she really was going to choke her one day just to make her shut . However, Heejin's concerned eyes stopped her from doing so and instead, she walked to the girl carefully, squatting in front of her. ''Why the long face, princess?''

''Sooyoung unnie was feeling down. Vivi took her upstairs.'' Hyunjin's eyes widened in surprise and concern, yet there was a little hope knowing the girls were spending time alone. Heejin let out a sigh. ''If I just-''

''Hey, don't even think about blaming yourself.'' Hyunjin cut her, totally serious. ''We'd do nothing about it. But look the good side, unnies are alone, probably awkward as and-''

''Can you stop swearing in front of Yeojin!'' They heard Haseul yelling from the other side, Hyunjin didn't hide her chuckle at all, glancing for a second to the older girl with a teasingly smile on her face while Haseul furrowed her eyebrows, covering Yeojin's ears.

''Whatever. Like I was saying, any of them is probably going to explode sooner or later. They're just dense, just like you're slow!'' She teased, squeezing Heejin's cheeks.

The girl whined and slapped her hands away, frowning in annoyance. ''I'm not slow I- I just… need time.''

Hyunjin smiled tenderly at her. ''I know that.'' Of course she did, after what she had been through. And Hyunjin wasn't surprised, she was willing to wait and take baby steps.

''And I thought we were the main couple today.'' The two girls turned their heads to Jiwoo who was dramatizing next to them, leaning against her girlfriend. ''Chaewon-ah, we got competence!''

''There is nothing like that.'' Chaewon said calmly. ''We're way cuter.'' She reassured Jiwoo.

Hyunjin and Heejin rolled their eyes simultaneously. Those two were impossible to handle.

 

///

 

Vivi walked inside her room carefully, like if any sound could bother Sooyoung who was sitting on the bed, her back against the wall. Vivi closed the door behind her, letting out a small sigh. ''Silence is better?''

''Yep. Thank you.'' Sooyoung smiled at her. They kept silent for a while, until the taller girl spoke softly. ''You can go back, you know?''

Vivi furrowed her eyebrows and pouted. ''I won't let you here alone when you're feeling bad.''

''Maybe I want to be alone, though.'' She replied.

''I don't care.'' Vivi said, staring at her seriously. ''You shouldn't be alone when you're feeling down. You'll end up drowning in your thoughts, won't you?''

''So… you won't let me?''

''Of course not!'' Vivi exclaimed abruptly, reaching for Sooyoung's hands. ''I don't want you to feel bad. It makes me sad.''

Sooyoung bit her lower lip trying to contain the nervous laugh yet it didn't work out and she burst into laughter, more for embarrassment than anything. It was a cute gesture, although Vivi was completely serious about it. ''If you knew…'' She said it out loud. She wasn't supposed to say it out loud but she did.

''What?'' The Chinese girl's eyebrows furrowed gradually. That wasn't fair. ''How am I suppose to know if you don't let me? How can I understand you if you don't want me to?''

It was Christmas, they should be having fun at the party, not arguing on Vivi's room and making the poor dog watching them nervous. Sooyoung never wanted to make Vivi angry, but how do you expect your best friend being oblivious all the time? Of course she could get angry. She has the right to be. Sooyoung knows.

Was it alright to wish for a miracle in Christmas although God hates her? Was worth it give it a shot? She didn't know, but her senses told her she should try. Her senses and the small one-sided conversation she had with Jiwoo in the morning.

''She's definitely jealous, unnie! And I'm not talking about an ''oh that girl is too close with my best friend.'' I'm talking about a ''get your hands off my girl.'' I swear it was so funny!''

Sooyoung smirked and leaned forward. Vivi couldn't be nervous if she didn't know were those smirks lead to. ''Uhm… Sooyoungie, what are you doing?''

''Letting you understand me. I bet actions speak better than words, at least on my side.'' She said, softly yet huskily. Can you have heart attacks from listening to someone's voice? Because Vivi was sure her heart just stopped working alone with her brain. Sooyoung kept leaning closer and Vivi kept leaning backwards until she was against the headboard and the other girl got her arms firmly resting on the sides of Vivi's head. Their faces were an inch apart, Vivi knew what was about to come, however she didn't expect Sooyoung talking. ''If you don't want me to, just push me.''

With that, Sooyoung closed the almost nonexistent space between their lips.

 

Vivi didn't even think about pushing her.

 

 

 

Finally, woooow!

Anyways, the next chapter is an extra~ ^^